Uk to us cruise with criminal record?

Huh?

DON

:D Rolling on the floor laughing, Don -- your "legal-zoom" analogy really tickled me!

And folks -- we'd all better get ready for more "trolling" threads (as this one appears to be). Spring break is upon us, and there will LOTS more bored kids on the internet, than there will be on cruise ships! :eek:

Trolling..........thats a good one....love it. I have been on boards that were started over a year out and there have been a couple that someone had "signed" on early, got into the conversations, planning, opinions, gung ho all for the cruise, then at the last minute...someone in the "family" got a devistating diagnosis and they had to cancel, only to find out all along they hadn't even booked the cruise. By the way, they usually had over 10,000 posts, in less than two years..........professional poster. Always someone with tooooo much time.......

Trolling..........thats a good one....love it. I have been on boards that were started over a year out and there have been a couple that someone had "signed" on early, got into the conversations, planning, opinions, gung ho all for the cruise, then at the last minute...someone in the "family" got a devistating diagnosis and they had to cancel, only to find out all along they hadn't even booked the cruise. By the way, they usually had over 10,000 posts, in less than two years..........professional poster. Always someone with tooooo much time.......

Think that's bad you should see the trolls on mommy boards. I've seen woman fake pregnancy that end in miscarriage more times then I would like to. Most of the time they are pregnant with twins. They keep this up for months before being caught.

Think that's bad you should see the trolls on mommy boards. I've seen woman fake pregnancy that end in miscarriage more times then I would like to. Most of the time they are pregnant with twins. They keep this up for months before being caught.

Thats SICK..................NOW back to us CRUISE LOVERS.....HAPPY CRUISING EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure that this happens, but how do you find out that they hadn't even booked the cruise.

I don't doubt for 1 second Op was for real, and seriously asking this question.

After 31 years as a 9-1-1 dispatcher you would not believe some of the stupid questions and statements that people call us with.

I don't mean people who have never been in a situation or have no experience and have no clue how to go about a process .

Some you can blame on a booze or drug soaked mind, but some are just winners plain and simple .

I am sure that this happens, but how do you find out that they hadn't even booked the cruise.

I think that you rarely ever do find that out, for sure. :rolleyes:

Sounds like something that happened on one of my R/C roll-call threads, several years ago. About eight months out, a young woman, who said she was a solo cruiser from Alaska joined us. It was her first cruise, and she was very enthusiastic about our Mariner of the Seas to the Mexican Riviera itinerary. But, although she talked a lot about the cruise ports, and chatted about personal stuff -- she (oddly enough) never asked any questions about the ship, or the cruising experience, itself. She was an enthusiastic, and likeable enough r/c'er -- no problems with anyone on thread. Then, several months before final payment, she simply disappeared, without a word (and never turned up again). Those of us on the r/c wondered whether to worry about / feel sorry for her ..... or, if we'd simply been "had". :confused:

Edited by wwcruisers

I think that you rarely ever do find that out, for sure. :rolleyes:

Sounds like something that happened on one of my R/C roll-call threads, several years ago. About eight months out, a young woman, who said she was a solo cruiser from Alaska joined us. It was her first cruise, and she was very enthusiastic about our Mariner of the Seas to the Mexican Riviera itinerary. But, although she talked a lot about the cruise ports, and chatted about personal stuff -- she (oddly enough) never asked any questions about the ship, or the cruising experience, itself. She was an enthusiastic, and likeable enough r/c'er -- no problems with anyone on thread. Then, several months before final payment, she simply disappeared, without a word (and never turned up again). Those of us on the r/c wondered whether to worry about / feel sorry for her ..... or, if we'd simply been "had". :confused:

I wasn't in the "know" about how the charade came out, but apparently someone knew someone who............But you can actually go to a persons "posts" and get some kind of an idea from those, if you see that person is posting on many different cruises, thats pretty much a give a way.......You just get that "feeling" somethings not right.

I had to google to learn what ABH stands for. :o

Is that a UK description...... likely what we call assault and battery (possibly with a deadly weapon)?

