Ext Cords vs Outlet adapter and luggage tags

dcandme13

Hello all!! Starting my checklists even tho I'm way ahead of schedule but I like to be organized as a nervous first timer :)

Links on luggage tags you put on bags used for paper tags? I thought about just doing the tape/holepunch/tie wrap method but I figured I may as well invest in something a little better since I'm sure I'll be cruising again...

What do you find most useful and less likely to be jacked from your checked luggage to use in cabin? My understanding is that there is only one outlet in room...Not that I would be charging alot since my phone will be off, but my sister and I are planning on bringing my ipod and little speakers to listen to music in the room when getting ready for the day and will need to plug in a blow dryer/curling iron type things at some point.... so which is better? is the outlet near a vanity of some sort? I will be on the Inspiration in 20 days :)

TIA

As far as luggage tags, I just got some on Amazon. Search for carnival luggage tags. They are a good quality, relatively inexpensive and better than just having paper. You get 8 holders.

I haven't been on your ship, so I hesitate to answer your question about the outlets. I usually carry one that has three outlets and a night light . Never had it taken away.

Enjoy

I just use tape/hole punch/hair tie to attach my luggage tags. Cruise Critic store sells the clear plastic tags that you can put them in, though.

As far as outlets, I got this outlet that has 2 electrical & 2 usb. Worked great on Magic last month for charging iPads & plugging in flat iron. I just used the cabin hair dryer.

IMG_1669.jpg.49c55498eaf78437e5c38119be6bf536.jpg

IMG_1670.jpg.897a2606364f361678faddbd3d2f5846.jpg

I'm not saying it can't happen, but we've never had the paper tags come off. You tri-fold the tag and staple it together over a luggage handle. I do, however, put A LOT more staples on that it calls for.

Another thing I've read on the boards- print extra tags and place a copy inside your luggage just in case the tag does come off. That way it can be readily identified as your by opening the suitcase.

I laminate the luggage tags with clear packing tape, then punch a hole in them and attach with a zip tie. Super study. We also use a Belkin 3-Outlet Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector with Dual USB Ports, 5 Charging Outlets Total...

I just use tape/hole punch/hair tie to attach my luggage tags. Cruise Critic store sells the clear plastic tags that you can put them in, though.

As far as outlets, I got this outlet that has 2 electrical & 2 usb. Worked great on Magic last month for charging iPads & plugging in flat iron. I just used the cabin hair dryer.

Where did you buy this??

Inspiration and Imagination rooms don't come w/ hairdryer, if you print the tags and fold them the way it shows you should have no problem unless you fly to the ship. If so carry them with you and the porters will staple them for you. No problem after that. Interior rooms suggest a night light. The outlets shown above work super.

Last year on Celebrity Reflection, security took my three plug adapter that had been on probably 15 cruises. However, they did not bother with my extension cord or power strip. We take a clock, camera, cell phones, e-cig batteries, and x-mas lights. Lots of stuff to recharge so we use the power strip. We never had anything taken before probably beacuse we usually put the cords in our check on. This time it was in our carry-on. As far as the luggage tags, we have never had one come off but I usually put 2 on each suitcase just in case.

I got my outlet adapter at Radio Shack. My reason for choosing that particular one is because it fits perfectly in the desk outlet on the ship and the electrical plugs will swivel in case you are plugging in one of those big plugs like a hair dryer. And, it only has to plug in one spot. The plug on the desk doesn't accommodate the double plug adapters. I hope all that makes sense. I know what I'm trying to say, just difficult to know if it's coming through right.

I bought the very same adapter at Home Depot. I put them in my carry-on rather than checked luggage.

As for the luggage tags, I go to FedEx Kinkos and laminate the tags, punch a hole in them and attach to my luggage with zip ties.

Hi dcandme13 :)

For luggage tags I use clear packing tape, without staples.

In regards to an electrical adapter, I use the Belkin 3-Outlet Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector. (photo below)

Have a terrific voyage!

powerstrip_zpsa6dfd261.jpg

:)

We do the same. Great for charging Kindle's,camera battery,etc.

Many of the normal outlet extenders won't work. The ships usually only have one plug on the dresser and it is usually recessed.

As for the tags....I always do the clear packing tape and punch a hole. Very sturdy and costs pennies.

I bought the Belkin unit also. Just make sure you get the newer model with higher amp output. The USB ports split the output if two devices are plugged in and the old model wouldn't charge my IPad with something else plugged in. You could still plug into the AC without any problems.

I also just bought a "noodle" charging/data cord on Amazon. If you do a search for Maybat Noodle you can find it. It's a USB cord that splits into three different output ends. I can charge my IPHONE, OLD IPAD, and anything with mini-USB with it. SO it's basically three cords in one and it transfers data. I have used it with the Belkin to charge a Nook and IPad at the same time with no problem.

I always use the packing tape and staples and then tie the tags on with a sturdy ribbon, but this year one of them came off and I had to go looking for the missing suitcase ( 2 made it to our cabin). Found it about 7:00 pm in the lost luggage room. Guess I'll secure them better next time. There is an outlet in the bathrooms for razors that I never thought you could use until my DH pointed out that his razor charges in our outlets at home so anything we were using could be charged there also, it worked.