Outrigger Reef

syr101

We will be in Oahu next month on a cruise and staying at the Outrigger Reef on Waikiki beach for one night. looking for a nice place to eat but casual. We will traveling all day but would like it to be memorable not a run of the mill. Any recommendations.

Another vote for Shorebird right there in the Outrigger Reef. It is fun to meet other folks while standing at the big grill and cooking your dinner. Take a look at the salad bar before ordering your dinner. You can probably save money by skipping the baked potato and just enjoying the rice and salads offered on the salad bar. Look for discount coupons in the little magazines like "This Week on Oahu." These magazines can be found on racks all over Waikiki.

The Shorebird is great! We've had dinner there many times and if you don't 'want' to cook your meat, you don't have to, but it's fun. Also, their buffet breakfast is awesome! When we were there last year, think the breakfast was like $16.95 or something like that and it's wonderful .... sit by the beach! We also love Duke's. Although I've heard great things about the restaurant itself, we like the 'Beach Bar' where you sit right on the beach. It's much more casual and fun as well as very good! We don't cruise to Hawaii but take land vacations there most every year. Going to Kauai this year. Last year was Kauai and Maui, but spent 2 weeks at Waikiki 2 years ago. Have fun! :)

Another vote for Shorebird.

Also you should give them a call and ask about a possible free upgrade. When we stayed there I called and let them know we were celebrating our anniversary and got a nice free upgrade when we arrived. This was the view from the balcony. :D

6962836361_17de79e43c_b.jpg

I was going to suggest House Without a Key. It is an easy walk from the Outrigger Reef, and would be an enjoyable relaxed evening. Our only experience with Shorebird's was loud, hectic, and it was crazy busy. I would suggest House Without a Key, Duke's, and the Banyan courtyard at the Moana Surfrider. We enjoy the music, menus, and outdoor seating at my three choices for an enjoyable evening on Waikiki. And they are all casual. Have a great time. Cherie

Edited by cccole

If you don't mind a fairly long walk, we love Lulu's, open for B, L, and D. It is across from Kapiolani Park and the beach. The food is sooo good, especially the Kalua pork nachos. It is open air and has great Friday night Hawaiian music. Cherie

Edited by cccole