Just as I begin to consider a cruise to the Med......

I don't know anything about that guy, but from reading other posts about him, I've learned that people on here really don't like him.aybe he's an alarmist, or one of those lawyers whose always looking to make a lawsuit against the cruise lines for any little thing he can think up. I don't know if that's true but from the posts, that's what I've gathered. It could also be the people who don't like him also own Royal Caribbean stock or something. But I wouldn't worry too much about that unless you start see I g cruise lines cancelling those routes.

I don't know anything about that guy, but from reading other posts about him, I've learned that people on here really don't like him.aybe he's an alarmist, or one of those lawyers whose always looking to make a lawsuit against the cruise lines for any little thing he can think up. I don't know if that's true but from the posts, that's what I've gathered. It could also be the people who don't like him also own Royal Caribbean stock or something. But I wouldn't worry too much about that unless you start seeing cruise lines cancelling those routes. Their ships are worth a lot of money and it doubt they'd risk their destruction or loss if they thought there was a valid threat.

I don't know anything about that guy, but from reading other posts about him, I've learned that people on here really don't like him.aybe he's an alarmist, or one of those lawyers whose always looking to make a lawsuit against the cruise lines for any little thing he can think up. I don't know if that's true but from the posts, that's what I've gathered. It could also be the people who don't like him also own Royal Caribbean stock or something. But I wouldn't worry too much about that unless you start see I g cruise lines cancelling those routes.

He's an ambulance chaser and over the top dramatic. Also, he doesn't really care about the facts.

Yes, please consider the source you are reading. This attorney's goal is to paint cruising in a negative light. Watch his writing style - he rehashes information about current and past terrorism. The things he states in the article are not a report of something brand new. He just used facts to support an opinion he has. An opinion that feeds his work which is making the cruise industry not look good.

With that said, cruising is not perfect, and ANY time you travel you need to consider that anything could happen. I used to work in travel and come to learn that you need to be very alert no matter where or how you travel. Travel crimes , terrorism, and all the negative aspects of daily life are still present on a vacation whether you are cruising, staying at an all-inclusive resort, or doing a city based vacation.

I believe, based on past patterns, cruise lines will alter or cancel itineraries if they see that terrorism or unrest would be a problem. It is true that in the past terrorist took hold of the ship Achille Lauro. Also in 2005 Somalia pirates tried to board a Seabourn ship however the pirates were not successful as Seabourn had certain security measures in place to out-smart them.

Bottom line, like anything in life, travel has its risks. You need to make your best judgement with the information you have and what you feel. But at the same time we can't have fear keep us from enjoying the happy and good things in life.

Also, a good source is the State department website. This is a fact-based website were you can check on each of your ports to see if there are any warnings posted.

Edited by nycruiser80

I don't know anything about that guy, but from reading other posts about him, I've learned that people on here really don't like him. Maybe he's an alarmist, or one of those lawyers whose always looking to make a lawsuit against the cruise lines for any little thing he can think up. I don't know if that's true but from the posts, that's what I've gathered. It could also be the people who don't like him also own Royal Caribbean stock or something. But I wouldn't worry too much about that unless you start seeing cruise lines cancelling those routes. Their ships are worth a lot of money and I doubt they'd risk their destruction or loss if they thought there was a valid threat.

I am also considering a Europe cruise (for 2016), but I'm not too worried about it because I'm pretty sure the cruise lines will cancel/alter any routes that they believe would be susceptible to these types of things. After all, the cruise lines wouldn't want it all over the news that they got attacked.

Actually it was reported on CNN that ISIS is planning to go to Italy next which is 325 miles from their base in Syria. CNN is reliable in my opinion. I anticipate they Med cruises will get cancelled.

Edited by cruzsnooze