Sovereign revisited

BillOh

I was visiting family in a different city tonight. On their cable they have a channel called AWE. I saw a show called DREAM CRUISES. Tonight it was featuring Sovereign cruising the Med out of Barcelona. I've seen photos of the ship in port, but the first I've seen the ship sent she went to her new owners. You can still see the Royal roots!

Well, Pullmantur is a subsidiary of RCI and if you can get by with information in Spanish, the cruises are available for booking.

Oddly, sailings on Sovereign are more expensive than sailing on newer ships from NCL or MSC in the MED.

I saw that Majesty will be calling on Grand Cayman weekly, every Tuesday, in 2016 after she leaves RCI and joins Pullmantur, though I am not sure where she will be home ported.

I was visiting family in a different city tonight. On their cable they have a channel called AWE. I saw a show called DREAM CRUISES. Tonight it was featuring Sovereign cruising the Med out of Barcelona. I've seen photos of the ship in port, but the first I've seen the ship sent she went to her new owners. You can still see the Royal roots!

I taped the show last night, and DREAM CRUISES is doing a special on Navigator in the next two weeks - I saw it on TiVo, and set it to tape that show too. The best episode was the Antarctic cruise on Pontant. Amazing trip!

aw our first cruise :D and thats what got us addicted to cruising :D

Same here! It had a lot of bad reviews back then but we took the cruise anyway and loved it and here we are still cruising today. The picture on my profile is the picture I took on that first cruise while anchored in Coco Cay!

Edited by bigque

Wow, my 1st "bigger" ship! :) Started cruising in 1982, Princess and NCL. Ships were smaller in those days. My TA told me Royal Caribbean had "single" friendly fares, why didn't I try one of their new ships? I was skeptical but I loved the Sovereign, had a great time back in 1995, twenty years ago!

Now this year I'm sailing on the Vision for 25 days, which is really the size I prefer but if I want to cruise to far away places, I have to adjust. Next year I'll be on a big ship again.

...Now this year I'm sailing on the Vision for 25 days, which is really the size I prefer but if I want to cruise to far away places, I have to adjust. Next year I'll be on a big ship again.
Where do you want to sail? Vision class ships are all over the world. Legend is in Australia & the South Pacific as well as the Panama Canal. Splendor and Rhapsody are in Brazil & South America as well as Europe and Dubai. Vision is in Europe. And lots of repositioning cruises.

I taped the show last night, and DREAM CRUISES is doing a special on Navigator in the next two weeks - I saw it on TiVo, and set it to tape that show too. The best episode was the Antarctic cruise on Pontant. Amazing trip!

I wish I had that channel at home, I'd love to see Navigator again, especially in her newer stage. The show was interesting to watch. They definitely pretty'd Soverign up, she looks good. If I was going to the Med, I don't know I would have called this one a dream cruise.

I've sailed on Majesty and Monarch, but not on Sovereign. I assume that they're all pretty similar.

That said, I watched this program and I didn't recognize anything about her except for the general layout of some of the venues. They really did make her look like a different ship in the video!

When they showed a cabin, it was a suite, of course. They didn't show the tiny inside/oceanview cabins. :)

Dream Cruises does a very good job of showing a cruise ship in her best light.

I've sailed on Majesty and Monarch, but not on Sovereign. I assume that they're all pretty similar.

That said, I watched this program and I didn't recognize anything about her except for the general layout of some of the venues. They really did make her look like a different ship in the video!

When they showed a cabin, it was a suite, of course. They didn't show the tiny inside/oceanview cabins. :)

Dream Cruises does a very good job of showing a cruise ship in her best light.

I would agree with that assessment.