Royal Caribbean Website Update

Works great from me on IE. Doesn't load at all using Chrome. I wonder how many potential paying customers are giving up looking because they may not know to try a different browser:confused:

Better get it fixed quick or that could become an expensive website upgrade. What ever happened to Beta testing these types of changes??

Works great from me on IE. Doesn't load at all using Chrome. I wonder how many potential paying customers are giving up looking because they may not know to try a different browser:confused:

Better get it fixed quick or that could become an expensive website upgrade. What ever happened to Beta testing these types of changes??

Based on some poster's information on how well it works on various browsers, I don't think they know it's an issue.

I tried on a new IE, Chrome, Safari, and Firefox on a laptop and it worked fine. I find it quite possible that RCI got fresh loaded versions of all the browsers and has the same experience that it works fine.

Then again, my computer is always running some anti-maleware software so it's constantly cleaning cache and cookies.

The only browser that does not work for me is IE8 on a compuer that I can't change. But the RCCL site is far from the only one that I can't use with that browser.

It appears that the problem is not the browser, but rather:

1) The latest version of the browser.

2) A clean version.

Chrome did not work for me until I cleared its cache. I suspect that is the issue for others having problems logging in. But you are right, this could cause Royal Caribbean to lose some business.

Just tried out the new website and it still isn't working.

With Firefox 35.0.1 it wouldn't come up at all. Got the constant flashing "Connecting" message in the tab header and finally had to close the tab.

With IE 11.0.16 the page did come up. I logged into my C&A account and then went to look up the cruise I'm going on in July (I do this every day to check and see if the prices have dropped or a better cabin has opened up). Finding a cruise was an incredibly frustrating experience. I had to select each individual component and after every mouse click I had to wait while it did some kind of loading. Even after I put in the exact dates, length, departure port, destination, and name of ship for my cruise it was still showing over 600 choices - until I left the page and then hit the back-arrow to return to it.

I have been a software developer for 25 years and, frankly, I would get fired if I released a tool that was this buggy. I suspect RCI might be outsourcing their IT to the same people that eBay uses..... ;)

Just tried out the new website and it still isn't working.

With Firefox 35.0.1 it wouldn't come up at all. Got the constant flashing "Connecting" message in the tab header and finally had to close the tab.

With IE 11.0.16 the page did come up. I logged into my C&A account and then went to look up the cruise I'm going on in July (I do this every day to check and see if the prices have dropped or a better cabin has opened up). Finding a cruise was an incredibly frustrating experience. I had to select each individual component and after every mouse click I had to wait while it did some kind of loading. Even after I put in the exact dates, length, departure port, destination, and name of ship for my cruise it was still showing over 600 choices - until I left the page and then hit the back-arrow to return to it.

I have been a software developer for 25 years and, frankly, I would get fired if I released a tool that was this buggy. I suspect RCI might be outsourcing their IT to the same people that eBay uses..... ;)

If you look at post # 201 you will see that I logged on using Firefox 35.0.1. Now I am using Firefox 36.0. Have you tried clearing your cookies and clearing your cache?

As to your other comments, I agree with you.

Edited by Cuizer2

One more update - works fine on Firefox on my laptop (same version of Firefox).

Of course, this is my work laptop. Think they'll mind me doing my vacation planning while I work? :eek:

Not if you get your work done on time. :)

If you look at post # 201 you will see that I logged on using Firefox 35.0.1. Now I am using Firefox 36.0. Have you tried clearing your cookies and clearing your cache?

As to your other comments, I agree with you.

Yes, I updated to Firefox 36.0 on the desktop and cleared out everything but still go the same result. The Firefox version on the laptop (which works) is 31.5.0 ESR.

I had an interesting experience with the new website. I am using Firefox 36.0. When I signed in check my cruises and cruise history everything was OK. However, when I signed into my wife's account, I received a warning date of birth does not match Crown and Anchors data. Looking at the profile it was my information (DOB, address, etc.) minus the C&A number.

I figured I signed in using my password. Did it again using her info, and the same warning came up.

Called C&A Diamond Plus and spoke to Kennedy. We did several trouble shooting tasks, which did not change the profile. She logged in using my wife's info, and received the same fault message.

She spent at least 10 minutes working on the problem, and my wife's info was corrected. She had no idea how this happened. I was very impressed with Kennedy's assistance.

It appears that the problem is not the browser, but rather:

1) The latest version of the browser.

2) A clean version.

Chrome did not work for me until I cleared its cache. I suspect that is the issue for others having problems logging in. But you are right, this could cause Royal Caribbean to lose some business.

I couldn't get it to work on Chrome, even after clearing cached information, but I eventually figured out that it would load, if I put in the royalcaribbean.com URL, instead of the rccl.com short-cut.

Has anyone every priced their cruise on the US site vs the UK site. I did this morning and was completely shocked at the price difference! My cruise, booked through the US is over $1000 more compared to the UK site, even with the exchange rate!! That is extremely disappointing Royal Caribbean:eek:

Yes, I updated to Firefox 36.0 on the desktop and cleared out everything but still go the same result. The Firefox version on the laptop (which works) is 31.5.0 ESR.

Perhaps Royal Caribbean doesn't like your home. Try your neighbor, see if Royal Caribbean likes your neighbor any better.

Seriously, I don't know what to say.

Perhaps Royal Caribbean doesn't like your home. Try your neighbor, see if Royal Caribbean likes your neighbor any better.

ROTFL! That made me laugh.

I'm not too worried about it working or not working on different machines or browsers. It's incredibly difficult to support all the different browsers and their versions, not to mention different types of machines, mobile devices, etc. I figure the IT guys are working hard to get it all straightened out.

BUT having to wait for loading every time I click a button is (probably) a design flaw, and the choices still not being updated even after I wait for loading is (probably) a bug. Unless there's supposed to be some kind of "Update Choices" button that would refresh the list.

Oh well. I'll just do more work and less looking at cruises.... :)

Canadian funds also a problem. I changed country, good & well but when I input Quebec as province and & hit enter, funds change to US $'s. Tried it 3 times & gave up!!:mad:

Is anyone else having problems filtering military, senior and resident rates? When I click on those it still shows all 620 cruises. It should show only those with military, senior etc rates. I know that there are still some cruises with those rates.

Went on line yesterday to complete and run off our set sail passes for our forthcoming cruise on VOS. When I got to stage 4 (print) mine came up and printed okay but when I tried to do the one for my wife all that appears on the screen is an error message HTTP500 - website error. I guess this is all linked to the website hiccups and we still have a couple of weeks before the cruise so not panicking yet, but if anyone knows how to get round this would welcome advice - nothing too technical please - I thought Firefox was a film Clint Eastwood did about 40 years ago!! :)

Went on line yesterday to complete and run off our set sail passes for our forthcoming cruise on VOS. When I got to stage 4 (print) mine came up and printed okay but when I tried to do the one for my wife all that appears on the screen is an error message HTTP500 - website error. I guess this is all linked to the website hiccups and we still have a couple of weeks before the cruise so not panicking yet, but if anyone knows how to get round this would welcome advice - nothing too technical please - I thought Firefox was a film Clint Eastwood did about 40 years ago!! :)

Just curious, why do you need to print one for your wife as well? One per cabin should be sufficient... I've never printed more than one.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Forums mobile app

Just curious, why do you need to print one for your wife as well? One per cabin should be sufficient... I've never printed more than one.

OP is in the UK and they do things differently there.