One Or Two Cabins/Staterooms

penelopemarch

Hello. In case you can't tell I'm brand new to cruising and this forum-any forum really! Any help you all can offer would be appreciated. I'm trying to book the Norwegian Sun for myself, husband and two daughters ages 15 and 23. Should we get a balcony room and two "free" beverage packages or get two ocean view rooms? I think the price would be the same and we would receive another bev. package for our adult daughter. I guess my major question is: Can four people really share a cabin for 7 days in comfort? It the couch/futon comfortable or will it be 7 days of complaining? Should we just give up on the balcony and get two rooms? I love the idea of a balcony but would we really use it? Thanks again.

Hello. In case you can't tell I'm brand new to cruising and this forum-any forum really! Any help you all can offer would be appreciated. I'm trying to book the Norwegian Sun for myself, husband and two daughters ages 15 and 23. Should we get a balcony room and two "free" beverage packages or get two ocean view rooms? I think the price would be the same and we would receive another bev. package for our adult daughter. I guess my major question is: Can four people really share a cabin for 7 days in comfort? It the couch/futon comfortable or will it be 7 days of complaining? Should we just give up on the balcony and get two rooms? I love the idea of a balcony but would we really use it? Thanks again.

Either 2 cabins OR if there is a two bedroom family suite on the Sun then get that, which gives you all of the suite benefits, two bathrooms, and two bedrooms. With the current package deal that is the way to go. (the second bedroom is a little small, but there is a full living room so except for sleeping it is not used much anyway.

The last time all four of us sailed together we had the two bedroom suite and it worked great and we have a son and a daughter and the younger of them was 24 at the time. No problem with them sharing a bedroom, and since you are in a separate bedroom they can come in as late as they want and not bother you.

Edited by zqvol

2 rooms. You technically CAN do 1, but it will be terrible. If the price is the same for the two options the beverage package is worth over $400 so it will be a good deal. You will also have two bathrooms which will make getting ready a LOT easier especially with 3 women. I would gladly trade a balcony for double space and more free liquor.

6&8

Unfortunately, the Sun doesn't have the 2-bedroom family suites, so that's not an option for you. Their penthouses are about twice the size of the normal balcony cabin but again you have four people sharing one bathroom. As others have suggested, you can book a balcony and an inside, and your girls can just walk across the passageway to hang out on your balcony. There might be a few balcony cabin adjacent to an ocean view, or you can get two balconies with an adjoining door. Your best bet is talk to a travel professional to see what they can come up with.

I saw that you are thinking of the Sun, so I don't think this will impact you but... if you decide to change ships to a larger ship make sure that if you book a balcony and an across the hall stateroom that the door to the inside room actually opens across the hall. Sometimes they have an interior hallway and it can be a bit of a walk to actually get to someone who's "just across the hall." Check your deck plans carefully!

Again, I *don't think* the Sun has this problem, but just FYI or for future reference for when you cruise again. Because, let's face it, it's an addiction ;)