Sorry yes Actual Bodily Harm is usually something like a bar fight level. Which actually was the issue with that particular man he got into a bar fight 20 years previously.

Grievous Bodily Harm Is someone intended to do a lot of damage and there is often a weapon involved.

I wasn't in the "know" about how the charade came out, but apparently someone knew someone who............But you can actually go to a persons "posts" and get some kind of an idea from those, if you see that person is posting on many different cruises, thats pretty much a give a way.......You just get that "feeling" somethings not right.

A couple of times I have simultaneously posted on more than one role call - when I was trying to decide which itinerary to book - to get a feel for the ports, the ships and, yes, possible cruise mates. But, I always made it clear that I was "window shopping" - and I did sign off with a farewell when I opted out of an itinerary.

A couple of times I have simultaneously posted on more than one role call - when I was trying to decide which itinerary to book - to get a feel for the ports, the ships and, yes, possible cruise mates. But, I always made it clear that I was "window shopping" - and I did sign off with a farewell when I opted out of an itinerary.

Its a definite fact that a lot of people "window shop" and thats a great way to pick your new cruise. You can get a "feel" of what kind of folks are cruising, that's why I indicated you can get "that feeling" knowing when something isn't right. An a lot more often than not, folks just decide that particular cruise is not for them or an emergency arises and they graciously bow out. Its those "mystery" folks that keeps the boards "humming"

Davedaviea2012---where ever you are ..............Thanks for the "thought of the day"

I don't post on Roll Calls but for the last 20+ years, my late DH and I often had 4-6 cruises booked at a time. Some were more than a year out. HAD I chosen to post to roll calls, would I have been thought a phony or suspicious because I was posting on 4 or 5 roll calls? There are some (admittedly very fortunate) people who have a number of cruises to look forward to. My late DH never wanted to board a cruise without knowing he had another booked. :)

It's easy to make assumptions and jump to conclusions...... and it is easy to be mistaken, sometimes.

Sorry yes Actual Bodily Harm is usually something like a bar fight level. Which actually was the issue with that particular man he got into a bar fight 20 years previously.

Grievous Bodily Harm Is someone intended to do a lot of damage and there is often a weapon involved.

Thank you. :)

Not totally right, and it will vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

Punch someone in the stomach and bruise him, ABH, punch him in the same spot and rupture his spleen GBH it is all about the amount of harm caused. Give hm a black eye ABH fracture his eye socket GBH.

I don't post on Roll Calls but for the last 20+ years, my late DH and I often had 4-6 cruises booked at a time. Some were more than a year out. HAD I chosen to post to roll calls, would I have been thought a phony or suspicious because I was posting on 4 or 5 roll calls? There are some (admittedly very fortunate) people who have a number of cruises to look forward to. My late DH never wanted to board a cruise without knowing he had another booked. :)

It's easy to make assumptions and jump to conclusions...... and it is easy to be mistaken, sometimes.

I admire your late DH, good way to live. However, just curious, please don't jump all over me. but, I am an inquiring mind, but, how can you not post on roll calls, and have 71,580 posts, so if you chose to post.....would you be thought as a phony? You, I highly doubt it, but again its all in the content of the post.

Once we decide on a cruise (most recently trans-Atlantic repositionings) we get active on roll calls, finding them a great way to share pre-cruise activity and transfers to the port - we have done three T/A's from Rome, and sharing a van with three other couples to the port of Civita Vecchia after a few days in Rome, is an economical and comfortable alternative to the train or expensive taxi. It is also a good way to,pick up ideas about activities I ports of call.

We, also, like to have at least one cruise to look forward to - this year it's just a straight shot: Southampton - New York, after staying with my sister near London. Because it really is more just transportation rather than cruise, no one else has joined our roll call for Nov. 5 QM2 sailing -- which we chose after considering Celebrity itinerary stopping in Boston, New York and Bermuda before Florida. I was sorely tempted, and liked the people on the roll call, but my wife vetoed the idea of having to fly back to NY to get back to Connecticut.

