"Dancing of the Ships" Speculation

cruisexlife

I'm also hoping for a Canal cruise and was hoping for one before the "new" canal is open.

I have #23 and #24 booked and probably #25 will be the Vista inaugural, but since I'm trying to keep the cabin cost as low as possible (by rooming with multiple total strangers), I'll probably not use my Milestone OBC on that sailing.

So, wouldn't a Panama Canal cruise on a Spirit-class ship (solo) be a great way to use that Milestone benefit! :D

I actually just emailed my PVP and asked him that even if the schedules aren't out, was there any way he could "hint" as to whether there was a canal transit coming up in 2017? If there is, I do hope it's after 4/15 because I'm a CPA and I'd be SO annoyed if there was one and it was a week before I was unchained from my desk!!

I'm also hoping for a Canal cruise and was hoping for one before the "new" canal is open.

I have #23 and #24 booked and probably #25 will be the Vista inaugural, but since I'm trying to keep the cabin cost as low as possible (by rooming with multiple total strangers), I'll probably not use my Milestone OBC on that sailing.

So, wouldn't a Panama Canal cruise on a Spirit-class ship (solo) be a great way to use that Milestone benefit! :D

I actually just emailed my PVP and asked him that even if the schedules aren't out, was there any way he could "hint" as to whether there was a canal transit coming up in 2017? If there is, I do hope it's after 4/15 because I'm a CPA and I'd be SO annoyed if there was one and it was a week before I was unchained from my desk!!

I doubt it, because they have to move the Splendor out there to replace the Miracle. I don't think one will happen without the other.

PVP said a lot depends on what Carnival does in Australia. Hadn't really thought about that. Wonder if they're considering putting a larger ship there. I have no idea whether the ports can handle a Conquest or Dream class ship so that may not be an option at all.

That's interesting. The Spirit is currently scheduled to be in AUS through the end of 2017 unless they're thinking of adding a second ship to that market in 2017? Or looking beyond 2017?

I think Spirit has been permanently Aussi-fied but Legend is still the ship she was before. But I haven't kept up with them and could be entirely mistaken. It's been known to happen!

Just wondering if they might bring Legend back and send a larger ship. Honestly have no idea how the Oz sailings sell and what the demand might be in that region. I think HAL has some smaller ships in the South Pacific but don't know about other cruiselines.

Certainly would love to find out, but that's on a far future bucket list (assuming I last that long and can ever afford it).

Here's some random speculation - send Fantasy to Mobile temporarily; sell her off eventually, replace her with a different Fantasy-class ship (Ecstasy?), by then Charleston may finally get their act together and build the new terminal, put Legend in Charleston.

I'm not much into the random speculation thing, though. Pointless use of my brain cells. :p

I think Spirit has been permanently Aussi-fied but Legend is still the ship she was before. But I haven't kept up with them and could be entirely mistaken. It's been known to happen!

Just wondering if they might bring Legend back and send a larger ship. Honestly have no idea how the Oz sailings sell and what the demand might be in that region. I think HAL has some smaller ships in the South Pacific but don't know about other cruiselines.

Certainly would love to find out, but that's on a far future bucket list (assuming I last that long and can ever afford it).

Here's some random speculation - send Fantasy to Mobile temporarily; sell her off eventually, replace her with a different Fantasy-class ship (Ecstasy?), by then Charleston may finally get their act together and build the new terminal, put Legend in Charleston.

I'm not much into the random speculation thing, though. Pointless use of my brain cells. :p

I don't think they will send anything larger over at least until the widening of the canal is complete (but hey, I have been wrong already today...). It is fairly interesting that Carnival Corp states that HAL, Costa, P&O and Princess are their lines for world wide travel and Carnival is for the Caribbean, yet we have Carnival Australia. Go figure.....

PVP said a lot depends on what Carnival does in Australia. Hadn't really thought about that. Wonder if they're considering putting a larger ship there. I have no idea whether the ports can handle a Conquest or Dream class ship so that may not be an option at all.

I wonder if they are thinking of bringing the spirit back. Exp since she received pretty much everything the pride got. Also she will have been down there for over four years now.

Maybe they could take Fantasy, throw some balconies on her, redo some of her inside and Aussie-fy her, and send her full-time down south. Maybe, she could even go to Brisbane for part of the year to compete with the Legend of the Seas. Then we could get Legend back (they'll have 2 ships full time, where now they have 1 full and 1 seasonal), and restart Tampa. If something bigger is going to replace Miracle from Long Beach, then Miracle could do what Spirit used to do with the part-time San Diego part-time Alaska.

Carnival really messed up the markets moving 2/4 spirit class ships down there.

I would love to have a Spirit class ship out of Charleston. That's my closest homeport. :)

I wonder if they are thinking of bringing the spirit back. Exp since she received pretty much everything the pride got. Also she will have been down there for over four years now.

I hope they bring Spirit back soon, I love that class of ships and would love to sail on her.

