RNGALNG

TrevorCole

Kory Simon at the piano

Jacob Wise (guitar)

Nadia (piano)

Inspiration String Trio

Rick Kilburn quartet

New Deal

These are the folks we have onboard at the moment. I'll see if there are other things that will pop up later.

Thank you for your 'live from' efforts and answering my query. It is much appreciated.

Hope you had a wonderful cruise, it certainly sounds like you enjoyed it.

Pete

SEA DAY

Didn't snorkel today. Sort of hard to do!

We got up in time to hit the main dining room to have the blueberry pancakes. As did many others as I could see the line snaking out in the hall from our table.

Today on my agenda was trivia and laundry. Whatever else was going to be on the fly.

We went to morning trivia and our team dethroned the champions. We were given a choice of treasures to take. A key chain and a magnet clip is what this room choose.

Then it was off to the Landry room.

There were 4 washers and dryers in the room as well as three or four ironing boards. I bring my own soap so didn't check to see how much it sells for. But I like that I don't need to bring quarters or bills down, just my cruise card. I don't like that they now are $3 to wash a load and another $3 to dry. Just slide your card and it is billed to your account as a token drops from the machine. One token. Better than 8 quarters! The washers are large and the dryers took only one round of tokens to get a load dry.

Done by noon. We ventured up to Trident Grill as hubby had a hunkering for a burger. I had a slice of pizza. Two more of our normal 'every cruise we...' list.

At three there was another trivia. We had the same team. These questions were much harder than this mornings. But our guesses were better than we thought. We corrected our own papers as the bug is still around. We counted up our correct answers wrong and we thought through some miracle we had won. We were each given another key ring and then as we looked at our paper again, saw that we had miscounted so we gave the next team who was closest to us our prizes. I think we actually tied, but it was our fault for not counting correctly.

It was our second formal night tonight. We made plans to ha e a drink with some CC members who happen to be in the next room, and then dine together. I made a reservation as I thought that would work better and I was right. We had a little wait when we arrived at the door as there was just a back up in getting folks seated. They had escargot as a starter tonight. One of our favorites. I had the prawns without lobster (just not my favorite) and hubby had the beef Wellington. We all went for the Norman Love dessert.

We all walked around the piazza and listened to some of the sounds. I looked in the candy/flower shop for the first time and the Gelato one as well. The balloon drop happens at 11:00. We decided to watch a movie in our room instead.

Tomorrow is the last day and a sea day. Best way to end a cruise!

It doesn't get better than this!

As I somhow didn't log out correctly, I lost most of my minutes. I will take patters home and try to answer questions then.

Tonight's movie in our room is Birdman!

Oh boy! I hope I know how to log out correctly. Wouldn't be surprised if I screw up, but would be crushed to lose my minutes.

That is exactly what happened to me. If you log off incorrectly the clock keeps going and depletes your minutes. It then goes on for another 15 minutes billing your sign and sail .79 per minute. Simply go to the internet cafe when manager on duty and he will reset your minutes and refund your sign and sail for the extra charge.

Have you heard of many on the royal that have come downs with the noro virus? They said it was on this voyage again. Hopefully not as we will be going on the royal next month. It just worries me as who wants to be ill while at sea and on vacation.

Thank you

SEA DAY

I forgot to mention yesterday that the captain, in his now daily speech about the bug, said that the number of people calling or reporting to deck 4 had once again gone down but that the protocol was for it to remain in place for another 72 hours. In the mean time, the poor staff is overworked again having to deliver even a pat of butter to your plate. And yet, they smile and are ever so friendly!

The other thing I forgot to mention were table mates. Oh, you do meet all sorts on a trip. I love getting to see what characters are out in the world!

Breakfast yesterday had us sitting with an older than us husband and wife and two ladies, also with more years than us, who traveled together. Three of us ordered a fruit plate before the main course and the other three just the main course. The man spoke these words once the entire time, 'I want three scrambled eggs, bacon, a couple sausages, and white toast.' End of his contribution to the conversation. The two ladies were a delight to talk to/with. The three were served their main with our fruit. At this point those with their mains were just about finished. When our pancakes arrived, it was then that the wife, who was in a wheelchair began to tell her story. Oh dear me. She told how when they started going through security, the guard told her that her leg was bleeding. And then proceeded to tell us all, mind you, in front of our food, how it was still oozing and all her visits to the medical staff onboard. LESSON: Please do not discuss medical conditions while there is food on the table. Please!

On to today. The first trivia is over. We had a respectable 13 correct. One question had an answer of - the ankle. We had foot. One of the long timers onboard made sure we knew it had to be ankle and it was wrong to say foot. So, we COULD have had 14. Why quibble? Good grief!

