Feel a Little Silly about Ship Paint Jobs?

Oak Hill Cruisers

Old timers must think that the graphics mar the lines of the ships. I sort of like it, do you?

Modern cruise ships don't have lines. It's not like is going to be Norway (before they stuck the extra cabins on) under the paint.

It just helps hides the ugly (and there is enough ugly to hide on the Epic).

Modern cruise ships don't have lines. It's not like is going to be Norway (before they stuck the extra cabins on) under the paint.

It just helps hides the ugly (and there is enough ugly to hide on the Epic).

Spot on.

The hull art definitely does nothing to harm the looks compared to just being a 150,000 ton floating rectangular prism.

Once you start getting over 100,000 tons it stops looking like a ship.

Disney Magic/Wonder are the most pleasant to the eye IMO.

I'm in the like the hull art camp! Especially on the "away" class ships. At first I hated the Breakaway but I've grown to at least be indifferent if not quite like it. Whenever I've been in port next to a plain white ship, celebrity for example, and we're on a pretty painted ship it makes me cheerful.

I agree about the lines, if they were that classic ocean liner shape, but they're not :( they're very boxy nowadays. It's more like a crazy paint job on an RV, put it on a sleek sports car and it would look bad. But he RV looks great.

I like it, as said it makes me smile. Sure it's silly but it starts the fun for me.

I love the different hull designs and like you, when I see it, the fun starts! It's funny b/c I think the fun aspect of the NCL Hull art also spills over into their "welcome back" party on the docks... I'm not gonna lie, when I am walking back to the ship on the last port day, and I hear the music and see the crew dancing, I am so happy I get to "be a part of that!" I've seen several people on board other ships docked beside us looking longingly at our dock party. I guess its yet another thing that draws me to NCL...

Plus as someone else mentioned, you can always pick out the NCL ships and know there's a party going on!

Just wondering how PAX felt about the NCL ship hull paint jobs. They are over the top funky & colorful.

Old timers must think that the graphics mar the lines of the ships. I sort of like it, do you?

the way the ships are shaped these days the lines were marred during the build, paint can't make them any worse.

However I do like the paint jobs.