NEW Suite Upgrades....

This artical, and I believe the initial announcement, quoted Vicki Freed saying details would come in the fall of this year to be rolled out in 2016.

You can edit your post. You don't have to create a new post (unless you want to).

The following information was found in a 2011-2012 Travel Agents Guide that was given to me from our former Travel Agent.

Deluxe Accommodations: Oasis of the Seas

Royal Loft Suite with Balcony---1

Royal Suite with Balcony--------1

Presidential Suite with Balcony--1

Sky Loft Suite with Balcony-----2

Aqua Theater Suite with Balcony-6

Crown Loft Suite with Balcony---25

Owners Suite with Balcony------10

Royal Family Suite with Balcony--4

Grand Suite with Balcony--------30

This shows the total Suites on the Oasis before last years' dry dock to be 80 Suites. I am aware that additional Suites have been added along with some being eliminated during dry dock. While I have not taken the time to make adjustments for the present number of Suites, that total is no where near the 260 Suites that were quoted in the article.

Also before dry dock 86 Junior Suites were listed.

The total you list is 80. If there are 50 JS (I have not counted) that would make 130. 130 x 2 = 260.

Here is the statement ...

"but Oasis and Allure of the Seas have 260 suites in six categories."

It says Oasis and Allure have 260 suites. It does not say that Oasis and Allure have 260 suites each.

The total you list is 80. If there are 50 JS (I have not counted) that would make 130. 130 x 2 = 260.

Here is the statement ...

"but Oasis and Allure of the Seas have 260 suites in six categories."

It says Oasis and Allure have 260 suites. It does not say that Oasis and Allure have 260 suites each.

That makes sense.

Total I listed was 80 full Suites. I also noted that there were 86 Junior Suites before dry dock.

This totaled 166 Suites if you included Junior Suites. If she was talking about both the Allure and Oasis the total would be 332 Suites.

Any updates yet?

No. [emoji53] but on the bright side it looks like RCCL is finally adding Internet packages to the menu of pre cruise purchases! Hopefully that means a more consistent pricing structure coming also.The downside to this, is that it will be one less thing I will be able to use our OBC on.

682b03987daf34f6d1a6b7b908e93930.jpg

No. [emoji53] but on the bright side it looks like RCCL is finally adding Internet packages to the menu of pre cruise purchases! Hopefully that means a more consistent pricing structure coming also.The downside to this, is that it will be one less thing I will be able to use our OBC on.

I'm sure Royal will still allow internet purchase onboard.

Our internet access on our recent GR cruise was the worse ever. Between the two of us, we had four 24 hour segments to use free. Signing up to purchase on line, on board, was at best almost OK. But, the D+ discount was "Unavailable now, please go to Guest Relations to obtain your D+ discount." Stood in line at GR on GR 4 times to secure our D+ discount. And when we got there, it didn't always work there. "Come back later, our computers won't load". By the end of the cruise, all was OK billing wise, but it took until the final billing statement on the final morning to know that.

Would not pre-pay for this before boarding.

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd

I know thst P&O do various offers when on board to encourage purchasing internet mins. However on our last RCI cruise a few years ago the prices were extortionate and we decided to use Free WiFi when ashore to send messages. I am trying to remember if RCI did any offers whilst on board and i cannot recall that they did, it was a fixed price.

In reading on another blog site,they will offer a 10% discount for ordering online before your cruise. What has not been worked out yet is how to apply C&A discounts to the online ordering.

I know thst P&O do various offers when on board to encourage purchasing internet mins. However on our last RCI cruise a few years ago the prices were extortionate and we decided to use Free WiFi when ashore to send messages. I am trying to remember if RCI did any offers whilst on board and i cannot recall that they did, it was a fixed price.

On Allure at the moment, in a Suite. You can have a 5 day internet package for $15 per day, but if you take it for less than the 5 days (as we have, for our last day) it's $29 per individual day (less any applicable discount) So far it seems reasonably fast :)

On Allure at the moment, in a Suite. You can have a 5 day internet package for $15 per day, but if you take it for less than the 5 days (as we have, for our last day) it's $29 per individual day (less any applicable discount) So far it seems reasonably fast :)

I'm guessing that's for 5 consecutive days, correct ?

I usually test the onboard wireless speed a couple of times during a cruise. I've found it's usually in the 80-200K range, but have clocked speeds approaching 2M a couple of times.

What's BandwidthPlace.com or SpeedTest.net take on your current speed ? I use them both, periodically, at home to make sure I'm getting what I'm paying for. Good thing I just did - as it showed 2M and 25M respectively on two rounds of tests from my hardwired connection. They're usually not in such disagreement, but both are way below what I should expect from Brighthouse! On WiFi my cellphone just clocked in at 48M...

Time to restart my modem and router !

EDIT - now it's 6M, 29M, and 72M (WiFi)... better, but something's fishy in Denmark!

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...

I came across an acticle on a web site called travelpulse published July 16, 2015. This article called is called "Royal Caribbean Sets the Stage for Anthem of the Seas' US Debut".

In this article it states that 'Royal Caribbean will introduce, within the next 30 days, a new program called the Royal Suite Class'.

I won't hold my breath but seems that some news maybe coming soon. Hopefully by the middle of August.

Manny

I came across an acticle on a web site called travelpulse published July 16, 2015. This article called is called "Royal Caribbean Sets the Stage for Anthem of the Seas' US Debut".

In this article it states that 'Royal Caribbean will introduce, within the next 30 days, a new program called the Royal Suite Class'.

I won't hold my breath but seems that some news maybe coming soon. Hopefully by the middle of August.

Manny

Good spot! Thanks for posting! I don't plan on holding my breath either but you never know!!

In reading on another blog site,they will offer a 10% discount for ordering online before your cruise. What has not been worked out yet is how to apply C&A discounts to the online ordering.

Hello! I contacted Royal on this point. For what it is worth (lol), this is what they said:

image.jpg1_zps4lbnkcey.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello! I contacted Royal on this point. For what it is worth (lol), this is what they said:

image.jpg1_zps4lbnkcey.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is incorrect information--we were very recently told onboard to check the box when signing up for internet to use the discount. There is NO box!! When we told them there was no box, they said, oh well, just come to Guest Relations and have the charge removed from your account. It was definitely NOT automatic!!!

Linda (and C. D.)

This is incorrect information--we were very recently told onboard to check the box when signing up for internet to use the discount. There is NO box!! When we told them there was no box, they said, oh well, just come to Guest Relations and have the charge removed from your account. It was definitely NOT automatic!!!

Linda (and C. D.)

When we did Liberty last month and signed up for the internet, there was no box to check because after signing in with our SeaPass Card the discount for us was automatically applied to the package and our cost was $0.

Edited by cruisenfever