NEW Suite Upgrades....

Here is the link to the current "perks"

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=enhanced_program_for_suite_guests

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks Mark. Princess doesn't have the dining room menus for room service, I see. Also as of last August, they did not offer airline valet service. The unlimited laundry Princess did have was nice however. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

Technically summer doesn't start for another 13 minutes from the time of this post I'm making.

But ours in the UK is well and truly started and would think our Antipodean friends it is now well and truly now in their winter.

Its a big world for cruising.

But ours in the UK is well and truly started and would think our Antipodean friends it is now well and truly now in their winter.

Its a big world for cruising.

Summer starts on the summer solstice. It happens at the exact moment that the earth's axis is pointed as close to the sun as it will get. Doesn't matter the time zone you are in.

Summer solstice 2015 in the northern hemisphere occurred at June 21, 2015 16:39 UTC.

The winter solstice occurred in the southern hemisphere at the exact same time.

Summer starts on the summer solstice. It happens at the exact moment that the earth's axis is pointed as close to the sun as it will get. Doesn't matter the time zone you are in.

Summer solstice 2015 in the northern hemisphere occurred at June 21, 2015 16:39 UTC.

The winter solstice occurred in the southern hemisphere at the exact same time.

It's hot, regardless.

1434909477196.jpg.b191b23f8d8d59c8d0999e8bf1b2b952.jpg

Thanks Mark. Princess doesn't have the dining room menus for room service, I see. Also as of last August, they did not offer airline valet service. The unlimited laundry Princess did have was nice however. Gerry

My father, who primarily sails princess, reminds me about the free laundry every time I drag him on a Royal cruise. I hope free laundry is part of the new perks so I don't have to hear it again on Allure next October. [emoji2]

My father, who primarily sails princess, reminds me about the free laundry every time I drag him on a Royal cruise. I hope free laundry is part of the new perks so I don't have to hear it again on Allure next October. [emoji2]

Hal also had free laundry, but other perks are not as good as RCCL

My parents also had complimentary laundry on Holland America. Heard about it all the time. That would be a perk we would really like, especially on a B2B. We always have laundry done on board. You know, if they hadn't said anything about suite upgrades, we would have been happy with what they currently offer. The current perks aren't bad, unless you start comparing what other cruise lines offer, which is exactly what we're all doing since RC mentioned changes. I wish they'd make another announcement soon.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

We were on Princess earlier this year. The room steward put the dining room menus in the book of suite services every day and we could have whatever was being served in the MDR delivered via room service. We have found some stewards to be lax about it. We made it clear the first day that we wanted the MDR menus daily and he made sure to put them in the book when he serviced the room while we were at Breakfast at Sabatini's.

Princess does indeed offer that perk, but we have not seen the menu unless we have asked for it. The breakfast hang tag for suites has a different menu, and suites can order room service on disembarkation day. We enjoy the double minibar setup (Elite in a suite doubles the benefit) and free laundry and drycleaning. They've had the airline valet service in the past, so perhaps you were flying from a non-participating airport?

Gold Card breakfast perks vary from ship to ship. Neither Rhapsody nor Radiance offer anything, while other ships have a special breakfast menu in Chops (Jewel, Brilliance, apparently Serenade now) or on the upper level of the MDR (Vision and Serenade last time we sailed on her). Then of course there is Coastal Kitchen, which we are really looking forward to next year.

Edited by critterchick

We were on Princess earlier this year. The room steward put the dining room menus in the book of suite services every day and we could have whatever was being served in the MDR delivered via room service. We have found some stewards to be lax about it. We made it clear the first day that we wanted the MDR menus daily and he made sure to put them in the book when he serviced the room while we were at Breakfast at Sabatini's.

We've only gotten a Royal Caribbean once, but had dinner sent up to the room twice. What we got was pretty bad with a lot of gristle. Definitely, not worth paying extra for the suite just to get in room dining.

1485180424_PA187954asSmartObject-1web.jpg.e2776b15274d356a51b1f2a4583bbdb8.jpg

Edited by knittinggirl

Princess does indeed offer that perk, but we have not seen the menu unless we have asked for it. The breakfast hang tag for suites has a different menu, and suites can order room service on disembarkation day. We enjoy the double minibar setup (Elite in a suite doubles the benefit) and free laundry and drycleaning. They've had the airline valet service in the past, so perhaps you were flying from a non-participating airport?

