Is Sapphire crowded now?

SugarStar00

Wondering if sapphire is getting crowded now because carnival offers an excursion to there? Want to make sure we get a chair and some shade if we decide to go.

Also what is the food and drink situation? Is there a bar now? When I was there a few years ago it was just a lady with a little stand and some beers in a cooler. How about food, anyone have a menu?

Thanks!

We never saw that many people from the ships 2 weeks ago while staying there,e ven on a 7-ship day.

www.sapphireinthesun.com

Banana Cabana (beach grill between condo bldgs B & C) serves a great mahi mahi sandwich for $14, burger and other sandwiches a little less as well as drinks. The dive center sells rum punches and US beers for $4 and imports for $5. THere's also a runner taking orders on the beach from the Sapphire Village up the hill behind the marina.

Off the Grid food truck at the entrance sells all you can eat BBQ and drinks, very popular to locals and visitors -

https://www.facebook.com/offthegridUSVI

Yup, it's a stop on one of their shopping/beach day excursions. I don't think they are there more than 2 hours but still there nonetheless

Wow, they always seem to find the most beautiful, peaceful place in a port and invade it. First Little French Key in Roatan, now here. Darnit. :(

We spent a week there in Jan and even on a 7 ship day never got crowded. Magens, Trunk, and Coki attract the bulk of the day visitors.

OOPS, - Guess I already said that :rolleyes:

Sapphire will attract some tours now that the amenities are available and it's in the pool of beach options. But I'd expect to find Coki, Magens, and Trunk busier on any given day.

For another amazingly gorgeous beach that is stunning ald also has room to spread out on consider Smith Bay Park (Lindqvist Beach) just a short ride from Sapphire. In the process of opening a new building and adding amenities, but right now it's still naturally beautiful with some picnic tables and lounges.

Sharon Sapphire rents lounges for $9, no umbrellas but lots of natural shade. Taxi to the East End beaches is $10 from Havensight (WICO), a little more from Crown.