Mayan Ruin Excursion

cruiselover0929

• 4 months later...
giving this a bump. We are also interested in this. Especially which beach this is at.'

thanks,

Bobbie

Found the following link on YouTube:

Published on Dec 20, 2013This is the beach area you are taken to as part of the Carnival Cruise excursion " Mayan Frontier by Horseback and Ecolounge Beach".

I haven't done the excursion but the video shows Punta Morena, if that is the beach they are still using.

The ruins on Cozumel are not worth the entry fee. If you are mainly interested on horseback riding and a beach this should be OK. But the ruins are nothing compared to those on the mainland such as Tulum and Coba.

The ruins on Cozumel are not worth the entry fee. If you are mainly interested on horseback riding and a beach this should be OK. But the ruins are nothing compared to those on the mainland such as Tulum and Coba.

If you are referring to the San Gervasio ruins I don't believe the horseback tour goes to them. If you are referring to the ruins they actually visit some people have said they are replicas but I didn't know there was an admission fee.

San Gervasio obviously doesn't compare with the ruins on the mainland and is not a "must-do" tour for a first-time visit to Cozumel, nevertheless we enjoyed our walk around the ruins and didn't think it was expensive for the price - maybe the price has gone up?

We'll be visiting Progreso and Cozumel.

I'm obsessed with ancient history so I would love to visit the Mayan ruins.

which would be best (or a must see) at either port?

and can I manage more than 1 in a day? are there tours that take you to more than 1 place?

thanks much.

and can I manage more than 1 in a day? are there tours that take you to more than 1 place?

thanks much.

Any tour to see the ruins at Coba or Tulum, etc. from Coz I would only do through the cruise line because of the logistics - ship to ferry, ferry to Playa del Carmen, bus to ruins, tour, and reverse everything to get back to the ship. It will be an all day and likely exhausting affair. :(

Progresso, which I have not been to (yet!) may be your best bet.

thanks much.

Uxmal from Progresso is what we plan to do this fall.