Royal Caribbean Website Update

Plan a Cruise (Top) > Find a Cruise

Once you click on that, it shows all available cruises and doesn't eliminate any cruises. On the left, there are filters where you can select state, military discounts, etc.

Thanks. I have done this on ie and chrome and it still shows the same cruises without filtering. In the past, I would click on the state and it would only show me those cruises. The same for senior and military.

O.K. tried again, at least the date thing is better for me, but still do not like it, guess I am so automated because I check everyday for reductions and am so used to doing it the old way....I will be patient and practice.

I've had several...and I totally agree with monctonguy

I hate it....takes 10 times longer to do a mock up, totally inconvenient. You can't even input dates, you have to scroll through a calendar....not good.:(

Sorry RCCL just how I see it. Lots of fluff and more user unfriendly.

change is hard, but we should not state our opinion is a fact :o

Edited by John&LaLa

I didn't say anything about facts, I said that's just how I see it and I'm entitled to an opinion just like you are.

But you agreed with moncoguy and he stated his opinion was fact. I did not mean to offend

I just went into the new setup and I do not like it. I put in my upcoming cruise and every time you click on a box it goes to update and goes back up to the top, so you have to scroll down every time that you click on the next box, it is annoying Also after you go into the new pages then it brings you back to the old setup pages.

But you agreed with moncoguy and he stated his opinion was fact. I did not mean to offend

So you meant to criticize his statement not mine??? I still think you were rather antagonistic with your coffee comment. I was only agreeing that I thought it was inconvenient and I didn't care for it.

I've practiced a bit more now and its becoming easier, but I still think it takes longer to navigate. And that is my opinion not a fact. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

Dear Royal Caribbean,

Thanks for the heads up about the website maintenance, and while I have your attention I'd like to express myself:

IMO....get rid of the BOGO scam and go back to standard pricing!

Between the constant BOGO scams, the many unhappy cruisers posting one negative comment after another, C&A members bickering among themselves as to who is or isn't entitled to the few 'perks' that have survived the many cut backs....I've lost interest in cruising. So very sorry I got sucked into booking so many future cruises while onboard. No more future bookings for me...looking forward to seeing my reservation numbers disappear from 'My Cruises'. Time for something different, or at least a different cruise line.

The very same customers who were your best advertisers at one time, now have had it with all the scams, cutbacks, are very frustrated with customer service reps who are inconsistent and usually unable to resolve their issues, and the many rude and disinterested crew members who only appear near the end of the cruise when it's time to beg for a high rating so they don't lose tables or working benefits on the next cruise.

Royal Caribbean's reputation is sinking fast!

Uh oh, and here I'm ready to book my first Royal Cruise for June 2016. Scams, late posting of rates for June 2016. WOW, this doesn't sound promising. :(

Just tried a mock booking- and like it. Especially being able to narrow down to more specific dates.

I was using Chrome, and it was really quick.

Couple of thing-

First- when does RCI anticipate the new web theme filtering through the entire reservation system? It's all new until you hit "Book Now" where it reverts to the previous layout.

Second- I like the addition of the rate information on the left side after you narrow down the cruise choices. BUT- when you hit "Book Now" it takes you to the page that asks, and already answers the questions. With the addition of the filtering on the search page, it seems as if this page is no longer needed- except perhaps the number of rooms and guests.

For the second point, I do see that this re-direct is when it switches from the new theme to the previous theme- so that may be addressed at some time.

Anyway, works for me. No major issues.

(10:30 EST, Chrome, running off of Windows 7)

GEEZ! Everyone give RCCL a break. Software updates are a HUGE complicated task. Nothing ever goes smoothly. Some of your problems are actually caused by your own PC settings. There are so many options and intricacies that they have to work out as each possible problem comes up in their monitoring system. They have to run tests, and can't do it if you are crashing their site. You all have no idea how much work they are doing. It takes time! Everyone log out now, and take a chill-pill!

GEEZ! Everyone give RCCL a break. Software updates are a HUGE complicated task. Nothing ever goes smoothly. Some of your problems are actually caused by your own PC settings. There are so many options and intricacies that they have to work out as each possible problem comes up in their monitoring system. They have to run tests, and can't do it if you are crashing their site. You all have no idea how much work they are doing. It takes time! Everyone log out now, and take a chill-pill!

I design software for a living. You do NOT release it until it has been tested and re-tested, on all platforms, and under a variety of situations including heavy volume.. This does not look like fully vetted software. Sorry.

As many of you have noted, we made an update last night to our web site, http://www.RoyalCaribbean.com.

For now, we welcome your feedback and thank you for continuing to be loyal to Royal Caribbean.

I have only had time to do 2 things on the new site, visit crown and anchor. This seems to be the same with doing the same amount of clicks to visit the info.

The other was to visit a cruise already booked as if I wanted to book the cruise. While the new site finally took me to where I wanted to go it seemed to be several more clicks to get there over what the old site required

Summary, while I think the new site looks fine so far I do believe that in order to do certain task more clicks are required, something that we should not have to do if the new site is new and improved. In other words, each improvement should make the process easier. I would say that for most of us that used your site on a regular basis we will be able to work the new site. The new site seems to move faster.

Cut down on clicks required to do booking functions

Edited by setsail

Not bad so far......

I found Advance Search under the Find a Cruise box and that is working OK......

On Chrome with no problems so far.

Edited by CVU

I'm a software tester. You don't test on your production database. You fix the problems in Development and testing *before* you implement the changes in production. Firefox is a major browser. (I'm only one version back at 35.0.1, BTW, Royal) It would have taken two seconds to test and see that it doesn't load at all. I've seen so many issues on their website that I've even told people at work I should moonlight for RCCL, and have them pay me in free cruises. :D

...Firefox is a major browser. (I'm only one version back at 35.0.1, BTW, Royal) It would have taken two seconds to test and see that it doesn't load at all...

I use Firefox exclusively and haven't had a problem all morning.

BTW, Royal, I'm also back at 35.0.1 and absolutely love the new set-up! Again, great job with the site!

I just learned of this change this morning when I searched a cruise. I think it's a HUGE improvement. Picking any date range is great, and not having cruises disappear from the results when entering applicable discounts is also great.

Can anyone do a search on March 2015 cruises? I can't. It keeps resetting the date to April. It is literally impossible for me to find a cruise that sails this month.

I design software for a living. You do NOT release it until it has been tested and re-tested, on all platforms, and under a variety of situations including heavy volume.. This does not look like fully vetted software. Sorry.

Unfortunately in my experience, way too many companies do exactly that!

I just went into the new setup and I do not like it. I put in my upcoming cruise and every time you click on a box it goes to update and goes back up to the top, so you have to scroll down every time that you click on the next box, it is annoying Also after you go into the new pages then it brings you back to the old setup pages.

Yes, the scrolling down every time you add an update is annoying.

Edited by marci22

I cannot get filtering working. I've tried ie, firefox and crome. Only ipad (ios) works, but even then I only can access first page of the available, which was showing 3 with my filtering choises.

Frustrating. Just when I need to find quickly availabilities since Royal just informed they have cancelled my future cruise completely. My cruise for Navigator Feb 20, 2016 was changed from 8 to 5 days but the 5 days is not offered as substitute at all. And I am stuck with that particular week due to spring break in FInland. Now I cannot see options.

I am going to cry soon.