Price drop question

flames9

We booked via a TA, and our Aqua cabin price went down! So I contacted her, and told her about the price drop. She said she contacted Celebrity, and they confirmed the A2 cabin price went down and yes we could get that price..BUT we would lose the 1.2.3 Go promotion. Is that true? I have heard others were able to get the price drop and keep the promotion? It is for an August British Isles cruise. TY Scott

I saw your posts on the 8/22 Baltic Cruise. After I saw someone post today on that roll call about the price drop, I called my travel agent and she contacted Celebrity. They gave us the price drop and we still have the drink package, paid gratuities and on board credit. Not sure why you are being told that the 1,2,3 will not work with the price drop. Maybe it is because it is because it is a different cruise?

I saw your posts on the 8/22 Baltic Cruise. After I saw someone post today on that roll call about the price drop, I called my travel agent and she contacted Celebrity. They gave us the price drop and we still have the drink package, paid gratuities and on board credit. Not sure why you are being told that the 1,2,3 will not work with the price drop. Maybe it is because it is because it is a different cruise?

No longer on the baltic cruise, now on the British Isles Cruise! I just have a feeling its all depends on who my TA chats with! I would just like some more fodder..I can say..10 people on CC got the price drop and kept the 1.2.3 promotion! TY

We booked via a TA, and our Aqua cabin price went down! So I contacted her, and told her about the price drop. She said she contacted Celebrity, and they confirmed the A2 cabin price went down and yes we could get that price..BUT we would lose the 1.2.3 Go promotion. Is that true? I have heard others were able to get the price drop and keep the promotion? It is for an August British Isles cruise. TY Scott

As long as the 123 Go promotion and it is regular pricing you should be able to keep it. I have. If it is a resident, senior, or military then your TA is correct.

As long as the 123 Go promotion and it is regular pricing you should be able to keep it. I have. If it is a resident, senior, or military then your TA is correct.

Yes, we just booked with our TA..no special rate...I checked many other cruise sites...so I feel we got a good deal....I will email her again!! TY

My TA called again.....the rep said nope...I had posted on the main Celebrity forum and other stated they got the lower price and the promotions..Ta had to speak to a supervisor, but they gave us the lower price, as the 1.2.3 promotion was still on! More $$ in our pockets to pay for air fare,lol

From my experience after 6 cruises on Celebrity, I've found that its almost entirely up to the agent that you talk to. One may let you keep your perks and give an OBC for the difference. One may change the price and keep the promotion, others say the promotion is no longer valid. I love celebrity for the ships and service but customer service and sales are a bit inconsistent. Being persistent sometimes pays off if you talk to the right agent though.

At first I had another thought - possibly a TA group rate? But then I thought as long as the cabin is in the group, that wouldn't change the perks. But I have run into online agencies playing pricing/perk games.

Kip

Edited by kalypso333

This is the 3rd cruise I have used this TA and she is very honest...I do my research and her prices are right near the top---minus the group bookings one! I can trust her and she is gives great customer support, and thats worth something......but like others stated--it all depends on the Celebrity agent u get.....and took going to a supervisor to get it.....

This is the 3rd cruise I have used this TA and she is very honest...I do my research and her prices are right near the top---minus the group bookings one! I can trust her and she is gives great customer support, and thats worth something......but like others stated--it all depends on the Celebrity agent u get.....and took going to a supervisor to get it.....

Some thoughts. I find pricing baffling. I've had online agencies withhold perks. I' ve seen agencies give expected pricing plus OBC. I've seen discounted pricing with OBC. I don't think I understand the dynamics of it all. I'm not sure anyone does but the corps.When I get the invoice the fare is low and the taxes/fees high - just don't get it. If anyone can explain...please do.

Even if you go online to price with Celebrity, there may be different pricing depending on the benefits. One has to evaluate each offer and your needs. Talking to a Celebrity agent can sometimes confuse the matter even more. My TA can usually offer a better deal on perks and sometimes group pricing. I just try to look at the whole deal for a desired cruise and see if it is in line with similar itineraries----still mind boggling!!!