(She wins at least half the time.)

I admire your late DH, good way to live. However, just curious, please don't jump all over me. but, I am an inquiring mind, but, how can you not post on roll calls, and have 71,580 posts, so if you chose to post.....would you be thought as a phony? You, I highly doubt it, but again its all in the content of the post.

I don't post on Roll Calls because I do not want to participate in excursion sharing so there is no reason for me to get involved in those conversations. I don't want to do gift exchanges, cabin crawls, give my full name and cabin number to the organizer so they can drop things in my mailbox :) and generally, DH and I were happiest meeting new friends along the way, traveling with the friends from other cruises or enjoying ourselves together. I am so grateful now, seeing I have lost him after 47 years as a couple, that we did so very much travel starting as soon as we were able.

Roll Calls do not interest me. But that is only my personal view of them. I fully understand why others think they are terrific.

Thank you for assuring me I wouldn't be thought a phony or suspicious if I had been posting to Roll Calls. :) I'm not sure how one can decide that without actually know more about a poster but I suppose some can.

I don't post on Roll Calls because I do not want to participate in excursion sharing so there is no reason for me to get involved in those conversations. I don't want to do gift exchanges, cabin crawls, give my full name and cabin number to the organizer so they can drop things in my mailbox :) and generally, DH and I were happiest meeting new friends along the way, traveling with the friends from other cruises or enjoying ourselves together. I am so grateful now, seeing I have lost him after 47 years as a couple, that we did so very much travel starting as soon as we were able.

Roll Calls do not interest me. But that is only my personal view of them. I fully understand why others think they are terrific.

Thank you for assuring me I wouldn't be thought a phony or suspicious if I had been posting to Roll Calls. :) I'm not sure how one can decide that without actually know more about a poster but I suppose some can.

Ok, I am having a DUH day. NOW I understand....you don't post on specific cruise roll calls, but are more than active on all other boards sharing information about cruise lines, on board amenities and such......As for cruise Roll Calls, I do tend to agree with you about sharing private information to "strangers". As you see I do not provide my city or personal information in my public view. I, as well, do not disclose my cabin number to anyone, but as to participating in different activities I do enjoy. I just love recieving something from other parts of the country or world. I have a photo album that I put hard copies of that particular cruise in, and a nice bottle of wine. If I feel that someone is "true" I have them communicate to me by my private email. I have also entertained people in my city that have passed through on the way to the cruise, introducing them to our cuisine, and in return, they had us as their guests in their city. I also have a standing invitation to someone who we have cruised with for the past five years, to come here and have dinner with us. Cruising is a wonderful way to connect and perhaps reconnect with people whose company you enjoy. And its also a way to spend some "me" time to enjoy the trip. Its totally up to that person to pick and chose what applies to them.

Well, not to go too OT here, but I think that an r/c should really be about having everyone participate at his/her own comfort level. The r/c organizers should be sensitive to the fact that many folks don't feel comfortable sharing personal information on a public website. I'm currently keeping the r/c list for one of my upcoming cruises (and, I was drafted, I didn't volunteer ;)). My approach is to welcome everyone. Whatever information they feel comfortable giving me goes onto the list. In some cases, that is just the person's screen name -- which is fine with me. :cool:

Well, not to go too OT here, but I think that an r/c should really be about having everyone participate at his/her own comfort level. The r/c organizers should be sensitive to the fact that many folks don't feel comfortable sharing personal information on a public website. I'm currently keeping the r/c list for one of my upcoming cruises (and, I was drafted, I didn't volunteer ;)). My approach is to welcome everyone. Whatever information they feel comfortable giving me goes onto the list. In some cases, that is just the person's screen name -- which is fine with me. :cool:

Great approach. Makes everyone feel welcome to become as involved as they wish or as minimally so as makes them happy. :) Good job. :)

ABH - actual bodily harm. GBH - greivous bodily harm.

Perfect. I get it. Thank you. :)