When are the formal nights?

wobblybob74

Good morning one and all,

We're on ventura on N516 (Spain, Portugal & the Canaries), leaving Southampton on 11th June.

I'd like to book The Epicurean for one of our four formal nights, but I can't find anywhere that tells me the actual dates that the formal nights will fall on. Would it be safe to assume that one of the formal nights will be on the first full sea day?

As an aside, I am very surprised that you have to pay for all shore excursions and speciality restaurants in advance. Both times we have cruised with Princess our booked shore excursions have simply been added to our onboard account. I wonder why P&O do this?

Good morning one and all,

We're on ventura on N516 (Spain, Portugal & the Canaries), leaving Southampton on 11th June.

I'd like to book The Epicurean for one of our four formal nights, but I can't find anywhere that tells me the actual dates that the formal nights will fall on. Would it be safe to assume that one of the formal nights will be on the first full sea day?

As an aside, I am very surprised that you have to pay for all shore excursions and speciality restaurants in advance. Both times we have cruised with Princess our booked shore excursions have simply been added to our onboard account. I wonder why P&O do this?

Last question first, because some people booked trips before they went and then cancelled when on board. This was to stop that

Your formal nights will be on sea days. Second night out, and second to last moving back with two in the middle.

The formal nights are normally on sea days but are not set in stone we have had them moved in the past due to sea conditions and is at the discretion whoever makes the decision onboard so there is no guarantee they will be on certain days.

You don't HAVE to pay for all excursions and dining before you board - you cold wait until on the ship to book them.

Well, that's certainly true! However, I'd rather make sure that I can get on the excursion that I want. I'll probably leave booking the Epicurean until on board - you never know, they may have some special offers :D

Thanks for your replies, folks.

I'll be returning to Southampton on the Ventura on 11th June, from our Med cruise. I shall try and ensure that the ship is nice and clean for you:)

By the way, if we are disembarking in say the morning, how do they manage to clean and prepare the ship in time for the next lot of passengers embarking later that day?

Ive booked one excursion in advance, but obviously that means we have to pay up front and can't use our on board credit. Ive heard that they hold back 10% of excursions for passengers to purchase when onboard. Not sure if this is true?

Edited by Big Stevie

I'll be returning to Southampton on the Ventura on 11th June, from our Med cruise. I shall try and ensure that the ship is nice and clean for you:)

By the way, if we are disembarking in say the morning, how do they manage to clean and prepare the ship in time for the next lot of passengers embarking later that day?

with a lot of very fast cleaners I presume!