"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

The last date for the Splendor is February 26th of 2017. Do we have any idea what she is doing after that? It is only a year away. It seems a bit odd.

Sure does, there was someone who posted on this or another thread on same subject who h smith information on when the canal would be done.

According to a statement that my PVP said they got do to booking demands Carnival has opted to delay putting any ship in China until 2018. Unsure if they still plan to move the Miracle to China.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I personally am tired of having to fly to get to cruise on the newer ships.. I think they should move the Magic to the west coast...just sayin....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

LOL, well we sure don't want you to have to do that.The west coast will get at least a Conquest class ship once the canal is finished. Hopefully CA will fill it this time around, Carnival took a bath with the Splendor being out there.

I personally am tired of having to fly to get to cruise on the newer ships.. I think they should move the Magic to the west coast...just sayin....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I feel you, and I'm on the East! I think the West would benefit from losing a Fantasy class ship (either to San Diego or to somewhere back in the Atlantic, and having a ship like Glory or Conquest with 2.0 at least sail from LB.

The official word earlier was about the Miracle going to China for a part of 2017 and then the Splendor going in 2018.

For awhile there, cruises for the Miracle to Mexico ended at the end of February 2017 but now shows cruises as far out as August 2017 ( maybe more but I did not check any further ). So maybe not the Miiracle to China in 2017?

Maybe it will be the Splendor going to China in 2017 and 2018? Guess this is all dependent on when the canal is finished and larger ships can go through?

Also, once the canal is finished, larger ships can go through so Carnival may add more Panama Canal cruises. Ships can go back and forth in each direction. Even if there is not a permanent ship assigned to the west coast, it gives Carnival more flexibility in moving ships back and forth to the west coast.

That really doesn't say anything new. Carnival released more itineraries for Miracle to the end of 2017, while that article says spring 2017. There are some changes but they won't tell us yet, for some reason.

Carnival is delaying movement to China until 2018. They have a statement they can release you just have to ask about it.

Hopefully it is only coincidence that it the same timing as Vista 2.

Carnival is delaying movement to China until 2018. They have a statement they can release you just have to ask about it.

Yep, Miracle has sailings thru the end of 2017. Panama cruises are only partials.

T

My PVP confirmed that you are correct. I also asked John Heald on Facebook and he also confirmed that Carnival will not be sending any ships there until 2018. He did not say which ship though.

Sooooo...to add a bit of fuel to the fire (although a different fuel) I thought I'd share something I found. just for curiosity's sake I just downloaded the Carnival Hub app and looke over the ships it's already live and the ones still on the works. On the bottom part of each ship's picture there's a list of ports. From what I could figure out the ports listed are the current and/or future home ports of each ship. For example: The Liberty list Barbados (not really home port but Carnival sell sailings that START in Barbados while on the same loop as the sailing that embarked in San Juan, PR), San Juan and Galveston, TX (the already announced home port for the Liberty after March/April). The Fascination lists Jacksonville (current home port), Barbados and San Juan (an already announced relocation taking over for Liberty on the same itinerary). But I noticed something very strange. The app lists the Elation with New Orleans (current home port), Jacksonville, FL (taking over for Fascination when it moves to SJ) and San Juan, PR!!

Could this be an unannounced (yet) move to replace the Fascination in 2017/18 or (not likely) add a second route from San Juan? Last part is not entirely out of the question since Royal Caribbean already home ports two ships (one seasonal, Jewel and Adventure OTS). Or could it be that someone simply messed up at Carnival's IT/PR/Marketing dept.??

BTW the Cruise TT site has the Elation in Jacksonville at least through April 2017.

Sooooo...to add a bit of fuel to the fire (although a different fuel) I thought I'd share something I found. just for curiosity's sake I just downloaded the Carnival Hub app and looke over the ships it's already live and the ones still on the works. On the bottom part of each ship's picture there's a list of ports. From what I could figure out the ports listed are the current and/or future home ports of each ship. For example: The Liberty list Barbados (not really home port but Carnival sell sailings that START in Barbados while on the same loop as the sailing that embarked in San Juan, PR), San Juan and Galveston, TX (the already announced home port for the Liberty after March/April). The Fascination lists Jacksonville (current home port), Barbados and San Juan (an already announced relocation taking over for Liberty on the same itinerary). But I noticed something very strange. The app lists the Elation with New Orleans (current home port), Jacksonville, FL (taking over for Fascination when it moves to SJ) and San Juan, PR!!

Could this be an unannounced (yet) move to replace the Fascination in 2017/18 or (not likely) add a second route from San Juan? Last part is not entirely out of the question since Royal Caribbean already home ports two ships (one seasonal, Jewel and Adventure OTS). Or could it be that someone simply messed up at Carnival's IT/PR/Marketing dept.??

BTW the Cruise TT site has the Elation in Jacksonville at least through April 2017.

No, that's because the relocation of the Elation to Jacksonville from NOLA goes through San Juan. An 11 day Journey to San Juan from NOLA and a 10 day Journey from San Juan to Jacksonville.

So San Juan is only a departure port for the Elation for one cruise.

• 2 months later...
Wonder if there will be any dancing of the ships this year?

I would be very surprised since Carnival has released nearly all of its schedule through April 2018. I imagine the next announcement will be about the Vista's sister ships home port when she joins the fleet in 2018.

I would be very surprised since Carnival has released nearly all of its schedule through April 2018. I imagine the next announcement will be about the Vista's sister ships home port when she joins the fleet in 2018.

Good point, I guess we get a few years off from dancing speculation.