Freedom back in Sty. Maarten now?

There was talk on our cruise last week that the fixipod repairs would take place in St. Thomas and/or St. Maarten. I think this may be a medical emergency unfortunately. Hopefully someone will post. This will mean a late arrival in PC most likely.

There was talk on our cruise last week that the fixipod repairs would take place in St. Thomas and/or St. Maarten. I think this may be a medical emergency unfortunately. Hopefully someone will post. This will mean a late arrival in PC most likely.

They've been in St Maarten since 7:41, according to Marine traffic. We've never had a medical emergency happen on a ship we were on. Does it take that long for a medical emergency?

They've been in St Maarten since 7:41, according to Marine traffic. We've never had a medical emergency happen on a ship we were on. Does it take that long for a medical emergency?

Everytime I have watched Freedom return to PC for Med emergency, it took a few minutes or so to offload the passenger and sail out again.

Everytime I have watched Freedom return to PC for Med emergency, it took a few minutes or so to offload the passenger and sail out again.

That's what I thought and that is what's concerning me... Marine traffic also shows Celebrity Eclipse and Regal Princess still in port, and the time is "2015-02-01:59"? Could this be a glitch on the part of Marine Traffic?

That's what I thought and that is what's concerning me... Marine traffic also shows Celebrity Eclipse and Regal Princess still in port, and the time is "2015-02-01:59"? Could this be a glitch on the part of Marine Traffic?

I was just thinking the same thing, I think it isn't there, it is on its way back to Port Canaveral. If i zoom in, I see three ships there but if I zoom out, there is one.

According to Marine traffic dot com Freedom is currently docked in St. Maarten. But, it also shows two other ships (Regal Princess and Celebrity Eclipse) there and normally by now, they'd all be gone. According to cruisett they should all be gone by now, so not sure what the issue is, unless marine traffic is having issues.

Edited by BND

According to Marine traffic dot com Freedom is currently docked in St. Maarten. But, it also shows two other ships (Regal Princess and Celebrity Eclipse) there and normally by now, they'd all be gone. According to cruisett they should all be gone by now, so not sure what the issue is, unless marine traffic is having issues.

I would suspect it's marine traffic because over at vessel finder Freedom is Online and showing 20.4 kn quite a ways from St Maarten.

I would suspect it's marine traffic because over at vessel finder Freedom is Online and showing 20.4 kn quite a ways from St Maarten.

I agree marine traffic is really messed up. Sorry for causing any alarms.

I just went to vessel finder and here is a screenshot showing Freedom underway and due to arrive at PC on time.

image.jpg1_zpsfsswucne.jpg

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I agree marine traffic is really messed up. Sorry for causing any alarms.

I just went to vessel finder and here is a screenshot showing Freedom underway and due to arrive at PC on time.

image.jpg1_zpsfsswucne.jpg

Now stopping to look at the facts... It wouldn't make sense that Regal Princess, Celebrity Eclipse and Freedom of the seas would all stay in St Maarten with no weather / other apparent cause... Likely just Marine traffic being screwed up. I'd still like confirmation from someone onboard though... I'd really appreciate it if you let us know if you hear from your mother, reallyitsmema.

Many, many people trust commercial AIS tracking sites as gospel. Please understand that these sites are there to make money from the advertising, not to actually track vessels. They are strictly an "offshoot" or byproduct of the AIS system. The vessel itinerary information is not always updated in real time, so the "return to last port" syndrome is fairly common. The various sites have to "subscribe" a land station to receive it's feed, and the tracking website pays for this privilege. This is why various sites will cover various areas better or worse than others. These tracking sites are tools, they are not always correct, and are very frequently wrong.