Contact Bar Manager pre-cruise?

Luvmyrotti

I know that this is a really silly thing, but, here goes. On my very first Princess cruise, I fell in love with a drink at Crooners called a Cosmopolitini. It is similar to a regular cosmo, except it is made with Absolut Kurant instead of a citrus vodka. On my last cruise in September, I discovered that, at least on the Caribbean Princess, they were no longer making it as they were no longer stocking Absolut Kurant. I know it sounds silly, but this drink is only something I drink on a cruise, so it's really sort of special to me.

I'll be sailing on the Emerald in 7 weeks. Does anyone know if I can contact the on-board bar manager ahead of time to see if they will be stocking the Kurant and if not, make a special request that they do?

I know that this is a really silly thing, but, here goes. On my very first Princess cruise, I fell in love with a drink at Crooners called a Cosmopolitini. It is similar to a regular cosmo, except it is made with Absolut Kurant instead of a citrus vodka. On my last cruise in September, I discovered that, at least on the Caribbean Princess, they were no longer making it as they were no longer stocking Absolut Kurant. I know it sounds silly, but this drink is only something I drink on a cruise, so it's really sort of special to me.

I'll be sailing on the Emerald in 7 weeks. Does anyone know if I can contact the on-board bar manager ahead of time to see if they will be stocking the Kurant and if not, make a special request that they do?

It would be the F&B (food and beverage) manager.

I would send an email to customer relations @ Princess cruises .com

It would be the F&B (food and beverage) manager.

I would send an email to customer relations @ Princess cruises .com

Do you think that customer relations will really be able to help me with what I'm looking for on the ship? Seems like it's rather removed from the day to day running of the ship.

Do you think that customer relations will really be able to help me with what I'm looking for on the ship? Seems like it's rather removed from the day to day running of the ship.

I thnk it is unlikely that you will be able to contact the F&B manager before the cruise.

I am sure that stocks like the bar stock are made fleet wide and cover items that they can get deals on. Combines go through a lot to get "customers" like hotels, bars and cruise lines to stock their products. Usually, when they make a sale it is on the basis of some contract for a fixed term.

The idea of one ship having a bottle of any particular brand that is not a part of fleet stock is pretty remote. I suppose if their is one bottle remaining they will use it, but inventory is pretty well controlled and it is not likely that you will find it if it is no longer being carried.

Sorry.

I'm sure you won't notice the difference in vodka in a mixed drink...order ANY vodka...really! Drink the 1st one really fast...and you won't even notice if it's VODKA in the next one!

The Kurant is a very specific flavored vodka and is quite distinct. I've had many a Cosmo in my time, with a variety of vodkas, both flavored and not, and would know Absolut Kurant without question.

We were on the Crown earlier this month. Crooners may be different but the standard vodka list in the drink menu listed five Absolut varieties and Absolut Kurant was not one of them. Edited by IECalCruiser

The Kurant is a very specific flavored vodka and is quite distinct. I've had many a Cosmo in my time, with a variety of vodkas, both flavored and not, and would know Absolut Kurant without question.

I agree with you - this was also my favourite 'tini. They still make a Cosmopolitini only with Absolut Citron. Not the same at all. I asked one of the bartenders once and he said it was an issue with getting an adequate supply of Absolut Kurant.