Chankanaab Question...

sstepson

Hi, guys

I just wanted to clarify something about the snorkeling at Chankanaab. I understand the entrance fee to get into the park is $21 (I printed out the $2 coupon already..!)

Is any of the snorkeling equipment covered in the entrance fee, or is it an additional charge? If extra, does anyone remember what the rental fees are?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Hi, guys

I just wanted to clarify something about the snorkeling at Chankanaab. I understand the entrance fee to get into the park is $21 (I printed out the $2 coupon already..!)

Is any of the snorkeling equipment covered in the entrance fee, or is it an additional charge? If extra, does anyone remember what the rental fees are?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

It is extra, but I couldn't tell you how much because we always bring our own gear. You can get it at the dive house.

If you want a life jacket they are free with an I.D. but they are the bulky orange kind, not the inflatable kind.

And I just wanted to add to this...

Last time we were there, they were only free IF you went to the life jacket hut (which happens to be the hut you will come to before you come to the snorkeling rental hut). If you went to the snorkel hut to rent snorkeling equipment, they would charge you. :eek: :cool: I'm not sure why, but that's how it has been in the past.

Can anyone confirm that this still holds true?

• 4 months later...
We will have our own snorkels/masks. Can we rent fins only? If so, any idea of the cost?

Thanks

We are wondering the same thing. I have looked through several threads and did several searched and have yet to find an answer. Doesn't seem like anyone has rented fins only.

If you want a life jacket they are free with an I.D. but they are the bulky orange kind, not the inflatable kind.

When we were there, there were signs saying they were mandatory. We went to the hut and asked them if we had to, and they looked at us like we were crazy- despite standing next to a sign that said they were required.