eclipse 1 mar 2015

fiona page

Well, the roll call post mentions 100 sick on the Equinox, don't know why that would affect Eclipse.

But we have been seeing reports of these messages for the last few weeks, sounds like it's to help with congestion at the port. Does Eclipse sail out of POM?

If I get a similar request, I will do my best to comply without going to any ridiculous lengths. We will fly into FLL the night before our TA, and will be having dinner with some of our cruise buddies that night. But a visit to FLL wouldn't be complete without a stop at Rocco's Tacos for their table made guacamole, so hoping to have a quick lunch there before boarding. If that works with the requested boarding time, great!

I'm confounded as to why the OP made a post here (just one hour ago) when they already knew the answer 2+ hours ago. :confused:

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Perhaps they were thinking that if they asked in 3 different places they would get 3 different answers.

After all, it seems to be the Celebrity way :rolleyes:

I'm confounded as to why the OP made a post here (just one hour ago) when they already knew the answer 2+ hours ago. :confused

Well, I'm on that cruise too and I still don't know the answer -- nor does anyone on our Roll Call -- so I'm glad that you do. Would you be so kind as to share it with us?

The email I received was similar to what I received a week ago (we are on the Reflection just now, joining Wclipse on Sunday). It does not mention delayed boarding, it just suggests you turn up within a suggested time slot.

All they are doing is trying to spread the boarding process out over a longer period. Just turn up when you want, that is what we did on Saturday and it is what we will do on Sunday.

Gordon

I presume this was what u received.

Please click here to acknowledge receipt of this message

This is an important message regarding your upcoming cruise.

Hello, this is Celebrity Cruises. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing on March 1, 2015, onboard Celebrity Eclipse. To enhance your check-in and boarding experience, we ask that you arrive to the terminal after 12:00 p.m. Your updated check-in window is between 12:00 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and look forward to welcoming you onboard the Celebrity Eclipse.

Gordon

Well, I'm on that cruise too and I still don't know the answer -- nor does anyone on our Roll Call -- so I'm glad that you do. Would you be so kind as to share it with us?

Host Jazzbeau -

For the record, I am not on your cruise. However, the texts, calls, and emails that you're probably receiving are very similar to the ones that have been happening for most of the winter. Celebrity is trying to encourage people to stagger their arrival time so that people are not mired in long lines. When a ship is undergoing a deep clean due to situations such as the Equinox having Noro recently, the emails coming out about that typically are more specific and will say the ship is undergoing deep cleaning and that there will be a delay in embarkation.

Hope you enjoy your cruise! :)

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

Edited by vulcan1971

Host Jazzbeau -

For the record, I am not on your cruise. However, the texts, calls, and emails that you're probably receiving are very similar to the ones that have been happening for most of the winter. Celebrity is trying to encourage people to stagger their arrival time so that people are not mired in long lines. When a ship is undergoing a deep clean due to situations such as the Equinox having Noro recently, the emails coming out about that typically are more specific and will say the ship is undergoing deep cleaning and that there will be a delay in embarkation.

Hope you enjoy your cruise! :)

No, this is not like the threads I have been reading about one-hour slots for each deck. We ALL received the same email telling us to board anytime between 12 noon and 3:30 pm. That's not staggered, it's just delayed. So we naturally wonder how they know on Tuesday that they will be delayed on Sunday. It seems to be a legitimate question to ask of the larger Celebrity community on Cruise Critic, and not something that should get an OP slammed.

We also received the same message requesting boarding between noon and 3:30. Why does Celebrity need to call twice, text twice and also send two emails to the same person? Also what time is the best to board? Would you wait an hour until 1pm and let all the mad rush get on first? We are elite but maybe that line will be long. Eclipse is at POM and we have not sailed from there.

We also received the same message requesting boarding between noon and 3:30. Why does Celebrity need to call twice, text twice and also send two emails to the same person? Also what time is the best to board? Would you wait an hour until 1pm and let all the mad rush get on first? We are elite but maybe that line will be long. Eclipse is at POM and we have not sailed from there.

Currently on the Eclipse. Priority boarding was a breeze with no lines. We arrived at the port around noon, parked the car and walked right into the terminal. Once we had our sea passes we went straight to the ship.