Different family members boarding at different times

sallymomo

Hello Everyone,

We are booked for Carnival Magic in April. We are a big group. 3 families of 4 each. So we are 12 people altogether. 2 of families are first time cruisers. When we booked, we got the Discounted rate since everyone in my family were past cruisers. So our PVP suggested we book 3 rooms (one in DH name, one in mine and one in DS name) and to change the guests once we were on board. This way all rooms would receive our discounted rate.

So my question is that if my family reaches the port early and check ourselves in...will the others be able to do the same thing if they reach late or do we have to wait till everyone is there and then try to check in all at the same time. Since all 3 reservations are under my last name, does this mean we can't get on till they get there? From past experience, we try to be at the port early and try to get on early...but with the others, they may take their sweet old time getting to the port around 2-3 and I would hate to waste half my day waiting for them.

Thanks

Edited by sallymomo

First time cruisers have no idea what time to show up.

Please at least tell them before 2pm. (to give a leeway in case something comes up) showing up after 3 they may be denied boarding- depending on what time the ship sails.

but like the above poster stated-- print individual boarding passes and you ALL will be good to go

Your last name shouldn't matter as long as as there are 4 names on each of the 3 rooms. When you go to your cruise manager select the choice that says print individual boarding passes. There will be 12 boarding passes instead of 3. Give the proper boarding pass to each member of your group. They can then check in as they get to the port. Sometimes when I share a cabin with a friend we get there at different time. Once you are all on board you can go to guest services and get new keys to the proper cabin and make sure everyone is on the correct sail and sign account.

Everyone in the same rooms at least should try and check in together, but no the whole group doesn't HAVE to check in at the same time. You can print out individual boarding passes. That said, I would come up with a meeting time and go ahead and board together. I wouldn't rush to get there early either. Everyone does that nowadays and the lines can be very long unless you purchase FTTF for each cabin.

See thats the problem...couple of people in my husbands room are from another family. We are gonna get it all fixed once we board but in the meanwhile, I wanted to have the option of boarding by ourselves and letting them get on later if they showed up late.

We will tell them to all be there at a certain time...but just knowing them, something or other always delays them :rolleyes: I just don't want to be sitting at the port and waiting two hours for them.

See thats the problem...couple of people in my husbands room are from another family. We are gonna get it all fixed once we board but in the meanwhile, I wanted to have the option of boarding by ourselves and letting them get on later if they showed up late.

We will tell them to all be there at a certain time...but just knowing them, something or other always delays them :rolleyes: I just don't want to be sitting at the port and waiting two hours for them.

So,, just tell them to be there at 10:30, and expect them by noon...EM