"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

I totally agree with you. I have on that cruise you spoke of the Elation out of San Diego, it was great!!! I would much rather go to Cabo than Ensenada anyday. I also loved it when they had the 8 night cruises that went down to Alcapulco, Mazanillo & Ixtapa when the Spirit left from San Diego. We have 2 ports down here in San Diego, one that was just competed last year. Both are inside out of the rain. Have you ever left out of the Los Angeles port STANDING in one of those LONG LINES in the pouring rain, one time we had to, so not pleasant. I didn't feel well that cruise as I caught a cold. At least in San Diego there are a LOT of places to sit down that are INSIDE out of the pouring rain.

I swear I don't understand the fixation of Long Beach as a port to cruise out of. I think I would much rather cruise by Point Loma than the oil platforms sitting off of Long Beach. Maybe San Diego charges too much in port fees.

It doesn't matter much to us anymore as we're moving to Florida to escape the high cost of living here. After 35 years we're pulling stakes. As much as I love San Diego I don't love the idiot politicians in Sacramento!

I know! Florida offers some cheappp cruises. I've seen 7 day Caribbean cruises from $450 pp. Some claim that cruises here on the west coast are heavily discounted, $600-and up for a 7 day Mexican Riviera is not heavily discounted if you ask me. Some Caribbean cruises are way cheaper than that, the only reason I don't do Caribbean is because the airfare ends up costing more than the actual cruise!

Same here, we can afford the cruise, but it cost more to fly round trip to the east coast than the actual cruise? We just can't afford both, That, plus my DH hates to fly, so the only cruises we get to on leave from the west coast. We had to fly back from Hawaii when we cruised over there on the Spirit & he had a heck of a time flying back from there. We really don't go to Mexico on all our cruise because we like Mexico, we don't all that much. It's because from SD or LA that is pretty much all we can go to, besides Hawaii.

I wish they would also do cruises from San Francisco. Like up to Alaska on a 10 night like the Princess or Celebrity does. We could drive up to my DH Sisters in Sacramento spend the night & then she could drive us to SF to the port the next day & pick us up after words. Doing the Alaska cruise is our absolute dream cruise, but we can't do it unless Carnival leaves from SF as well. We really don't want to go on another cruise line, we have really like & have been loyal to Carnival since our first cruise 1/17/2000 & are booked on the Miracle again for the 3rd time in Nov. for our 14th cruise with them.

It sure would be nice to see some new ships out here though, especially if they can include San Diego to their line up again or San Francisco even. Why can't they just do something new & different for a change they will be making $$$.

Edited by thepauls93

Miami will have 3 fantasy class ships. Sensation, fantasy, and facination.

Yeah, I cannot believe all of the Fantasy class ships that will be in Miami. Guess if I sail Carnival after the Glory next year, it will either be the Vista or go to another port.

So what is new today?

Ecstasy to Charleston

Fascination to Miami

Fantasy to Miami

Victory to San Juan

Anything else?

Got the email last night that my 4/30/16 Fantasy booking was going to be switched to Ecstasy. I'm mildly disappointed, as I was hoping for a different ship. But I haven't sailed Ecstasy and at least I'll know my way around!

Anything yet about a Panama Canal cruise? The 4/30/16 sailing will be #25, and I wouldn't want to use my Milestone credit on that, so I'm hoping for a Canal sailing on Miracle. Or Splendor around South America!

I like how ships are returning to old routes. Splendor to Long Beach, Fascination to Miami, Victory to San Juan, Triumph to New Orleans, Fascination to San Juan, etc.

What do you guys think Fantasy will do? Retire? After her Miami service, I'm really curious as to what she can do.

Edited by cruisexlife

So been trying to book a big family cruise out of Chas next April. Been waiting for reduced deposits and here they are. But I don't see either Fantasy or Ecstasy sailings for April. Maybe they are waiting to get all those who are already booked into the system on the new ship and then will make them available? Does anyone know when the Ecstasy is due to arrive? On or before April 30 since NCTribe got that email. We were looking at April 20.

Looks like Ecstasy is going to Charleston, Fascination to Miami after leaving San Juan, and Victory going to San Juan.

Fantasy itineraries are still not available for that part of the year yet. Nor is Legend, Miracle, and Splendor. So I'm now thinking Splendor going to Long Beach, Miracle to Tampa, and Fantasy who knows!

I swear I don't understand the fixation of Long Beach as a port to cruise out of. I think I would much rather cruise by Point Loma than the oil platforms sitting off of Long Beach. Maybe San Diego charges too much in port fees.

It doesn't matter much to us anymore as we're moving to Florida to escape the high cost of living here. After 35 years we're pulling stakes. As much as I love San Diego I don't love the idiot politicians in Sacramento!

