A2 or A1..where is a quiet cabin on M class??

Barwick Cruiser

I am looking at booking a Summit cruise out of SJ and the 123 for Aqua, with Blu for dining is looking good, however I usually book mid-ship with cabins above so I don't hear all the pool deck or fitness centre noises through the day or night. I can't seem to find a spreadsheet for M class like the S class one which would be very helpful. Can anyone recommend an area that would suit us that's quiet? Also, as CC members would we qualify for the 1 category upgrade in Aqua ie book A1 get A2 price?

Thanks for any help or advice!

Cathy

A1, deck 11. Very quiet and private although the aft facing cabins are less so.

As for the upgrades here are the official rules:

"One-category upgrade requests must be made at the time of booking and apply only for upgrades within the supercategory, depending on availability. Example of a supercategory upgrade in AquaClass: A2 to A1. Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W."

On Connie last month, we re-located to 9052 from a midships AQ stateroom right under the stage/dance area of the pool deck which was an intolerable location ...9052 was not as centrally located but much quieter.....

During sailaway, we had a nice time at aft bar, then tried to do the Sailaway Party on pool deck....way too loud. Surprise on us....our original cabin was right under the noise, The cabin literally vibrated from the bass and other loud DJ noise, followed by Zumba,,,we were almost unpacked but were lucky to be able to move away first night.,....much happier and we had a great cruise,

would only rec the midships under pool deck for folks who plan to be up there partying...including the evening events held out there...

hope you find a quiet one..,.

Edited by hcat

I also usually prefer mid-ship for motion reasons, but we booked a Deck 11 AQ room and I loved it so much we booked that location for our next two cruises. It is so nice and quiet in that area, and it is very convenient to Blu, the buffet, and the back elevators. Also, the rooms were added during Solsticizing so they are newer than other rooms on the ship. Overall I highly recommend them. Our only issue was that for whatever reason the rooms air conditioning was a little dicey. It was a little too hot during the day but cold at night. Overall not enough to cause us not to book them again, but fair warning if you are very picky about that. We also thoroughly enjoyed Blu on Summit - very nice, comfortable seating (not real cramped like S class), good food and outstanding service.

Edited by phoenix_dream

Stayed in a mid-ship AQ on deck 9 on the Connie................music from pool deck was so loud we had to close the doors in the afternoon. (right at nap time , or at least lay down and read time. point being no nice quiet afternoon listening the to wind and waves :() The pool chairs scooting starts about 4 am with deck cleaning then continues as folks drag chairs around all day. I suggest deck 11 or go with veranda and buy a dining package. ;)

my two cents......................:)

Edited by Tulip Hill

I am looking at booking a Summit cruise out of SJ and the 123 for Aqua, with Blu for dining is looking good, however I usually book mid-ship with cabins above so I don't hear all the pool deck or fitness centre noises through the day or night. I can't seem to find a spreadsheet for M class like the S class one which would be very helpful. Can anyone recommend an area that would suit us that's quiet? Also, as CC members would we qualify for the 1 category upgrade in Aqua ie book A1 get A2 price?

Thanks for any help or advice!

Cathy

We were on the summit in 9127 and I would not book in that area as we were underneath the galley prep area and was noisy every morning. Our friends were on the starboard side same area (9106 or 9108) and had the noise as well. This was my only complaint. Blu was fabulous both the food and the service.

Edited by SnorkelBoy

I also usually prefer mid-ship for motion reasons, but we booked a Deck 11 AQ room and I loved it so much we booked that location for our next two cruises..

Ditto! We had 1132 on our last Commie cruise. Loved the location! Booked again on Deck 11 - AQ2 for 2 future cruises.

We've been on both decks 9 and 11 on all of the M class ships. Aft of 9108 is under the carpeted portion of the Lido and we've never heard a thing in this location. Now that smoking has been eliminated on the port side of the Sunset Bar (deck 10) it is much quieter especially in the mid evening (9-11 pm.) On most nights on our last Infinity cruise the bar was even closed by 10 - 10:30. Unless you go to bed before 9 even the afts on 11 are just what you want.

We've been on both decks 9 and 11 on all of the M class ships. Aft of 9108 is under the carpeted portion of the Lido and we've never heard a thing in this location. Now that smoking has been eliminated on the port side of the Sunset Bar (deck 10) it is much quieter especially in the mid evening (9-11 pm.) On most nights on our last Infinity cruise the bar was even closed by 10 - 10:30. Unless you go to bed before 9 even the afts on 11 are just what you want.

Thanks for the info...that's news to me about the smoking being eliminated on the port side on Sunset...is that a recent change? Would be great because we tend to stick to Starboard cabins to avoid any drifting smoke. With the 1 level upgrade sounds like we'll look for a A1 on 11!! Do you know if the aft cabins have the soot problems that are discussed on the S class sticky? They seem to sell out very quickly so I've been checking out the starboard or port side A1's instead but a wake view from the balcony would be really nice!!

Cathy

Sorry to report, but as of our cruise on Summit end of last year (11/29 sailing) there was smoking allowed on the port side aft bar. I understand from reading other posts that some ships have eliminated it, but as of then Summit had not

Thanks, Phoenix, we'll stick to Starboard:)

Cathy