Tonight there will be a Mardi Gras party complete with steel drums, percussion, and a flash mob. I just watch the mob practice as I got a special coffee. My coffee card has now been on three cruises and will be on a fourth. If you have punches remaining on your card, you can bring it back again and again until they are gone. Don't throw it away!

I heard David, the CD of the flash mob say we were going to change our clocks back tonight but I know that DST started yesterday, right? How does time get lost out here at sea?

The Captain has made his daily announcement. We still need to wash our hands before eating, after eating, after using the restrooms, and so on....

We went to the next trivia and didn't come close!

We have sadly started the process of dumping our belongings into the cases. One will be out before dinner- who needs snorkeling gear tonight, right? The second case will go out when we turn into pumpkins tonight after any activities we do. There is a game show and another trivia to possibly go to. The fun just doesn't end!

Have I mentioned that we have opted for the EZAir program? Best $20 ever spent! We have used them many times before. When we leave the cases out tonight, we won't see them again until we arrive at our home destination. The second great thing is we won't have to pay extra if our cases are over the tonnage allowed by our airline! So, after tonight, all we will have to worry about are our carry ons. It doesn't get better than this!

If you are thinking of using this too, it is for selected airlines flying in the US only. If your airline requires a payment for cases, you do have to pay that. We usually fly United and did so again this time.

Getting to the airport is easily done by either using Princess transfers or just catching a cab once off the ship. A little cheaper doing a cab. I think it's $19 /person for the bus by Princess and about $20/cab?

For lunch this afternoon, there was a seafood extravaganza in the buffet. We passed and snuck up later to grab a small bite.

Well, suitcases are now out and we are in. The party was still going strong in the piazza when we left.

Our last supper was in the buffet as we watched three other cruise ships heading north with us. It was American night. Turkey with the trimmings, roast beef, fried chicken, Mac and cheese, hot dogs, burgers and on and on and ....

There were two games on the entertainment list for the evening, both held in the Live Studio. First up was the 'Fill in the Blank' game where 4 of the cruise directors are on a panel. They are asked questions by a 5th CD. The studio audience, in teams of no more than 6, give their answers, like the match game. Teams are awarded up to 4 points for each question depending on how the CDs answered. The show would be rated at least a PG-13.

The second game was one of trivia questions from around the world. Our team did great, if you count only the first ten questions. The second half was our down fall. However, the winning team only only had two more than we did. And they got to add a lanyard to their suitcases!

The dining room will open a half hour earlier tomorrow. Princess usually has things well done for getting off the ship. I'll let you know when we are back on land and give final thoughts a day or so later.

To the person who asked about movies, I copied some of what was on the TV as well as having all the patters. So, you will get that when we arrive home.

It doesn't get better than this!

It is now morning. I got kicked off each time I tried to post last night. The thrusters are in full gear as we are close to the end of the docking process. Can it be over all ready?

Edited by RNGALNG

Have you heard of many on the royal that have come downs with the noro virus? They said it was on this voyage again. Hopefully not as we will be going on the royal next month. It just worries me as who wants to be ill while at sea and on vacation.

Thank you

If you have been reading, we are under the code red for noro. I know of no one personally who has gotten it but there are cases. Wash, wash, and again wash your hands!

Thanks again! I have two friends who flew to Ft. Lauderdale yesterday and are looking forward to boarding today...and got an email stating boarding would commence one hour later than normal for cleaning!

Safe trip home!

Thank you. We have a day of sitting here and there to get to our final resting spot this evening.

We wondered if they would have to do the full blown cleaning or not. Good to hear that it won't be necessary. If you have the chance to talk with them before they board, two things: wash, wash, and wash your hands, and have lunch in Alfredo's today. It's a nice quiet overlooked place to dine on the first day!

Well, if you liked hearing the horns of the Caribbean Princess, just wait til you hear the horns of the Royal!!n:p

I tried so hard to get it on tape, it just didn't happen! No horn wars in the ports. Bummer.

We will be reading your posts with much interest as we leave on March 9 for 10 days. This is our second time on her and it was so wonderful last March we went for it again this year.

Myrna

I pass the crown to you. Your turn to do 'a live from!' Enjoy and be sure to wash your hands!

Buon Viaggio & hope you'll enjoy the Royal as much as we did during our 2 cruises (27 days). After that experience we sailed on the Crown & simultaneously said "the atrium is so small". ;)

Looking forward to cruising vicariously with you. :)

Thank you for following. I have received and learned from your posts, I'm glad I could help you go on another, at least virtually.