How To Get Airline Boarding Pass Printed On Ship?

florida lover

We'll be on the Equinox soon and will need to print airline boarding passes prior to disembarkation. How can we go about this without buying internet minutes?

Thank you.

Well, if you're Elite (or above), you get enough free internet minutes to check in for your flight and print your boarding pass. If not, you might need to purchase a little internet time, once you're onboard. I know that they sell internet packages, but I don't know how much the cheapest one would be.

Your options:

1. Book Luggage Valet $20 per person up to 2 bags each, if offered
  2. Book a Celebrity or better suite, and have the Suite Concierge in Michael's Club do it for you.
  3. Use your cell phone or other device and do OLCI with your Airline's SmartPhone app, or mobile enabled website, just no way to print boarding passes, you just get them electronically.

To my knowledge, no other way to print boarding passes, without paying for internet time. They don't just "open a workstation" for airline boarding passes to be printed.

Unless you are going directly to security and your gate with just carry on, no need to pre-print your boarding pass ahead of time.

If you have to check luggage, you will get your boarding pass right there when you check your baggage in either curbside or at the check in kiosk.

Yep, unless there's some benefit of checking in early, like on Southwest or Virgin, it's easy to do at the kiosks at the airport. I've stopped stressing about it, if I can't do it easily I don't worry, since we always have baggage to check.

Last week in Austin I trekked to the hotel business center to print our BPs. When we got to the airport, it was too early to even drop our bags. I used the kiosk just in case it would let me do something, and I ended up with two more boarding passes. Took about thirty seconds. . .

Your options:

1. Book Luggage Valet $20 per person up to 2 bags each, if offered
  2. Book a Celebrity or better suite, and have the Suite Concierge in Michael's Club do it for you.
  3. Use your cell phone or other device and do OLCI with your Airline's SmartPhone app, or mobile enabled website, just no way to print boarding passes, you just get them electronically.

To my knowledge, no other way to print boarding passes, without paying for internet time. They don't just "open a workstation" for airline boarding passes to be printed.

We were going to try to do the Luggage Valet anyway, did it on our last Princess cruise and thought it was well worth it, don't recall how we got our boarding passes though. When we pick up our Luggage Valet tickets do they hand us boarding passes then, seems logical?

Thank you.

We'll be on the Equinox soon and will need to print airline boarding passes prior to disembarkation. How can we go about this without buying internet minutes?

Thank you.

the direct answer to your question is there is no way to do it for free on the ship.

I always print our passes on ship (we only travel with carry-on bags and usually have early flights) and while in lounge there are are always people coming in asking the attendant how to print passes and they are always told it costs $x.xx per minute to do that.

We were on Equinox last year and we had to use the internet for a short period. I think it was $0.75 a minute? Not sure if they charge you extra for printing. I would go to the computer lounge on the last night. I'm sure there will be a bunch of other people doing the same thing. You can probably get help from a fellow passenger if needed.

Edited by Rufferto

Yep, unless there's some benefit of checking in early, like on Southwest or Virgin, it's easy to do at the kiosks at the airport..

I know about the benefit of checking in early for Southwest, but I haven't heard/received any benefit from early check-in with Virgin. What is the benefit?

Thank you.

Another way is to make friends with someone who has an internet package with lots of excess minutes. :D

There are always passengers with big internet packages who end up on the last day of the cruise with lots of leftover minutes that will never be used.

But it only takes a few minutes to log in and print boarding passes at the internet lounge, so even if you are charged for the internet time, it should cost very little.

There are times when the system crashes, or is very slow, but if it takes an unreasonably long time and you request it, they will credit you back the cost of any excess minutes that may be charged.

