Navigator questions - almost cruise day!!

levonfan

It is getting so close and we are ready to roll!

Few questions for those that have been on the Navigator out of Galveston.

- How early should we arrive at the port? We are coming from Katy in the Houston area, and would like to get on board as soon as possible.

- Where did you park and did it meet your expectations?

- Is there an IPOD dock in each room? I was wanting to bring my bluetooth bose, but don't want to have to pay for internet, so might just bring my IPOD

- Are there any secret areas of the ship you enjoyed? I know about the helipad on deck 4 (I think)

- Any other tips?

We are on the 8th deck in room 8334, looks like a good location.

Edited by levonfan

boarding begins between 1130 and noon. there is NOT a lot of room to hang out prior. as in very little seating at all. to minimize the wait, do not show up before 1030.

we used Lighthouse parking. we literally could see our cabin from the parking lot. they have both covered and uncovered options. because there is only one way into the terminal, it takes longer ( and going around the block)to get inside the fence than you would think. but they are friendly, efficient and inexpensive.

I believe only Suites and up have the iPod docks.

the helipad is actually very cool, esp late at night

I hung out in the Solarium mostly( when I wasn't in Vintages)

We arrive between 10:30 and 11:00.

We use lighthouse covered parking. Or inside at VIP but that will be full if your cruise is close.

Drop your luggage off first and it will be easier then dragging it all with you on the shuttle. The DH drop me and luggage off and goes and parks the car.

Try Izumi. I don't like Asian food but the steak on the hot rock was awesome.

Was on NAV 2/15/15 - GREAT TIME!

We parked at Ez Cruise - it's a 2 block walk to the terminal but VERY easy. We used a coupon from their site that made it cost 45$ for the week if we walked instead of waiting for the shuttle - no brainer for us and super easy to get to/from. Lots of folks on the street directing parking there.

We arrived at the terminal around 11:30. It was busy but not anything unexpected. We boarded and then went to hang out on the promenade to avoid the windjammer lines. Stopped at guest services to get a copy of the planner to review, We had a drink in 2 poets and then went to the MDR to make our dinner reservations!

When you go to the MDR to make reservations for the week - check on the menu...if we did it again, we definitely would have booked specialty dining the first night!!!

If you want to go on the flowrider - definitely go on the first sea day - it might not be super hot out - but if you can handle the chill, short lines and lots of help! This was the only time all week that bogey boarding was on the full flow rider vs half...

The ballroom dance show was pretty terrible (only the pro couple could dance - the rest was hard to watch!), the Broadway show was really good, and the ice skating show was awesome! Make sure to get ice skating tickets on embarkation day (use the planner to figure out when you want to go!)

Enjoy! If you have any specific questions post and I will share my experience! We are at chops, Sabor, and Johnny Rockets - all were great!! When we ate in the MDR - we had Francisco and Andre as our servers and they were great! We were on the 6th floor...

I concur on ez cruise parking... take advantage of the $45 rate. Get dropped off at the pier, take care of porter while driver parks across the street and walks across.

Get there at 10:30-10:45 and you will not have a crowd and be one of the first walking on the ship.

Just note whatever you carry on will have to stay with you until 1pm when your cabin will be made available.

http://ezcruiseparking.com/

concur on the ice show,

also, DO NOT go to the Windjammer for lunch.

just head to the Promenade. Say "Hi" to Ayu and grab a few of the mini sandwiches for a very light lunch and enjoy a far less crowded and noisy atmosphere. the pub will be open, the Wine bar will not( dumb texas liquor laws ppbbbtttht)

speaking of TX law; only certain drinks will be an option to order until you get 12 miles out. Jim Beam, but no Jack Daniels. and only like 2 or 3 house wines.

I know about the helipad on deck 4 (I think)

- Any other tips?

Pad is on deck 5, but you can use stairs up. Or, if on deck 5, walk forward into the Star Lounge, use doors on the right. Enjoy.

You might enjoy the silent disco, with ear phones. Deck 14, use aft elevators pn the port side. Have fun.

Thanks for all the info gang....yeah I think we are going to use the ezparking area and just walk to the ship.

Are the sandwhiches etc in the promenade free? I can't seem to remember.

Wife and I have seen the ice show before, but will see it again because it was so good.

For dining we have a group of us (8 total) and have the set 8:00 dinner time, I wanted to do MTD but the wife insisted we have a set time, even though I told her we can make reservations....so I'm just going with the flo

There is no additional charge for sandwiches, cookies, regular coffee, etc. at the Promenade Cafe. Specialty coffee will cost you, though.

I can't say just How many times I would swing by the promenade for a glass of water and a cookie!! (Well, never really only 1 cookie either! My favorite were the coconut ones!)

Arrive no earlier than 10:30; by the time you park and get to the terminal you won't have long to wait. The lines do get long but move quickly. If you are taking on your allotted 2 bottles of wine be sure and put them in your carry on. We usually take a case of water and 12 pack soda.

I agree with the others, skip the Windjammer and head to the Promenade Cafe for finger foods. There are 2 bars near there so grab a drink and a table and start people watching.

Don't forget to check out the Flow Rider; if you don't participate at least watch. It's a hoot to watch. Room Service is the best alarm clock. We order our coffee to be delivered at a scheduled time and they will call before coming to your door.

