Half Moon Cay - Captain Morgan Bar

taxmantoo

Now that the Hal Cats seem permanently gone from HAL ships, does anyone who recently visited HMC know if there is still music in the Captain Morgan Bar? If live music, who provides it? Or is it simply recorded music?

We would normally get our lunch from the b-b-q and bring into the bar, get a drink, and listen to whoever was playing.

On February 1st Nieuw Amsterdam sailing, it was the steel drum man. He was terrific.

Anyone have any recent pictures of Half Moon Cay? We haven't been there since 2011 and between 2008 and 2011 there were a lot of changes made! Would love to see what it is like now................

On February 1st Nieuw Amsterdam sailing, it was the steel drum man. He was terrific.

We have had the luck to have some really good Hal Cat singers/bands in the past and while I can appreciate steel drums, once you've heard one you've heard them all. I guess this is in keeping with HAL cutting costs ... one musician instead of six :rolleyes: Problem is that the one musician shows up everywhere : sail away, pool, Crow's Nest, Half Moon Cay... Kind of get's on your nerves after 15 or 21 days! Let's hope they do something different in the Baltics and Mediterranean.

Thank you so much for sharing the photos! We haven't been there since 2011 - between 2007 and 2011 they built the pirate ship bar and I was hopeful that they hadn't continued building up the island as we love it just the way we first saw it!

I am so excited for this next week that I am having trouble focusing at work!

We have had the luck to have some really good Hal Cat singers/bands in the past and while I can appreciate steel drums, once you've heard one you've heard them all.

Agree...we've all heard the usual steel drum bands, but this one person was different and very good. He plays a "steel pan" and was quite talented and fun to listen to because he played recognizable songs. People were dancing in the bar and singing along out on the beach.

I've enjoyed the Hal Cats too, and was a bit skeptical when I read that Al and his steel pan would be in the HMC pirate bar. But he was a hit with everyone. :)

Agree...we've all heard the usual steel drum bands, but this one person was different and very good. He plays a "steel pan" and was quite talented and fun to listen to because he played recognizable songs. People were dancing in the bar and singing along out on the beach.

I've enjoyed the Hal Cats too, and was a bit skeptical when I read that Al and his steel pan would be in the HMC pirate bar. But he was a hit with everyone. :)

Thanks for adding more info. Hopefully, that same person will still be on board and we will have a good time. Sounds like fun :)

Oooo, I'd like that. I love steel drums when sailing warm waters. :)

I have serious xm radio in my car and play Latin music all the time. Makes me feel Caribbean with 9' of snow on the ground. :)