Gem kiddie pool

gobo

It's basically the size of one of those plastic kiddie pools you can buy at Walmart, with maybe a foot of water in it. It won't be very exciting for any kids over 3 and babies can't use it, as they cannot wear swim diapers in the pool. So... It's pretty unappealing.

As a parent with a 18 month old. What do you with them? If they are not allowed in any pools due to no swim diapers? I just found this out the other day. I am super disappointed and also curious why swim diapers are not allowed in the pool...

I haven't cruised with kids that young but I've read suggestions of bringing a small inflatable pool to play in on deck. Not sure how this would be tolerated on a busy deck, though. Check out the Family Cruising forum under special interest cruising. There should be many people in your same circumstance.

As a parent with a 18 month old. What do you with them? If they are not allowed in any pools due to no swim diapers? I just found this out the other day. I am super disappointed and also curious why swim diapers are not allowed in the pool...

The pools on cruise ships are not set up like pools on land. If an accident happens, the pool needs to be drained. The filtration system is different.

The pools on cruise ships are not set up like pools on land. If an accident happens, the pool needs to be drained. The filtration system is different.

Thanks for the info. Guess Ill have to bring a tiny blowup pool for him to keep him busy and happy!

Thanks for the info. Guess Ill have to bring a tiny blowup pool for him to keep him busy and happy!

Look for "blow up tubs" rather than pools. The helmet from the beer helmet has been used as a splash toy for little ones as well.

It is not that the "filtration" system on ship's pools is different, it is that the ship's pools have to meet USPH requirements, while land pools only meet the local health code.