Will be back on Navigator in September but in the mean time will be boarding Serenade out of NOLA in 23 days!!!! Happy cruising

We will be on the Navigator on March 15th. We are super excited...it is me and my husbands first cruise.

We are staying over night Saturday night at the Kemah Boardwalk and got parking in the Galveston Park n Cruise right across from the terminal.

I have enjoyed reading everything trying to prepare and not seem like too much of a newbie when we cruise...lol.

We will be bringing our wine on board and will put in carry on. Wanted to bring some water and some cokes, but seeing as how it is spring break week we figured it would get confiscated and we'd never see it, so I think we are going to hold off on that.

I did Flo rider the last time we went and would like to try again...but I'm 5 years older and have more creeks and pains now, I guess that just means more drinks!

We will be bringing our wine on board and will put in carry on. Wanted to bring some water and some cokes, but seeing as how it is spring break week we figured it would get confiscated and we'd never see it, so I think we are going to hold off on that.

I did Flo rider the last time we went and would like to try again...but I'm 5 years older and have more creeks and pains now, I guess that just means more drinks!

We had an 8 pack of Mountain Dew bottles in one backpack and a 6 pack of sports water bottles in another back pack last week and got on board just fine. (3 of 4 of us were on the soda plan, but there is no Mountain Dew on board!)

Was on NAV 2/15/15 - GREAT TIME!

We parked at Ez Cruise - it's a 2 block walk to the terminal but VERY easy. We used a coupon from their site that made it cost 45$ for the week if we walked instead of waiting for the shuttle - no brainer for us and super easy to get to/from. Lots of folks on the street directing parking there.

We arrived at the terminal around 11:30. It was busy but not anything unexpected. We boarded and then went to hang out on the promenade to avoid the windjammer lines. Stopped at guest services to get a copy of the planner to review, We had a drink in 2 poets and then went to the MDR to make our dinner reservations!

When you go to the MDR to make reservations for the week - check on the menu...if we did it again, we definitely would have booked specialty dining the first night!!!

If you want to go on the flowrider - definitely go on the first sea day - it might not be super hot out - but if you can handle the chill, short lines and lots of help! This was the only time all week that bogey boarding was on the full flow rider vs half...

The ballroom dance show was pretty terrible (only the pro couple could dance - the rest was hard to watch!), the Broadway show was really good, and the ice skating show was awesome! Make sure to get ice skating tickets on embarkation day (use the planner to figure out when you want to go!)

Enjoy! If you have any specific questions post and I will share my experience! We are at chops, Sabor, and Johnny Rockets - all were great!! When we ate in the MDR - we had Francisco and Andre as our servers and they were great! We were on the 6th floor...

Thanks for the info :)... Can you tell me how you got the coupon for the ez parking?

Arrive no earlier than 10:30; by the time you park and get to the terminal you won't have long to wait. The lines do get long but move quickly. If you are taking on your allotted 2 bottles of wine be sure and put them in your carry on. We usually take a case of water and 12 pack soda.

I agree with the others, skip the Windjammer and head to the Promenade Cafe for finger foods. There are 2 bars near there so grab a drink and a table and start people watching.

Don't forget to check out the Flow Rider; if you don't participate at least watch. It's a hoot to watch. Room Service is the best alarm clock. We order our coffee to be delivered at a scheduled time and they will call before coming to your door.

Will be back on Navigator in September but in the mean time will be boarding Serenade out of NOLA in 23 days!!!! Happy cruising

Could you tell me how you took your water and soda on board? Did you put in your luggage or just drop it at pier or?

How does one make reservations for the Ice Show?

there is a notice in the compass as to when/where you go to get tickets. there will be like 3 shows total: 2 general population( anyone can go) and one special one for suites and top Tier C&A members.

we went to that one and only needed the invitation that was in our cabin.

if you like sushi TAKE the Izumi Sushi rolling class! $25 a person and you make 2 rolls plus a piece of sashimi( shrimp n rice) and a a spicy Tuna cone. we also get a coupon for a 25% discount at dinner. it makes aLOT so you could easily get away with only one person paying/participating and the other can watch. several people were doing that. it was so popular that they added like 2 extra classes after the first one.

there is a notice in the compass as to when/where you go to get tickets. there will be like 3 shows total: 2 general population( anyone can go) and one special one for suites and top Tier C&A members.

we went to that one and only needed the invitation that was in our cabin.

if you like sushi TAKE the Izumi Sushi rolling class! $25 a person and you make 2 rolls plus a piece of sashimi( shrimp n rice) and a a spicy Tuna cone. we also get a coupon for a 25% discount at dinner. it makes aLOT so you could easily get away with only one person paying/participating and the other can watch. several people were doing that. it was so popular that they added like 2 extra classes after the first one.

Thank you. We have already purchased the Mystery Dinner on the first night in the Italian restaurant, and the Lafite Wine tasting. I will be on the lookout for the sushi class.

Tickets for the ice show are distributed twice - once on day 1 and again on day 2 first thing in the morning. They are handed out just outside of studio B on deck 3. Check the planner on day one for times - it was 3pm on Sunday and 9am on Monday for us. We had 3 show choices to pick from - one at 2pm on day 3 I think and the other 2 were 6:30 and 8:30 Wednesday night.

Thanks for the info :)... Can you tell me how you got the coupon for the ez parking?

no coupon needed, when you book your 7 day parking, you have a link to "apply park and walk" discount... click on it and voila! your rate drops to $45 for the week.