Emerald princess drydock

plunker

I read that the Emerald will be going into drydock in Dec. for 2 weeks. Would that just be some minor fixing up and replacing carpet or would that be enough time to redo the tv's so they are like the Regal? What else would they have enough time to do?

I read that the Emerald will be going into drydock in Dec. for 2 weeks. Would that just be some minor fixing up and replacing carpet or would that be enough time to redo the tv's so they are like the Regal? What else would they have enough time to do?

TV's are done ongoing during cruises. If you are referring to system itself it will probably be done during a dry dock. It could also be at during the night.

A lot TV is actually done with software.

• 1 month later...
They must be doing something bigger than TVs because Princess site asks if you're sailing before or after 4/2/16 when looking at deck plans.

This seems to be happening on several ships when you pull up deck plans, I believe they are just changing cat locations on the deck plans. No major changes on the Emerald that I have read.

More $$$ per location. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Plain and simple: drydock is to work on the stuff that's otherwise always wet. They'll do a ton of other work while it's up on blocks, but anything that could be done underway and/or in port gets done underway and/or in port.

Plain and simple: drydock is to work on the stuff that's otherwise always wet. They'll do a ton of other work while it's up on blocks, but anything that could be done underway and/or in port gets done underway and/or in port.

I was on Emerald the last week of Feb and all of the outdoor carpet was being replaced.

She will not return from Australia November 2016 she is staying in that area:(

You know this for sure??? We love the Emerald. Going Feb 2016 and this may be our last Princess cruise, as we are NOT INTERESTED IN REGAL OR THE ROYAL. We like the aft COVERED BALCONIES WITH NO SOOT. Always stay in a suite. We love Princess, but will not sacrifice what is important to us.

• 1 month later...
You know this for sure??? We love the Emerald. Going Feb 2016 and this may be our last Princess cruise, as we are NOT INTERESTED IN REGAL OR THE ROYAL. We like the aft COVERED BALCONIES WITH NO SOOT. Always stay in a suite. We love Princess, but will not sacrifice what is important to us.

Amen to that. Didn't get much soot but didn't like the Regal at all. Best thing was that it was new...

She will not return from Australia November 2016 she is staying in that area:(

She repositioning to Alaska April 2017. We are booked for the 32 day repositioning cruise to Vancouver from Sydney Australia.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

She repositioning to Alaska April 2017. We are booked for the 32 day repositioning cruise to Vancouver from Sydney Australia.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

There must be another writeup somewhere because a week ago I mentioned that she was returning to the West Coast:D

• 4 weeks later...

According to Princess web site she sails from Sydney on 4-12-2017 with the ultimate destination Vancouver for the sprint Alaska cruises. The Crown will be coming from the west to take over the Ft. Lauderdale/Caribbean sailing that the Emerald is doing in 2016.

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote on another post ages ago that I found out she was returning spring 2017. I love this ship so pleased we are not loosing her .It was bad enough when Sapphire and Diamond were absconded away from us.