My first 'Live From' the Royal, February 26- March 9

RNGALNG

The 'A little bit about us' part.

We are a couple living in the cold frozen tundras of Ohio, where one walks on water, not walking in it. We always like to take an annual 'defrost our toes' cruise. Helps to get us through the winters.

We are empty nesters, spending our children's inheritance one cruise at a time. This is cruise number ten, all with Princess. Our first ever cruise was with Disney with our younger child, many moons ago. So, eleven total, ten with Princess.

The trip down to the warmth

We had a bumpy start getting to Florida. Left the house a little late, the place where we park our car was running late. We had to sit in our cars for 15 minutes before a bus arrived to take us to the airport. Usually they hover behind as you look for a space to park. When we tried to give our luggage to the kind person at the desk, we were told it was too late for it to make the flight. Whose ever heard about a 45 minute cut off before a flight to get cases to a plane? Anyone? Ferris?

That was the end. The rest was smooth sailing in the skies. Hubby had a seat next to him empty and I had a full row! Jackpot! (We tried getting aisle seats across from each other for more room this trip and we liked it!) Suitcases made it too!

We spent yesterday either napping, walking along the beach with shorts on, or eating food near our hotel. Due to some illnesses onboard the last cruise, we are on a delay for boarding. Onboard is for 5:00.

The best part of the evening was watching the Caribbean Princess on the webcam as we sat finishing our dinner at an outside cafe. We could hear the horns and then see her as she passed the wall. We ran across the street to get a little closer look and a few photos.

Hope you find my sarcastic humor to your liking as we set sail later today. Be kind to me, I'm new at this sort of thing. I won't and can't do photos so this will be text only. Just know, we are two who bend with the bamboo, love just being out of the cold and enjoying life.

It doesn't get better than this!

Just returned from sailing Royal 10 days ago. Also from the Ohio tundra and it just keeps getting worse! We are in Canton area and expecting 6-8 inches more of the stupid white stuff on Sunday. Will be reliving our days aboard Royal thru your review. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Just returned from sailing Royal 10 days ago. Also from the Ohio tundra and it just keeps getting worse! We are in Canton area and expecting 6-8 inches more of the stupid white stuff on Sunday. Will be reliving our days aboard Royal thru your review. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Well, hello neighbor! We are just a bit north of you. Stow is home. Thanks for keeping us up on the cold!

Hi there, we are from a tad north of you and getting all the cold but a tad less snow on Sunday. We will be sailing the Royal in about 4 weeks and I will be reading your "Live" with much anticipation.

If you can, I would be interested in seeing the patters.

Hi there, we are from a tad north of you and getting all the cold but a tad less snow on Sunday. We will be sailing the Royal in about 4 weeks and I will be reading your "Live" with much anticipation.

If you can, I would be interested in seeing the patters.

I'm sorry. I'm not going to post photos. If you are on FB, there is a wonderful page devoted to Princess cruising and Vickie just got off the ship last turn around. She also does a blog of her trips. Look for cruising with Vickie for her FB page.

Well, if you liked hearing the horns of the Caribbean Princess, just wait til you hear the horns of the Royal!!n:p

So I have heard! Can't wait. We will have many ships with us at each of our ports. Maybe we will get into a blasting party?

I'm sorry. I'm not going to post photos. If you are on FB, there is a wonderful page devoted to Princess cruising and Vickie just got off the ship last turn around. She also does a blog of her trips. Look for cruising with Vickie for her FB page.

Thanks I'll check her out.

We arrived at the port at two and there were very long but moving lines. They had it down to a great system and we never had to sit and wait. Thirty minutes tops to get all checked in and in our cabin. We put the few things we had as carry ons away and then high tailed it to Alfredo's for pizza! The place was empty! We each picked our own, hubby had the Royal Princess pizza and I the Capricciosa. We finished our meal with the apple tart. Off to a great beginning!

By the way, salt and peppers are not on the tables nor was the sugar for our iced teas. The second round of iced teas, they did bring and leave, the sugar. We have had no less that 5 staff try to serve us!

Off to explore the ship!

We are in Cleveland and are glad to hear all about the wonderful sunshine you experienced.

Stay safe and warm. We are enjoying not having to walk on water but in it! We plan on bottling the sun and warm and bringng it back with us as the man in Boston is doing with his snow!

Hope you find my sarcastic humor to your liking as we set sail later today. Be kind to me, I'm new at this sort of thing. I won't and can't do photos so this will be text only. Just know, we are two who bend with the bamboo, love just being out of the cold and enjoying life.

Buon Viaggio & hope you'll enjoy the Royal as much as we did during our 2 cruises (27 days). After that experience we sailed on the Crown & simultaneously said "the atrium is so small". ;)

Looking forward to cruising vicariously with you. :)

End of day one

Muster took a little longer than normal due to the captain having to tell us about the gastrointestinal issues that were onboard. We rushed up two flights to put our jackets away and find warmer clothing as there was a slight chill in the air. We had family from home who were watching the web cam so we stayed on our balcony texting them while we went up the canal to the open waters. Sadly, the camera panned to full picture of the ship before waiting till our almost end cabin and we were not seen.

We then went up to Outriggers to meet some of the Cruise Critic roll call people, but they had all left for dinner and inside! So, we each got a celebratory libation, sat in one of the couches and enjoyed watching the wake as we sailed away from Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. NOTE: no fruit in the drinks while under the red alert.

We had an early dinner in the Symphony dining room. What a beautiful area! There was a couple waiting to be seated when we arrived and they're tummies must have been really rumbly as they had been taken to seats but then brought back. They were told they would be given a pager. When they said they would share and we said we would, we were all taken to an 8 top that was waiting for us. All four couples were trying to get away from cold of their homes, the one with the least weather issues were from St. Lewis. All were seasoned travelers and we enjoyed the meal. Again,nothing on the tables but napkins and silverware. If you needed salt, pepper, cream, rolls, they were served to you. You were not able to pass the bread basket. Maybe this will be an even better cruise as I will not be using as much salt or having seconds on bread!

Hubby had the pulled pork and I the prime rib. We both opted for the flourless cake for dessert.

Back to the room as the travel south and one night of fun had taken their toll. Our lights were out before 11. We did' see any entertainment or even TV.

One last note on the process of getting onboard. Being Platinum or above, gives you a few privileges. Standing in that line to get cruise cards did take a little longer. We just line jumped to the other one as there was no wait. No problem.

There was an agent looking at our cards and then sorting us - like they do at Hogwarts your first year. Those with the privileges were sent to the front of the line while others had to sit for a bit and wait. They were allowing only 30 at a time to leave and so, when the next group was told to move, they did. Those still standing in the larger line became VERY upset that they were still there and we were being told to wait. They all thought they had the same colored card as we did. (I guess they were hungry too!) Since we were told to move, we did and did not see how the ugly mess ended.

IF ITS SATURDAY, IT MUST BE PRINCES CAY!

We were up in time to have breakfast in the main dining room. We sat with a delightful couple, Deloris and Herman. Things are still code red as nothing is on the tables. Wash your hands, everyone! Use the Purell onboard too!

The lines to get onto a tender have just died down. We plan on just going over and walking around. We've been here a few times. The temp is suppose to be 76. Not all 'that' warm to locals, but the sun is shining and we are not shoveling snow or walking on water, just in it!