LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Reminds me of when they are selling those $20 watch and jewelry sets before Christmas. It gets very crazy. I see people with boxes stacked six high.

Those sets are there again today. One word. Pandemonium! [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, here is the update on lounger cushions straight from Michael Rasmussen - Hotel Director. They were thrown out during drydock and were supposed to have been replaced, but they have yet to receive the shipment. He did not know when they would arrive, but for those of you on the next cruise, you won't have them.

Interesting to note that when I mentioned CC, Michael made it clear that they " don't have time to read all that stuff" and the way he said it made me believe that they don't take it all that seriously, or see it as a forum for helpful feedback. That's too bad.

Robyn that really is too bad. Larger companies see the intenet and forums as a nuisance, yes there is some junk in here too but enough people with actual ideas that can make a difference without breaking the RC bank exist and put their ideas down for free! No need to start a focus group or hire a consultant. Start a thread on CC about something and you would get a wealth of info in a short period of time from a Global cross section which in the end is exactly what you want isn't it?

The Promenade is crazy busy today. It's windy so they moved the $10 tshirt sale inside and you'd think they are giving them away for free the way people are pushing and shoving [emoji15][emoji15]

Put people on a cruise ship and they act like they've never seen a 'bargain' before

Robyn that really is too bad. Larger companies see the intenet and forums as a nuisance, yes there is some junk in here too but enough people with actual ideas that can make a difference without breaking the RC bank exist and put their ideas down for free! No need to start a focus group or hire a consultant. Start a thread on CC about something and you would get a wealth of info in a short period of time from a Global cross section which in the end is exactly what you want isn't it?

I agree wholeheartedly and that's why Michael's apparent disinterest in CC threw me off a little. Don't get me wrong, he is very interested in feedback, he just doesn't put a whole lot of weight on what is discussed on CC...

I agree wholeheartedly and that's why Michael's apparent disinterest in CC threw me off a little. Don't get me wrong, he is very interested in feedback, he just doesn't put a whole lot of weight on what is discussed on CC...

RCI seems to care very little what anyone thinks lately, so the fact that he cares at all is refreshing. Too bad about the dismissive attitude of CC though. Other lines seem to see the value in monitoring CC... So that's RCI's loss.

Robyn....Thank you for all your pictures and reports of the ship. We will be on the 3/8 Sailing and have one of the new Balcony Cabins up on Deck 12. If you have an opportunity, can you take a picture of how they appear looking at the ship from the outside? Enjoy the rest of your cruise and I hope you come back to nicer weather than when you left Canada.

Enjoy, Carol & Chucki

Carol & Chucki, we're cruising together! Would you let us use your cabin on the cabin crawl? I can't remember if you signed up for it.

Cheryl

Robyn,

Do you recall what was on the menu in the MDR for dinner day 1? I believe we are going to do chops one night on our FOS cruise and am trying to plan a bit ahead to ensure we don't miss something we may want to eat in MDR.

I love cruise critic and everyone helps me on my cruises I take. Especially when it is a differnet ship or company. In July we will be going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise on Fos and all these boards have helped me plan my vacation because Royal Caribbean and Carnival ships are totally different, for example carnival has pool side dining and I read Royal does not. We can wear our swimsuits in the restaurants by the pool or throught out the ship other then the MDR and I read Royal you cannot. Is any of this true my experience Royal Caribbean cruisers?

Robyn,

Do you recall what was on the menu in the MDR for dinner day 1? I believe we are going to do chops one night on our FOS cruise and am trying to plan a bit ahead to ensure we don't miss something we may want to eat in MDR.

I'm sorry I don't. All I remember is that I had the crusted salmon and it was delicious. I'll see if I can find that menu for you in the CL.

Just saw your post about SC. I also live in Charleston. At least the sun is shining' date=' right?:D[/quote']

Yes! The sun is shining and even though I woke to 10 F in Columbia yesterday with the sun shining, it is now 57 F in Charleston with enough sun to see out on the back patio and dream of being on the ship!!!!!!

What part of Charleston do you live in?

Cheryl

I love cruise critic and everyone helps me on my cruises I take. Especially when it is a differnet ship or company. In July we will be going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise on Fos and all these boards have helped me plan my vacation because Royal Caribbean and Carnival ships are totally different, for example carnival has pool side dining and I read Royal does not. We can wear our swimsuits in the restaurants by the pool or throught out the ship other then the MDR and I read Royal you cannot. Is any of this true my experience Royal Caribbean cruisers?

It's true. Shoes and shirts are required in all dining venues onboard, including the windjammer casual dining. However, you can take a plate of food out to the pool and enjoy it in your bathing suit [emoji4] some RC ships have poolside BBQ on sea days and of course you will be able to enjoy that in your bathing suit too!

a8831186a36b450c076394a428386e70.jpg

It's all about the Crown & Anchor. The Navigator is parked next to us, zoomed in on the smokestack.

Hmmmm, I thought I heard it was "all about the base, not the treble but the base"!!!!!!!!

ca135a6ca4ee48e42221d907cbac4fcf.jpg

Lots of guests searching for last minute bargains in the logo shop

I think if there was one partiuclar Royal logo piece that I liked I've learned to get it when I see it and not wait for the final days pricing.

I need to read through the rest of your review- I love live posts! I am guessing I will have some questions for you- have you answered what the internet options and pricing is? I assume you did unlimited? Is that one device only? Or one log in at a time and multiple devices?

AND would you check by chance if they carry Tag Watches for sale onboard? And if you really want to go to crazy, I am looking specifically for the ladies 32 mm two tone Aquaracer. :o Hee hee. But even if knowing if they sell Tag is a step in the right direction. I like pretty things! Ha!

I am boarding her in a week so I will go and review all of your notes. I have honestly only read the title and the things on the last page. THANKS! :)

If you are on board for an Eastern Itinerary and you can't find your Tag on board, I can recommend a Jeweler in St. Thomas and St. Maarten who might have the one you are looking to buy. In St. Thomas it is James in Ballerina I Jewelers - across from AH Riise and in St. Maarten it is Victor at Shoppers Haven - 49 Front St. I have dealt with both of these men for over 20 years now and they are very reliable. Tell them Cheryl sent you.

Enjoy your cruise and get her ready for me as i'm on in two weeks!!!!

Cheryl

Cheryl,

Also if you happen to have Verizonwireless you can switch to their global plan during the cruise and still use data in places like Cozumel and Falmouth. I did that last month on Oasis and it ended up costing me about $20 extra for the month.

Bill, I do do have Verizon Wireless! Does that mean I can use my phone without having to buy the RCCL internet package? I'll be going to Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Thanks for the help, i'm totally clueless! :( :rolleyes:

Cheryl