Regal Sanctuary

lindy sails

I've read to reserve the Sanctuary you can now call when you board the ship then go to the Sanctuary to select your chair? I thought you needed to go directly to the Sanctuary to reserve a space upon boarding. Can someone who has recently been on the Regal and reserved the Sanctuary please respond.

I know on the Royal to make a daily reservation you had to make a phone call. Absolutely no reservations were taken at the Sanctuary itself.

I do not know on the Royal if the same was true on embarkation day for booking for the full cruise.

I know on the Royal to make a daily reservation you had to make a phone call. Absolutely no reservations were taken at the Sanctuary itself.

I do not know on the Royal if the same was true on embarkation day for booking for the full cruise.

That 's what I read as well and thought the Regal would be the same as the Royal.

I've read to reserve the Sanctuary you can now call when you board the ship then go to the Sanctuary to select your chair? I thought you needed to go directly to the Sanctuary to reserve a space upon boarding. Can someone who has recently been on the Regal and reserved the Sanctuary please respond.

While I haven't been on the Regal, have sailed on other Princess ships. As soon as you board, make a "bee line" to the Sanctuary. A hostess(es) will either be at the entrance, or come in a few minutes. We like to be the first and typically pick out a location that we want for the whole week. We like shade, and with the help of the hostess, find the best spot.

Enjoy your cruise

Edited by Cruise a holic

We were on the Regal last July. We were wandering the ship on embarkation day filling out the little stamp card for the drawing and one of the places was the sanctuary. There was only a handful of people milling about in the tiny entryway where the host desk is so on a whim we asked about reserving a spot. Ended up booking a sanctuary cabana for a couple days and the retreat pool cabana for one afternoon when the sanctuary ones were fully booked. I'd definitely visit the desk first. They have a whole spreadsheet for each date and time block and will be happy to work with you to reserve a chair.

We were on the Regal last July. We were wandering the ship on embarkation day filling out the little stamp card for the drawing and one of the places was the sanctuary. There was only a handful of people milling about in the tiny entryway where the host desk is so on a whim we asked about reserving a spot. Ended up booking a sanctuary cabana for a couple days and the retreat pool cabana for one afternoon when the sanctuary ones were fully booked. I'd definitely visit the desk first. They have a whole spreadsheet for each date and time block and will be happy to work with you to reserve a chair.

Thanks for sharing'

It would be good to hear from someone who has been on the Regal recently to be sure the procedure is still the same.

This was my experience. I boarded shortly after noon. I headed to my cabin, but the doors leading from the elevator lobby were closed and a sign said cabins will be available after 1PM. I knew I wanted to do the Sanctuary on one of the Sea Days heading back to FLL. I went directly TO THE SANCTUARY, where there was a line up of perhaps 10-12, It was about 12:25PM when I arrived. The Sanctuary manager was taking 2 couples at a time inside to locate and reserve chairs. At one point she announced to the line that it was "filling up" on Sea Days. About 1:15PM it was my turn. She said there was 1 chair left for the Friday Sea Day (what I wanted). Perfect. phew .....

I did get the last available chair for my preferred day. I understand that there were quite a few B2B Pax who signed up in the morning.

I can not imagine they could take phone calls to reserve, just my observation.

I DID enjoy my day in the Sanctuary on Friday, although it was quite windy. It would have been really nice without that wind.. The attendants were wonderful and I really enjoyed our afternoon tea break in the afternoon.

This was my experience. I boarded shortly after noon. I headed to my cabin, but the doors leading from the elevator lobby were closed and a sign said cabins will be available after 1PM. I knew I wanted to do the Sanctuary on one of the Sea Days heading back to FLL. I went directly TO THE SANCTUARY, where there was a line up of perhaps 10-12, It was about 12:25PM when I arrived. The Sanctuary manager was taking 2 couples at a time inside to locate and reserve chairs. At one point she announced to the line that it was "filling up" on Sea Days. About 1:15PM it was my turn. She said there was 1 chair left for the Friday Sea Day (what I wanted). Perfect. phew .....

I did get the last available chair for my preferred day. I understand that there were quite a few B2B Pax who signed up in the morning.

I can not imagine they could take phone calls to reserve, just my observation.

I DID enjoy my day in the Sanctuary on Friday, although it was quite windy. It would have been really nice without that wind.. The attendants were wonderful and I really enjoyed our afternoon tea break in the afternoon.

Thank you

I was on the Royal two weeks ago. I love the Sanctuary, so I headed right up there. There was some confusion. Some had dialed #138 and reserved. Others just went up there to book directly. Marko, the steward captain, would take the couples who called first. I could have booked for the 10 days, but I am glad I did not. It was very windy up there and I was not feeling great. If you wanted to book for the day, you had to call 24 hours in advance.

With that said, I did book one day and it was wonderful. I also chatted with Marko, and he said if I wanted to come back, even if they were full, he would try to squeeze me in ( I am pretty small ;)). I like the Sanctuary, but with the winds, I could not have used it to my full advantage.

I was on the Royal two weeks ago. I love the Sanctuary, so I headed right up there. There was some confusion. Some had dialed #138 and reserved. Others just went up there to book directly. Marko, the steward captain, would take the couples who called first. I could have booked for the 10 days, but I am glad I did not. It was very windy up there and I was not feeling great. If you wanted to book for the day, you had to call 24 hours in advance.

With that said, I did book one day and it was wonderful. I also chatted with Marko, and he said if I wanted to come back, even if they were full, he would try to squeeze me in ( I am pretty small ;)). I like the Sanctuary, but with the winds, I could not have used it to my full advantage.

Good to know! Thank you.