Speciality Dining Packages

Tulip Hill

I have been trying to purchase a 5 night dining package for the Constellation. Several times it was shown for my cruise at 129.00, every time I tried to buy it on line the price jumped to 149.00

Yesterday I called and explained my problem, agent said no problem, it's 129.00 BUT the system is down so you have to call back. Called back 3 hours later, different agent, yes 129.00 for the 5 nights, BUT call back cause system is down.

Called this AM - no one knows anything about a 129.00........................

FRUSTRATING!!!!! :mad:

thanks for listening, I feel a bit better now.........;)

Edited by Tulip Hill

I have been trying to purchase a 5 night dining package for the Constellation. Several times it was shown for my cruise at 129.00, every time I tried to buy it on line the price jumped to 149.00

Yesterday I called and explained my problem, agent said no problem, it's 129.00 BUT the system is down so you have to call back. Called back 3 hours later, different agent, yes 129.00 for the 5 nights, BUT call back cause system is down.

Ours stated £94 but when booking ended up £101. When I phoned they said it was the exchange rate, go figure. For the difference I just booked it anyway, bigger scheme of things and all that.

On my Nov 2015 Constellation cruise (9 day) itinerary, a 5-dinner package is going for $149. Looks like the prices have officially gone up.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

On my Nov 2015 Constellation cruise (9 day) itinerary, a 5-dinner package is going for $149. Looks like the prices have officially gone up.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

At least you can purchase one . For our September Reflection cruise the dining packages are not available to book.

Edited by hammo
spelling

At least you can purchase one . For our September Reflection cruise the dining packages are not available to book.

hammo -

A number of dining packages are held for sale at the time of embarkation. Look for a specialty dining representative in the embarkation hall or once on the ship. Make a priority to visit them quickly so you can see if any dining packages are still available. Enjoy your cruise!

Try it again. My 2016 cruise is now showing them available. I think they shut them down so they could raise the price :( buying a package now for a Canadian is not a savings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruise Junky

hammo -

A number of dining packages are held for sale at the time of embarkation. Look for a specialty dining representative in the embarkation hall or once on the ship. Make a priority to visit them quickly so you can see if any dining packages are still available. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks Vulcan - good advice. I guess with the price increase the discount now is a little less. With our dollar now languishing around .77cUS , any discount is a plus !

Thanks Vulcan - good advice. I guess with the price increase the discount now is a little less. With our dollar now languishing around .77cUS , any discount is a plus !

hammo -

The post preceeding this one from Cruise Junky makes a good point. I was reading that others were having trouble booking online and now the new/higher prices appear to be in place.

I have also read one or two comments that I have not heard as confirmed that even packages are selling at a "higher price" on the ship than if you buy them before you board.

In addition, it sounds like you have a currency conversion issue to deal with as well. Best of luck what ever you decide works for you. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi,

Just had a long call with an agent from the "enhancement desk" who knew all about the 129.00 offer. she said it was a glitch that comes and goes. She said lots of people were calling and Celebrity was so sorry for the inconv. Being as the glitch is currently gone, the price is 149.00 BUT she said keep trying and if you see the lesser price, call right away and maybe you'll get it. easy peasy.......... :eek:

Good job Celebrity IT Team. You guys ROCK. :p

Anyway won't stop me from buying one and enjoying 5 lovely evenings, but again FRUSTRATING!!!

D

Try it again. My 2016 cruise is now showing them available. I think they shut them down so they could raise the price :( buying a package now for a Canadian is not a savings.

Sadly , still not available for Reflection September 11. I figure we will try onboard as Vulcan suggests , or if that proves to be a marginal saving , just see if we are offered a discount on a nightly basis for our table of 6 . The MDR is looking pretty good at the moment.:cool:

Hammo. We're in the same boat do to speak with the currency exchange. Celebrity now wants $140 for the 3 night and $190 for the 5 night. (CDN). They are using current exchange rates :(. Check the price under gifts for sending OBC for a specialty restaurant. Same price as you'd get with the 3 night package but no restriction on which night or restaurant.

Sadly , still not available for Reflection September 11. I figure we will try onboard as Vulcan suggests , or if that proves to be a marginal saving , just see if we are offered a discount on a nightly basis for our table of 6 . The MDR is looking pretty good at the moment.:cool:

Lol. Just had a guy in my office who's booked on that cruise. Enjoy!!

Thanks for the tip CruiseJunky , I will look there .

We will now probably just book Murano & Qsine - still no value really with our depreciated currencies . Glad we booked the 5 night package on Solstice in March - that was $129 AU , --- they were the days!!