We were on the Feb.2 Equinox. When DW went to print boarding pass the I-cafe

attendant asked which airline we were flying.We told him Southwest and he stated and I quote"That is the only airline that still does that from a ship.He mentioned something about the location of the ship."Evidently you can still check in but not print boarding pass.:confused::confused::confused:

I agree there is really no need that I know of to actually print boarding passes before heading to the airport, but there are reasons to check in ahead of time. For us, DH is Silver level on United. He can upgrade to any available seat in their Premier (extra legroom) section, but only 24 hours before flight time. So you best believe at 24 hours minus a few minutes he is in the ILounge logging in (we have Kindles, not IPads, which are not supported on Celebrity for internet. Interesting since they used to be - before they started selling Apples products. Coincidence? I think not)

Anyway, if you don't get free internet as a perk from X for reaching a certain level, it is not really all that expensive to log in for a few minutes to check in and/or print passes. I strongly recommend that if you need to do this, you set up your account earlier in the week, particularly if you think you might need assistance. The lounge gets crazy busy the day before disembarkation with dozens of people trying to do the same thing at the same time.

We were on the Feb.2 Equinox. When DW went to print boarding pass the I-cafe

attendant asked which airline we were flying.We told him Southwest and he stated and I quote"That is the only airline that still does that from a ship.He mentioned something about the location of the ship."Evidently you can still check in but not print boarding pass.:confused::confused::confused:

That is not true. We were on the Equinox in 2013 doing a trans atlantic and had no problem printing boarding passes for Southwest out of Ft Lauderdale. They are the ones that are confused.

Edited by ozark74

That is not true. We were on the Equinox in 2013 doing a trans atlantic and had no problem printing boarding passes for Southwest out of Ft Lauderdale. They are the ones that are confused.

If you read my message I stated that he claimed that SW is the only airline that you can still print a boarding pass for.According to him all others will not!!!!!! Now I'm confused!!!:eek::eek::eek:

I know about the benefit of checking in early for Southwest, but I haven't heard/received any benefit from early check-in with Virgin. What is the benefit?

If you check in right at the 24 hour mark you can usually upgrade to the Main Cabin Select seats for a reasonable price. Last week from Austin to San Francisco, it was $69, which covered the baggage fee ($25), all movies, food, and drinks, alcohol, and the extra leg room. It's worth it to us. When booking, those seats are hundred of dollars additional.

We are very fortunate that each year Virgin gives 2 for 1 coupons out

at a SF Giants game. It truly is 2 for 1, but there are limited times to use the coupons. I have bought them for $5 on Craigslist when I couldn't get to the game (already have tickets for this year's game in August!) so we get super cheap fares, then pay the small upgrade and still come out way ahead.

Our all time best deal was San Francisco nonstop to Dulles, then nonstop home from JFK back to SFO. Using the coupon, for BOTH of us, it was $284!!!! Round trip coast to coast! For two!! Obviously I'm a big fan!

If you read my message I stated that he claimed that SW is the only airline that you can still print a boarding pass for.According to him all others will not!!!!!! Now I'm confused!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Sorry, I have done American also. It should not make a difference where you are. Did it in December no problem.

I'm intrigued that someone can take a cruise and not have any checked luggage!

If you want to see a bunch of folks who only travel with carry on bags,

go over to the Fashion Forum;)...there are Many, MANY people who

only cruise with carry on bags.....there are alot of threads over there

about it.

My entire carry on contains my iPad, travel documents, PJs AND medical supplies. Don't you just hate healthy people? What a terrible waste of a good carry on. Heading to the Eclipse next Sunday for two great weeks in the Caribbean. Don't really care if I have to waste my carry on!

Sorry, I have done American also. It should not make a difference where you are. Did it in December no problem.
Have been printing boarding passes on cruise ships on the last day of the cruise for years.

I also recently printed boarding passes for American, while the woman seated next to me printed hers for United.

Just check to make sure the printer in the internet lab is turned on and has paper in it before you click the print button.

Thank you.

While you won't be able to print them, we've had family back home check us in on southwest before when we needed to get a good boarding spot. However when sailing on Carnival last year I do recall some sort of kiosk for specifically printing boarding passes in their cafe area. It's been quite a few years since we've sailed Celebrity so I am unsure if they have something like this.