Lido self serve?

hunt182644

Recently had the pleasure of a two week cruise on NA. It had been several years since we cruised with Hal. Was not surprised to see staff serving food in the Lido as this was the way it was on last trip for the first two days. This remained the norm for entire trip, wondering if this is now Hal policy. This did not create a problem for us, hopefully it will help curtail the spread of germs. Also should help cut down on waste, as my Dad used to say eyes bigger than stomach.:eek:

Anyone sailing on the NA in upcoming weeks and you have anytime dining. If you like to dine just with your favorite someone and like abit of privacy ask for table 127. It sets back in a corner of dining room with a column next to you to form a semi private nook. We enjoyed our meals there in our private space. I don't know if they switch servers around but if you are lucky you will have Asep and Gede. They made our meals very enjoyable and entertaining, tell them hi from Robert and Linda. Tell Gede our daughter loved the Dalmation .

On our recent Zuiderdam cruise, there was no code yellow the first two days as has been in the past. So one could get drinks, salad, pastries, desserts, etc on our own. I believe HAL has always served the hot foods in what they call the Bistro - eggs, meats, pancakes etc at breakfast and hot entrees at lunch.

Yes, this is the way they handle things now. It was in existence for my November cruise and I know it was in existence before that. They change the tongs/serving spoons often.

Edited by cruz chic

On our recent Zuiderdam cruise, there was no code yellow the first two days as has been in the past. So one could get drinks, salad, pastries, desserts, etc on our own. I believe HAL has always served the hot foods in what they call the Bistro - eggs, meats, pancakes etc at breakfast and hot entrees at lunch.

That's what we found on the Nieuw Amsterdam this past November. It sort of surprised us as we have always had them serve the first two days.

We were on the Zaandam last summer and loved the automatic handwasher that was at the entrance to the Lido.

On the new Princess ships they have a hand wash station in the buffet restaurant. If people would only wash their hands frequently there would be much less illness on ships.

Yes, this is the way they handle things now. It was in existence for my November cruise and I know it was in existence before that. They change the tongs/serving spoons often.

Yes, I noticed the changing of the tongs as well. It appeared to be about every half hour. I was impressed.

Nothing was ever mentioned about code red some items you could serve yourself. All hot items were served, as it had been several years since being on Hal. Guess I could chalk up not remembering to a senior moment.:D

Nothing was ever mentioned about code red some items you could serve yourself. All hot items were served, as it had been several years since being on Hal. Guess I could chalk up not remembering to a senior moment.:D

Thanks for explaining, this sounds typical.

That's what we found on the Nieuw Amsterdam this past November. It sort of surprised us as we have always had them serve the first two days.

We were on the Zaandam last summer and loved the automatic handwasher that was at the entrance to the Lido.

On the new Princess ships they have a hand wash station in the buffet restaurant. If people would only wash their hands frequently there would be much less illness on ships.

Veendam has two of the hand washing stations near the entrance from Lido pool on port side..... near the area used for Canaletto.

It was known as Code Orange not Yellow! ;)