I'm considering the same thing! This state is super expensive to live in, all these dumb laws on new taxes and blah blah blah. And the drought doesn't help either. Florida is much nicer, beaches everywhere, and best part of all, some of the best cruise ships call Florida home! I don't blame you for wanting to move, I hope you enjoy Florida! You'll be enjoying those beautiful Caribbean cruises!

Same here, we can afford the cruise, but it cost more to fly round trip to the east coast than the actual cruise? We just can't afford both, That, plus my DH hates to fly, so the only cruises we get to on leave from the west coast. We had to fly back from Hawaii when we cruised over there on the Spirit & he had a heck of a time flying back from there. We really don't go to Mexico on all our cruise because we like Mexico, we don't all that much. It's because from SD or LA that is pretty much all we can go to, besides Hawaii.

I wish they would also do cruises from San Francisco. Like up to Alaska on a 10 night like the Princess or Celebrity does. We could drive up to my DH Sisters in Sacramento spend the night & then she could drive us to SF to the port the next day & pick us up after words. Doing the Alaska cruise is our absolute dream cruise, but we can't do it unless Carnival leaves from SF as well. We really don't want to go on another cruise line, we have really like & have been loyal to Carnival since our first cruise 1/17/2000 & are booked on the Miracle again for the 3rd time in Nov. for our 14th cruise with them.

It sure would be nice to see some new ships out here though, especially if they can include San Diego to their line up again or San Francisco even. Why can't they just do something new & different for a change they will be making $$$.

The cost of airfare to the East Coast is ridiculous! Long Beach just needs to be more organized, and San Diego needs to be reopened. They would make much more money using two ports to operate from, and also offer different itineraries from each.

I take that back! Fantasy has bookings out of Miami starting May 2nd 2016 through October 2016.

What happens to the Fantasy after October 16th is the BIG question.

Edited by Tapi

Maybe there is some truth to the rumor that the Fantasy will be sold and the final details are just being worked out. That could be the reason her schedule only goes through October, 2016.

Just saw a question on John's Facebook page about maybe Carnival going to Cuba from Miami in 2016 /2017.

Maybe that will be what Fantasy will do. That would make sense.

Edited by kicia
Added info

Maybe there is some truth to the rumor that the Fantasy will be sold and the final details are just being worked out. That could be the reason her schedule only goes through October, 2016.

Just saw a question on John's Facebook page about maybe Carnival going to Cuba from Miami in 2016 /2017.

Maybe that will be what Fantasy will do. That would make sense.

That would be impossible unless Congress changes the law. And lets be real here..... does anyone see Congress getting anything done anytime soon? I agree it would be great. Everyone on here needs to start calling and emailing their Congress people!

I like how ships are returning to old routes. Splendor to Long Beach, Fascination to Miami, Victory to San Juan, Triumph to New Orleans, Fascination to San Juan, etc.

What do you guys think Fantasy will do? Retire? After her Miami service, I'm really curious as to what she can do.

John Heald has said that rumors the Fantasy will retire are false so that is out. I would love to see her on a 5/4/5 day schedule out of Ft Lauderdale. I fly Southwest so it is so much easier to get there than Miami yet it is still far enough south they could do some nice 5 day itineraries that aren't just the Bahamas every time.

Just did a fake booking, looks like Ecstasy is moving to Charleston in 2016, Fantasy will be leaving sometime after Feb 2017. Also they have brought back Bermuda cruise from Charleston

Just did a fake booking, looks like Ecstasy is moving to Charleston in 2016, Fantasy will be leaving sometime after Feb 2017. Also they have brought back Bermuda cruise from Charleston

No. Fantasy will be moving to Miami in February 2016 and then will be replaced there by Fascination in November 2016. Carnival has yet to announce where Fantasy will move after that.

I posted (#560) this morning. I'm booked on the 4/30/16 sailing and will be switched to Ecstasy.

2,758-PASSENGER CARNIVAL VICTORY TO OFFER EXCITING NEW CHOICE

ON SEVEN-DAY SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN CRUISES FROM SAN JUAN IN 2016

Additionally, Carnival Ecstasy Will Reposition to Charleston, Carnival Fantasy to Miami Next Year

MIAMI (April 28, 2015) – Building on its distinction as the Caribbean cruise leader, Carnival Cruise Line will reposition the 102,000-ton Carnival Victory on the line’s popular five-port, seven-day southern Caribbean cruise schedule from San Juan beginning in November 2016.

Carnival Victory offers a wide range of on-board amenities and features, including more than 500 balcony staterooms that are perfect for watching the breathtaking Caribbean scenery. Carnival Victory will carry an estimated 150,000 guests from San Juan on an annual basis.

