question about drink prices....

clginal

I checked out the price of the drink package and $54 per day per person is more than I really need. I'm a water all day and 1 or 2 fun drinks at night...maybe 3, kind of girl.

Can someone tell me how much drinks are? I don't drink wine....I like the specialty drinks. Maybe vodka & cranberry.

Chris

Anywhere between $8-$15 depending on type of drink. Cocktails can be expensive however they often have happy hour as well. I agree with you. I seriously looked at the drink package and decided to forgo this expensive. My liver couldn't handle it.

sent from Bolthead's Samsung 3

I was thinking around that price range. We've only been on 2 cruises before and 1 (MSC) had drink tickets...you could buy a book/12 tickets for the price of 10. It was a 4 day cruise and on the last day, I was drinking non-stop to use up the tickets..LOL.

I'll have to figure out how to enjoy a few drinks without breaking the bank.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the quick reply!!

Chris

Edited by clginal

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&page=16

Here is a link to a spreadsheet details the different drinks and prices for you. HTH.

Apparently the Golden Princess, when I sail in April 2016, will not have the All-Inclusive drink packages available, so I've costed the prices of what cocktails I want to drink, and am putting money aside to put on my ship-board account thus controlling nasty surprises! Am also doing this for souvenirs and photos. The Princess website has some good information in Gift Services which has clarified gifts for cousins and friends, and been accurate in the costing. As I am on a Government benefit, this cruise means careful planning, and fortnightly saving to afford it.

Crochetcruise :cool:

Edited by crochetcruise

Anywhere between $8-$15 depending on type of drink. Cocktails can be expensive however they often have happy hour as well. I agree with you.
I disagree as I think drink prices on Princess are quite reasonable with the vast majority less than $10 and most less than $8. Less than three weeks ago, I paid about $6.50, including gratuity, for a Fireball whiskey. Mixed drinks are probably around $6.

I disagree as I think drink prices on Princess are quite reasonable with the vast majority less than $10 and most less than $8. Less than three weeks ago, I paid about $6.50, including gratuity, for a Fireball whiskey. Mixed drinks are probably around $6.

On the Royal recently I looked at a bar menu and found only one drink priced above $10. (Of course doubles would cost more.)

Princess has started offering drink packages as a means to compete with some of their competition (i.e. Celebrity) who have had lots of success with drink packages. The packages are priced to generate a profit for the cruise line and are a good deal for some drinkers and a bad deal for others. Celebrity has made their drink package an integral part of booking promotions (their 1-2-3 promo) which is now being offered during several long booking periods each year. The cost to the passenger, when it is part of a promo, is significantly less then the approximate $50 a day it would cost to purchase the package. HAL has also jumped on this bandwagon, but it does seem like they increase prices significantly in order to more then cover the full cost of their drink packages. One will have to wait and see how Princess incorporates the drink packages into future promotions.

Hank

Celebrity has made their drink package an integral part of booking promotions (their 1-2-3 promo) which is now being offered during several long booking periods each year.

Doesn't Celebrity have two levels of pricing (and what is included) for their drink packages?

As I remember it, it is the lower value package that is part of their promo.

Their higher value package at a higher price is more equivalent to the Princess package.

I checked out the price of the drink package and $54 per day per person is more than I really need. I'm a water all day and 1 or 2 fun drinks at night...maybe 3, kind of girl.

Can someone tell me how much drinks are? I don't drink wine....I like the specialty drinks. Maybe vodka & cranberry.

Chris

I think that is called a Cape Cod.My drink of choice:p

In the Wheelhouse from 3:00 - 4:00 and in Skywalker's from 11:00 - Midnight drinks are BOGO - Buy One Get One. It's a pretty good deal. :)

I also actually found a useful coupon in the onboard coupon book. It's a BOGO for Wheelhouse (1 time use) from 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM.

The music in Skywalker's is usually way too loud and not to my taste. I just get a double Bulleit (bourbon) in a single glass and take it with me.

Edited by Thrak

Doesn't Celebrity have two levels of pricing (and what is included) for their drink packages?

As I remember it, it is the lower value package that is part of their promo.

Their higher value package at a higher price is more equivalent to the Princess package.

If I remember correctly, the higher package with Celebrity includes higher quality call drinks. The smaller package is for bar alcohol drinks.

Thanks for all your replies...great info.

I don't think the drink package is for me...good to see most prices are low enough to handle!!!

Just looking over my folio from our Ruby cruise in November the price of a Bombay Sapphire and tonic was $7.99 including the 15% gratuity.

I wish that I could get one in Atlanta or Key West for that price.

Mike:)

Follow the money. The cruise lines, all of them, are laughing all the way to the bank 'cause they're making piles of money on drink packages. They're not offering them to be nice or save you money but to increase their profits. :)

Also, as pointed out in a RCCL conference call with stock analysts, they find including some type of beverage package as an amenity for booking is a better (and more profitable) strategy that avoids cutting the price of the cruise itself.