Indy insider tips

cdscooby1

We are sailing on the Indy for the first time for spring break and was wondering if anyone has any tips for us. We will be in a Grand Suite so I know we have the concierge lounge. Would love to know where the best spot for sailaway is. Thanks in advance.

We are sailing on the Indy for the first time for spring break and was wondering if anyone has any tips for us. We will be in a Grand Suite so I know we have the concierge lounge. Would love to know where the best spot for sailaway is. Thanks in advance.

just spent 2 weeks on Indy. I liked the helipad for sail away. Wasn't too crowded.

anything else specific you'd like to know?

Yes of course I would love to know everything you have to offer on this ship. How is the food/spa/drinks/cruise director? Are there chairs on sea days? Most of all why do they not have the Roast beef sandwiches on the rolls on this ship. They are one of my favorites of RCCL.:D

Yes of course I would love to know everything you have to offer on this ship. How is the food/spa/drinks/cruise director? Are there chairs on sea days? Most of all why do they not have the Roast beef sandwiches on the rolls on this ship. They are one of my favorites of RCCL.:D

Food is very subjective. I personally did not care for the main dining room (in all fairness, I feel that way with every ship. I guess I'm just bored of the menu) . Was just okay for me. Food in the Windjammer was better in my opinion. Ate at Chops and Giovanni's Table. Allot. I'm a specialty Restaurant Fanatic.

Don't do Spas.

Drinks were great the best bar in my opinion was Olive or twist. if Matica is on board when you cruise. She is your best friend.

I did not like this cruise director on board. Jamie something. forgot his last name.

They did not have the Roast beef sandwiches we're use to however they do have a sandwich called "The Jive"?? really really good. Give that a try.

From the CD thread:

Independence OTS - Jamie Fentiman started November 10 through February 22, then Ricky Matthews February 22 through April 11, then Leigh Xuereb begins on April 11 for 4 months. Leigh is the new permanent CD on Indy!

I liked Jamie but I can see he might be a bit much for some people.

If Raj is the concierge, he will take great care of you. We got lucky to get access by having the Ben & Jerry's Sweet and Raj made our entire trip. Make it a point to stop by and say hi at least once a day.

Sea days - not a chair in sight on the pool deck, maybe some on the upper decks. On the plus side, the pool attendants were fairly quick to come around and check for abandoned seats and clean stuff away. They would walk around once and fold towels that looked like nobody was near, then 10 -15 minutes later if the newly folded towel hadn't moved, they picked up the stuff and left the chair empty for the next person.

For sailaway the Helipad is nice and fairly quiet but if you want to hear the horn blast, you probably want to be on 12 forward.

From the CD thread:

Independence OTS - Jamie Fentiman started November 10 through February 22, then Ricky Matthews February 22 through April 11, then Leigh Xuereb begins on April 11 for 4 months. Leigh is the new permanent CD on Indy!

I liked Jamie but I can see he might be a bit much for some people.

If Raj is the concierge, he will take great care of you. We got lucky to get access by having the Ben & Jerry's Sweet and Raj made our entire trip. Make it a point to stop by and say hi at least once a day.

Sea days - not a chair in sight on the pool deck, maybe some on the upper decks. On the plus side, the pool attendants were fairly quick to come around and check for abandoned seats and clean stuff away. They would walk around once and fold towels that looked like nobody was near, then 10 -15 minutes later if the newly folded towel hadn't moved, they picked up the stuff and left the chair empty for the next person.

For sailaway the Helipad is nice and fairly quiet but if you want to hear the horn blast, you probably want to be on 12 forward.

Can anyone go onto the Helipad? If so, is it hard to find how to get there?

Can anyone go onto the Helipad? If so, is it hard to find how to get there?

The helipad is open to the public, as long as conditions are deemed safe. Just go out in deck 4, head forward, up stairs, and more forward.

Raj is a gem! If you have any questions or concerns, ask Raj. There is a roast beef sandwich every day in the Promenade Cafe. It is called King Aurther I believe. The "Jive" mentioned above is the turkey sandwich.

Edited by 39august

Best advice I can give is if you drink make friends with Vivian and Jorge at the pool bar. They are great. We tipped them even though we had the drink package, they brought us drinks and had one ready as we were walking up to the bar when it was crowded. We have never had more fun with any other RCCL staff. Suite guests get reserved chairs on the steps to the sides of the pool bar, we never had an issue but be prepared for the dirty looks from the people that automatically assume that because you are in a suite you think you are better than them(actually had one drunk jerk ask me that). Raj was a great concierge. Anything you need he will get. Jamie the CD was a bit much for me also. I love the cabanas in Labadee if you are going there, I think its worth the price. I think the best place for sail away is on your balcony, never a crowd. Just my humble opinion.

Edited by njm5378
typo

On IOS last week and the cruise director was Gordon. He just arrived from Radiance because he kept messing up the announcements. Entertainment was great. The staff went out of its way to smile and greet you. Great trip. Six day itinerary.

Had Any Time dining made reservation for our group of 10 every night at 6 no problem.

They did not have the Roast beef sandwiches we're use to however they do have a sandwich called "The Jive"?? really really good. Give that a try.

The Roast Beef sandwiches were at Sorrento's, but not every day.

Does Independence have the Chef's Table? We are going this summer and were thinking of booking it.

Did not. Sorry

Nikola at the Plaza bar was also very responsive and quick to remember DW's drink choices.

Raj was our Concierge, he didn't reach out to us by e-mail until the week of the trip but I think part of that was he and Butcher were in the process of swapping CL and DL duties. Took great care of us.

Enjoy your trip. We had a good enough time but to me Indy was basically a Voyager class with more "space" but about the same amount of "Stuff", although CL on same deck as most suites made trips back to the room a little less hazardous. :o Don't ask.

Edited by MichaelCMTX