In addition, Carnival announced new ships in two key homeports with Carnival Ecstasy shifting to Charleston, S.C., and Carnival Fantasy to Miami in February 2016, providing exciting new “Fun Ship” cruise options in those markets.

“Our popular southern Caribbean cruises from San Juan offer our guests the opportunity to visit five different tropical destinations during their week-long vacation and each of these fantastic ports feature not only spectacular beaches but also a wide variety of sightseeing opportunities and attractions,” said Christine Duffy, Carnival’s president. “At the same time, we’re excited to provide two terrific ‘Fun Ship’ vacation choices with Carnival Ecstasy sailing from Charleston and Carnival Fantasy from Miami,” she added.

Carnival Victory to Offer Seven-Day Cruises From San Juan

Carnival Victory will reposition to San Juan to offer a week-long southern Caribbean cruise schedule beginning Nov. 6, 2016. The itinerary features day-long calls at five magnificent destinations: St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Maarten.

In addition to featuring some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, these destinations offer a wide range of unforgettable landside experiences, from shopping for duty-free bargains in St. Thomas and exploring the majestic volcanic mountains called the Pitons in St. Lucia to visiting centuries-old historic structures in Barbados, soaking up the distinctive Dutch/French atmosphere of St. Maarten and traversing St. Kitts’ lush, mountainous landscape.

On board Carnival Victory, guests can enjoy the ship’s array of amenities, including a luxurious 14,500-square foot spa, four swimming pools – one with a 214-foot-long water slide – along with myriad dining, entertainment and nightlife options, all enjoyed amidst stunning interiors that pay homage to legendary bodies of water.

Carnival Ecstasy to Operate Four- to Seven-Day Cruises From Charleston

Beginning Feb. 6, 2016, Carnival Ecstasy will launch year-round four- to seven-day departures from Charleston, S.C., providing an array of itinerary and cruise duration choices from this popular homeport. On its new schedule, four-day cruises will sail to Nassau and five-day cruises will visit Nassau and Freeport or the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay. Two different seven-day options will be available featuring either Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau or Amber Cove (Dominican Republic), Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay.

There will also be three special six-day cruises departing May 23 and Oct. 2 and 30, 2016, and visiting Freeport, Nassau and Half Moon Cay.

Carnival Ecstasy offers a wide range of on-board features, including a WaterWorks aqua park featuring a 300-foot-long water slide, a Serenity adults-only retreat and a tropical-themed resort style pool, along with more than 150 staterooms and suites featuring private balconies.

Carnival Fantasy to Sail Three- and Four-Day Cruises From Miami

Carnival Fantasy, currently based in Charleston, will shift to Miami to operate the line’s popular three- and four-day cruise schedule beginning Feb.22, 2016. On this route, three-day weekend cruises depart Fridays and overnight in Nassau, while four-day voyages depart Mondays and feature Key West and Cozumel.

Prior to the start-up of three- and four-day service from Miami, Carnival Fantasy will offer a special five-day cruise to Amber Cove and Grand Turk departing Feb. 17, 2016. Carnival Fascination will assume this route from the Carnival Fantasy beginning Nov. 7, 2016. Details on the Carnival Fantasy’s future deployment will be provided at a later date.

Value-Packed Repositioning Cruises on Carnival Victory and Carnival Fascination

In preparation for their new homeport deployments, Carnival Fascination and Carnival Victory will offer exciting seven- and eight-day Caribbean cruises, respectively, departing in October 2016 and visiting some of the region’s most sought-after destinations.

Carnival Victory will operate a special seven-day cruise departing Port Canaveral, Fla., Oct. 30, 2016, and arriving in San Juan Nov. 6, 2016. Featured ports on this itinerary include St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua and St. Maarten.

Carnival Fascination will offer a one-time eight-day cruise from San Juan to Miami Oct. 30 – Nov. 7, 2016, featuring extended calls at St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Maarten and Grand Turk.

One more big dancing move to come soon.

cheers

So with us just waiting on an announcement for the Splendor also going to Long Beach & Miracle to Tampa, are all the ships covered now?? I just wonder why they bothered putting the Fascination in San Juan for just a few months, couldn't the Victory have gone there starting in April 2016 instead??

2,758-PASSENGER CARNIVAL VICTORY TO OFFER EXCITING NEW CHOICE

ON SEVEN-DAY SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN CRUISES FROM SAN JUAN IN 2016

Additionally, Carnival Ecstasy Will Reposition to Charleston, Carnival Fantasy to Miami Next Year

MIAMI (April 28, 2015) – Building on its distinction as the Caribbean cruise leader, Carnival Cruise Line will reposition the 102,000-ton Carnival Victory on the line’s popular five-port, seven-day southern Caribbean cruise schedule from San Juan beginning in November 2016.

