Bringing Flowers On the ship

georgiaguy

So long and short is I am planning a very important and once in a lifetime experience for Sunrise the day I board my next cruise. Part of the plan involves flowers and so the question is will they make us throw them out before we get onboard? Has anyone tried before?

So long and short is I am planning a very important and once in a lifetime experience for Sunrise the day I board my next cruise. Part of the plan involves flowers and so the question is will they make us throw them out before we get onboard? Has anyone tried before?

An easy and quick search of the forum provided me with this thread from earlier in January 2015 on this very topic.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2149570

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

I just called and asked Celebrity and was told it was not allowed? Was this because they would rather just sell them to me? Another thread seems to indicate that they have all done it.

I was one of the people that replied in the link Vulcan posted.

You don't say what port you are sailing out of but my guess is what the Celebrity Rep told you and what is the real practice are different.

I've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, NYC, Rome, Venice, Amsterdam with a nice bouquet of flowers without any problem. I've not hidden them, but have left them in the wrapping that most florists use. I know companies can change their policy but I don't think this has changed.

Not sure what I'd do if I were you but since you indicated it is a very important thing, it might be worth calling the Captain's Club to get a definitive answer and if that answer is a no, see if you can convince them to provide you with an exception (in writting). If that fails, I'd still bring them on board with me and take my chances. Another option would be to see if you can pre-order exactly what you are looking for.

I plan on visiting a florist in Ft. Lauderdale before boarding the Equinox. If I remember I'll find this thread and let you know if I am successful.

Oh I guess that would be important lol. I am sailing out of Miami. Plan is to have sunrise on the beach and popping the question followed by breakfast with flowers waiting at the table. Having them delivered with a vase so hopefully that will be easy to manage getting on board.

Oh I guess that would be important lol. I am sailing out of Miami. Plan is to have sunrise on the beach and popping the question followed by breakfast with flowers waiting at the table. Having them delivered with a vase so hopefully that will be easy to manage getting on board.

Congratulations! Hope your fiancé doesn't read Cruise Critic ;)

Do you mean Balcony?

Given the scenario you are talking about, might be better to try and arrange this before hand by calling captain's club. For such a special event they hopefully can help plan this so it's a surprise (breakfast/flowers/champagne). Kind of hard to sneak flowers on board if you're holding them :D

Do you mean Balcony?

Given the scenario you are talking about, might be better to try and arrange this before hand by calling captain's club. For such a special event they hopefully can help plan this so it's a surprise (breakfast/flowers/champagne). Kind of hard to sneak flowers on board if you're holding them :D

Oh no I mean the morning before we board going out onto the beach for sunrise and then I have arranged for the flowers to be delivered to the restaurant we will have breakfast at the day before so that they are waiting for us when we arrive. After breakfast it is time to head over to the port for embarkation.

Last August, I had a huge bouquet from Pikes Place Market in Seattle. The Hotel Manager saw me as I was boarding and took them from me and procured a vase - they were on the desk in our cabin when we walked in and lasted all week.

I don't think you will have any troubles - we have carried them on in Barbados and Tahiti too.

If I bring flowers on, will they provide a vase? I can't imagine lugging on flowers for them not to have a proper place. Has anyone been told 'no' about getting a vase?

Never had any issues. We purchased a couple of plastic "glass" vases at Dollar Tree on one of our trips to the US and packed those for a couple of years in case we could not get a vase on board but never had to use them and have stopped packing them.

Never had any issues. We purchased a couple of plastic "glass" vases at Dollar Tree on one of our trips to the US and packed those for a couple of years in case we could not get a vase on board but never had to use them and have stopped packing them.

Thanks for the helpful response. I know we have not packed back home a number of ship vases provided with our flowers. I would think the florist shop simply recycles them. Packing a vase back home seems semi-rediculious.