Gold Card breakfast perks vary from ship to ship. Neither Rhapsody nor Radiance offer anything, while other ships have a special breakfast menu in Chops (Jewel, Brilliance, apparently Serenade now) or on the upper level of the MDR (Vision and Serenade last time we sailed on her). Then of course there is Coastal Kitchen, which we are really looking forward to next year.

Just my luck, We have 2 future Radiance cruises booked :confused: :D ;)

I realized that in the OP's first post, Michael Bayley's comment from his live chat gave people some expectation of an announcement 'late spring' for new suite amenities.....but he did not say 'late spring' of what particular year. Just an observation (LOL -- as well).

In light of that, if I wanted to book a suite, I would do it.

This artical, and I believe the initial announcement, quoted Vicki Freed saying details would come in the fall of this year to be rolled out in 2016.

I wonder if the 260 suites on Oasis class ships mentioned in this article includes junior suites? That's a lot of suites.

I guess I'll have to wait until my 2016 transatlantic on Harmony to experience any of the new perks.

"It will include private areas just for suite guests and a more inclusive vacation experience," she said, declining to reveal more at this time.

Thanks for the link!!!

This sounds like the CL??

Love the music! Plus, Rock the Boat Rock Band should still be on for our Anthem April/16 cruise. Woo Hoo!!

I wonder if the 260 suites on Oasis class ships mentioned in this article includes junior suites? That's a lot of suites.

I guess I'll have to wait until my 2016 transatlantic on Harmony to experience any of the new perks.

I'm not sure -- but there are 7 "categories" of suites that I count:

• Owner's
  • Royal
  • AquaTheater
  • Grand
  • Sky
  • Crown
  • Junior

The article says there are 260 suites in six categories -- so I'm guessing Jr. Suites aren't included. But with almost 2700 staterooms in total -- that's about 10% being "full suites," which doesn't seem like so many.

The following information was found in a 2011-2012 Travel Agents Guide that was given to me from our former Travel Agent.

Deluxe Accommodations: Oasis of the Seas

Royal Loft Suite with Balcony---1

Royal Suite with Balcony--------1

Presidential Suite with Balcony--1

Sky Loft Suite with Balcony-----2

Aqua Theater Suite with Balcony-6

Crown Loft Suite with Balcony---25

Owners Suite with Balcony------10

Royal Family Suite with Balcony--4

Grand Suite with Balcony--------30

This shows the total Suites on the Oasis before last years' dry dock to be 80 Suites. I am aware that additional Suites have been added along with some being eliminated during dry dock. While I have not taken the time to make adjustments for the present number of Suites, that total is no where near the 260 Suites that were quoted in the article.

Also before dry dock 86 Junior Suites were listed.

The following information was found in a 2011-2012 Travel Agents Guide that was given to me from our former Travel Agent.

Deluxe Accommodations: Oasis of the Seas

Royal Loft Suite with Balcony---1

Royal Suite with Balcony--------1

Presidential Suite with Balcony--1

Sky Loft Suite with Balcony-----2

Aqua Theater Suite with Balcony-6

Crown Loft Suite with Balcony---25

Owners Suite with Balcony------10

Royal Family Suite with Balcony--4

Grand Suite with Balcony--------30

This shows the total Suites on the Oasis before last years' dry dock to be 80 Suites. I am aware that additional Suites have been added along with some being eliminated during dry dock. While I have not taken the time to make adjustments for the present number of Suites, that total is no where near the 260 Suites that were quoted in the article.

Also before dry dock 86 Junior Suites were listed.

I worked out similar calculations back in April when the article was originally posted (post #610) and that was post dry dock calculations - total approx 174 including JS's... No idea where she got 260 from and now I see on FB she has said Harmony will debut in April not May?!?

Who knows what info will come from RCI next!

This artical, and I believe the initial announcement, quoted Vicki Freed saying details would come in the fall of this year to be rolled out in 2016.

Well, since she said what she said and it hasn't materialized with any announcements, everyone could send her an email. I believe her email is vfreed@rccl.com.

It isn't unusual for companies to change the date of an announcement -- no matter how anticipated it may be.

But booking suites isn't something that generally concerns us. We have one booked on Her Majesty, simply to make our last cruise on her, a little bit more special.