Maybe they could take Fantasy, throw some balconies on her, redo some of her inside and Aussie-fy her, and send her full-time down south. Maybe, she could even go to Brisbane for part of the year to compete with the Legend of the Seas. Then we could get Legend back (they'll have 2 ships full time, where now they have 1 full and 1 seasonal), and restart Tampa. If something bigger is going to replace Miracle from Long Beach, then Miracle could do what Spirit used to do with the part-time San Diego part-time Alaska.

Carnival really messed up the markets moving 2/4 spirit class ships down there.

I agree...why send some of the best laid out ships away? I love them! They are the perfect size and everything!

What upsets me is how 3/4 of the Spirit class ships got all the good 2.0 upgrades and the Miracle didn't. Like what is the purpose of upgrading 3/4 of the Spirit class ships, and then not do anything to the Miracle?? You would think Carnival would want all their Spirit class ships to have the same features in order to attract various types of cruisers. I know out here on the West coast that if the Miracle would've gotten the new waterpark, guy's burgers, blue iguana, the Seaside theater, and all the other cool stuff that the Pride and Spirit recently got in their recent dry docks, it would've been a huge hit here on the West Coast. There wouldn't be a need to fly all the way to Florida to enjoy these features when we could have it here on our Miracle.

The Pride, Spirit and Legend look so stunning and amazing with all their new upgrades, I hope one day the Miracle could get the same.

Edited by Alexv500

2.0 doesn't matter to me much. In fact, I think adding the big TV to Pride was a horrible move. I hate those things!

Except for the first ship I was on that had Guy's, I've been disappointed in them and may never bother with one again. Charred is good; burnt is not and the past four I've tried (one 2 different ships) have been burnt.

I personally don't want all the ships to have the same features. As I've repeatedly stated, I don't sail for the ship anyway.

I like them to have their own personality and having the exact same venues located in exactly the same place on every ship is not a plus in my book.

I like a little variety even within the same ship class.

2.0 doesn't matter to me much. In fact, I think adding the big TV to Pride was a horrible move. I hate those things!

Except for the first ship I was on that had Guy's, I've been disappointed in them and may never bother with one again. Charred is good; burnt is not and the past four I've tried (one 2 different ships) have been burnt.

I personally don't want all the ships to have the same features. As I've repeatedly stated, I don't sail for the ship anyway.

I like them to have their own personality and having the exact same venues located in exactly the same place on every ship is not a plus in my book.

I like a little variety even within the same ship class.

Agree with having ships different and not cookie cutter shapes of each other. With that said the one must requested thing for the Miracle dry dock was Guys since we have nothing with it on the west coast. Fire the matter Guy is a California resident abd we couldn't get one put on a ship in his home state.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Agree with having ships different and not cookie cutter shapes of each other. With that said the one must requested thing for the Miracle dry dock was Guys since we have nothing with it on the west coast. Fire the matter Guy is a California resident abd we couldn't get one put on a ship in his home state.

Exactly! Guy's and the new waterworks that all the other Spirit class ships already have, would be very nice to have on the Miracle. I have heard so many complaints of how the current waterslide on the Miracle sucks!

Exactly! Guy's and the new waterworks that all the other Spirit class ships already have, would be very nice to have on the Miracle. I have heard so many complaints of how the current waterslide on the Miracle sucks!

It does suck. I rode it once and had to push myself down it.

I just noticed this morning that a 15 day Journeys cruise to Hawaii for Miracle on January 14, 2007 (ending up in Long Beach on day 16, January 29) has been scheduled. Earlier in this thread that was the speculated next step for Miracle with the follow up a Canal transit from LA to the East Coast (likely Tampa). Still hoping for that Canal crossing cruise on the Miracle in late January 2017. :)

Edited by joepeka

I just noticed this morning that a 15 day Journeys cruise to Hawaii for Miracle on January 14, 2007 (ending up in Long Beach on day 16, January 29) has been scheduled. Earlier in this thread that was the speculated next step for Miracle with the follow up a Canal transit from LA to the East Coast (likely Tampa). Still hoping for that Canal crossing cruise on the Miracle in late January 2017. :)

We have been hoping for a Panama Canal cruise on the Miracle for 2017.

My PVP told me last week that Miracle now has a schedule for January and February showing. I told her I was not giving hope that it was still going to happen, lol.

I just noticed I typed "2007" above, it obviously should have been 2017. Sorry...... :(

We have been hoping for a Panama Canal cruise on the Miracle for 2017.

My PVP told me last week that Miracle now has a schedule for January and February showing. I told her I was not giving hope that it was still going to happen, lol.

I probably should have looked closer, your PVP is correct: Miracle does have itin's scheduled to the first week of March 2017 - all Mexican Riveria with the exception of that Journeys cruise in January. Dang..... :mad:

I agree that it means it probably wont happen before then, It could very well happen after that.