Biodegradeable Sunscreen

manders175

So I was talking to a few friends who have cruised before (this is my first cruise). We are planning on doing the Dolphin Swim in Cozumel and they said they were told if you have other sunscreen on besides the biodegradeable kind on they will make you shower before hand?

Is this true? and if so, do they sell this is stores? Thanks!

A lot of the chemicals in standard sunscreens are pretty hard on the reef system.

We are going to be in the Western Caribbean in a bit over a week and purchased some biodegradable sunscreen on Amazon. I have not used it yet, so can't offer any input aside from the fact it had really good reviews. Locally, I was not able to find any in stores - of course it is the middle of winter here too!

I suspect you could find it in the various ports of call where they suggest/require it.

With that said, I am not sure how they would have any idea what sunscreen you have on - if you had already applied it before showing up for your excursion.

Dan.