LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Robyn: How close alike are the Freedom and the Independence? I know they are sister ships, but are they very much alike? Will be sailing the Independence on February 18, 2016. First time sailing with Royal Caribbean.

I know the layout of the ships are the same, but the names of some of the venues will be different, just as it is on the Liberty.

I am booked on the Indy for a b2b in November.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robyn, thanks for the great photos and reviews. Would love to have photos of the Compass from each day. Will be on FOS western in May and would like to see daily shows and times. Taking my granddaughter to celebrate her college graduation. This is her first Royal cruise. she was on a 3 day Disney when she was 15 so she is very excited about this trip.

Have a great sea day tomorrow, Sharon

I hadn't planned on scanning the compass each day so I didn't save them, sorry. I'm sure someone else doing the western itinerary will post them before you cruise.

You may get up to 24 knots like we did the last time we were on the Freedom Western route :eek:!

709_zpsc0bb26b1.jpg

Wow, it's almost midnight and we are motoring along. It's pretty windy and we are rocking and rolling again.....time for another great sleep at sea.....

Tomorrow's forecast is sunny skies and 75 degrees, not too shabby for our final day at sea [emoji1]

Wow, it's almost midnight and we are motoring along. It's pretty windy and we are rocking and rolling again.....time for another great sleep at sea.....

Tomorrow's forecast is sunny skies and 75 degrees, not too shabby for our final day at sea [emoji1]

Have a good night, Robyn! Enjoy your last day in the Caribbean! I'd give just about anything to be laying out in the warm sun tomorrow. I'll be at the office all weekend :(! Thanks again for bringing us along with you.

Must agree. Love the ships of Royal Caribbean, but Carnival's food is much better in our opinion. Better variety and taste. Especially appreciated this in terms of the vegetarian selections.

I have only been on Carnival twice, but both times, the food and selection were very good!

Regarding cushions on loungers: I would be totally annoyed, since we spend a LOT of time on the balcony.

I can understand if they decide to remove the cushions because they're too expensive to replace or too hard to clean. But if they remove cushions, then they should be replacing the loungers with the softer mesh ones or strap ones that don't need a cushion.

It's ridiculous to have those deep rattan ones with no cushion. I'd be paying a visit to the Hotel Director if I was you! :) Not to say it would ruin my vacation...but you're paying a premium for that suite!

Enjoying the review

Robyn,

Can you remind me whether or not there are tables and chairs for a group to gather near the pool bar or sky bar? Thanks again!

Yes, there are several tables and chairs in front of the pool bar on deck 11.

k

Wow, 24 knots is pretty good with only two azipods running!

Good morning, it is a perfect day at sea weather wise, but it is also the final day of my cruise. I have had an absolute blast reporting Live all week, and being able to answer your questions and provide photos on the spot. I am not sure what my plans are, but I am sure they include a deck chair and sun [emoji295]️ here is a picture of the beautiful weather today...2cd66cd0b4c040d69e50820b965cdfea.jpg

Wow did that go fast! Hope ours seems longer, lol. When you are having fun the tine always flies by. Thanks again!!!!!;)

It's funny, but we were just saying this cruise seemed to go so slowly! I guess it feels differently when you are on the ship. Either way it's been a great week and as we know, all good things must come to an end....[emoji4]

Robyn, THANK YOU for taking us along on your cruise!! Please enjoy your last day on the ship. And, please do another LIVE review on your next cruise!! Okay, you can even do your cont'd live review from your home...here is my morning cup of coffee.....here is the elevator I ride at work, etc....lol.

Thanks again!!!

Jackie

Regarding cushions on loungers: I would be totally annoyed, since we spend a LOT of time on the balcony.

I can understand if they decide to remove the cushions because they're too expensive to replace or too hard to clean. But if they remove cushions, then they should be replacing the loungers with the softer mesh ones or strap ones that don't need a cushion.

It's ridiculous to have those deep rattan ones with no cushion. I'd be paying a visit to the Hotel Director if I was you! :) Not to say it would ruin my vacation...but you're paying a premium for that suite!

Enjoying the review

I doubt that most people would use a lounger without putting a towel on it. How hard can it be to keep them clean? They manage to do it up in the solarium. I find this situation ridiculous.

Okay, here is the update on lounger cushions straight from Michael Rasmussen - Hotel Director. They were thrown out during drydock and were supposed to have been replaced, but they have yet to receive the shipment. He did not know when they would arrive, but for those of you on the next cruise, you won't have them.

Interesting to note that when I mentioned CC, Michael made it clear that they " don't have time to read all that stuff" and the way he said it made me believe that they don't take it all that seriously, or see it as a forum for helpful feedback. That's too bad.

The Promenade is crazy busy today. It's windy so they moved the $10 tshirt sale inside and you'd think they are giving them away for free the way people are pushing and shoving [emoji15][emoji15]

Okay, here is the update on lounger cushions straight from Michael Rasmussen - Hotel Director. They were thrown out during drydock and were supposed to have been replaced, but they have yet to receive the shipment. He did not know when they would arrive, but for those of you on the next cruise, you won't have them.

Interesting to note that when I mentioned CC, Michael made it clear that they " don't have time to read all that stuff" and the way he said it made me believe that they don't take it all that seriously, or see it as a forum for helpful feedback. That's too bad.

Glad to hear they are at least coming.

Sad that RCI does not pay more attention to CC. Princess has staff that constantly monitor and respond to posts on their board.

The Promenade is crazy busy today. It's windy so they moved the $10 tshirt sale inside and you'd think they are giving them away for free the way people are pushing and shoving [emoji15][emoji15]

Reminds me of when they are selling those $20 watch and jewelry sets before Christmas. It gets very crazy. I see people with boxes stacked six high.