Carnival Victory offers a wide range of on-board amenities and features, including more than 500 balcony staterooms that are perfect for watching the breathtaking Caribbean scenery. Carnival Victory will carry an estimated 150,000 guests from San Juan on an annual basis.

In addition, Carnival announced new ships in two key homeports with Carnival Ecstasy shifting to Charleston, S.C., and Carnival Fantasy to Miami in February 2016, providing exciting new “Fun Ship” cruise options in those markets.

“Our popular southern Caribbean cruises from San Juan offer our guests the opportunity to visit five different tropical destinations during their week-long vacation and each of these fantastic ports feature not only spectacular beaches but also a wide variety of sightseeing opportunities and attractions,” said Christine Duffy, Carnival’s president. “At the same time, we’re excited to provide two terrific ‘Fun Ship’ vacation choices with Carnival Ecstasy sailing from Charleston and Carnival Fantasy from Miami,” she added.

Carnival Victory to Offer Seven-Day Cruises From San Juan

Carnival Victory will reposition to San Juan to offer a week-long southern Caribbean cruise schedule beginning Nov. 6, 2016. The itinerary features day-long calls at five magnificent destinations: St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts and St. Maarten.

In addition to featuring some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, these destinations offer a wide range of unforgettable landside experiences, from shopping for duty-free bargains in St. Thomas and exploring the majestic volcanic mountains called the Pitons in St. Lucia to visiting centuries-old historic structures in Barbados, soaking up the distinctive Dutch/French atmosphere of St. Maarten and traversing St. Kitts’ lush, mountainous landscape.

On board Carnival Victory, guests can enjoy the ship’s array of amenities, including a luxurious 14,500-square foot spa, four swimming pools – one with a 214-foot-long water slide – along with myriad dining, entertainment and nightlife options, all enjoyed amidst stunning interiors that pay homage to legendary bodies of water.

Carnival Ecstasy to Operate Four- to Seven-Day Cruises From Charleston

Beginning Feb. 6, 2016, Carnival Ecstasy will launch year-round four- to seven-day departures from Charleston, S.C., providing an array of itinerary and cruise duration choices from this popular homeport. On its new schedule, four-day cruises will sail to Nassau and five-day cruises will visit Nassau and Freeport or the private Bahamian island of Half Moon Cay. Two different seven-day options will be available featuring either Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay and Nassau or Amber Cove (Dominican Republic), Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay.

There will also be three special six-day cruises departing May 23 and Oct. 2 and 30, 2016, and visiting Freeport, Nassau and Half Moon Cay.

Carnival Ecstasy offers a wide range of on-board features, including a WaterWorks aqua park featuring a 300-foot-long water slide, a Serenity adults-only retreat and a tropical-themed resort style pool, along with more than 150 staterooms and suites featuring private balconies.

Carnival Fantasy to Sail Three- and Four-Day Cruises From Miami

Carnival Fantasy, currently based in Charleston, will shift to Miami to operate the line’s popular three- and four-day cruise schedule beginning Feb.22, 2016. On this route, three-day weekend cruises depart Fridays and overnight in Nassau, while four-day voyages depart Mondays and feature Key West and Cozumel.

Prior to the start-up of three- and four-day service from Miami, Carnival Fantasy will offer a special five-day cruise to Amber Cove and Grand Turk departing Feb. 17, 2016. Carnival Fascination will assume this route from the Carnival Fantasy beginning Nov. 7, 2016. Details on the Carnival Fantasy’s future deployment will be provided at a later date.

Value-Packed Repositioning Cruises on Carnival Victory and Carnival Fascination

In preparation for their new homeport deployments, Carnival Fascination and Carnival Victory will offer exciting seven- and eight-day Caribbean cruises, respectively, departing in October 2016 and visiting some of the region’s most sought-after destinations.

Carnival Victory will operate a special seven-day cruise departing Port Canaveral, Fla., Oct. 30, 2016, and arriving in San Juan Nov. 6, 2016. Featured ports on this itinerary include St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Antigua and St. Maarten.

Carnival Fascination will offer a one-time eight-day cruise from San Juan to Miami Oct. 30 – Nov. 7, 2016, featuring extended calls at St. Thomas, Antigua, St. Kitts, St. Maarten and Grand Turk.

One more big dancing move to come soon.

cheers

So with us just waiting on an announcement for the Splendor also going to Long Beach & Miracle to Tampa, are all the ships covered now?? I just wonder why they bothered putting the Fascination in San Juan for just a few months, couldn't the Victory have gone there starting in April 2016 instead??

What does it mean by day-long? looks like an ordinary 7 to 8 hour port day don't see what's long about