NEW Suite Upgrades....

Hello everyone :)...

For the first time myself and my family will be in a suite aboard the January 7, 2017 sailing on the Harmony! I'm so excited, about this... I have some questions.... I am one of those people that looks into the small details to make an adventure even more fun and or surprising. What are some things you have taken advantage of doing in your suite, could be anything, small or big. My kids, who are all older are also very excited.... What are some things I could add to our already unique experience to cruising in a suite? What are some special things you have had delivered to your suite? Any and everything is welcome! I might also mention that there is a very good chance I'll be getting married on this particular cruise on our aquatheatre suite balcony... I've never been in any suite bit particularly interested in what I could do to make that magic day more special... Any decorating ideas, it know someone on here has got to be more creative than I... Was thinking about battery operated flickering candles, battery operated strands of lights....I just want to be flooded with ideas :)! So, while we are waiting to hear about the new roll outs this could be a great venue to get some great ideas.....also, what if you didn't want to have one of the plain Jane cakes on board for a birthday or wedding ceremony..what are your options? Many questions...

Thanks, Stacey

Check out the "Gifts and Gear" section of RCI website. Our first cruise was on Freedom, so we weren't quite sure what to expect. We found our cabin. We found all sorts of decorations on the door and over the bed celebrating a wedding. We were certain this wasn't for us. Found a card in an envelope which was from a TA wishing their client a wonderful honeymoon. The card had a different cabin number. Called Guest Services and explained the issue. People were in the cabin within minutes and they took the decoration elsewhere.

Edited by RocketMan275

Thanks for the replies thus far... Loved the pictures :)... Anybody have any suggestions on decor I could use out on the deck for a sunset wedding? I know someone out there has to be more creative than I on how to make that space beautiful for a short ceremony on the suite deck

Thanks for the replies thus far... Loved the pictures :)... Anybody have any suggestions on decor I could use out on the deck for a sunset wedding? I know someone out there has to be more creative than I on how to make that space beautiful for a short ceremony on the suite deck

if you do a google search for "royal caribbean royal romance" (without the quotes) you'll get to the official royal caribbean page for weddings etc. someone on one of my roll calls is doing a vow renewal through them and has been very pleased so far. from what i understand, you can have them arrange something as simple as decorations and/or a cake, or as elaborate as the whole shebang. i don't know if this helps, but figured i might as well pass it along. in any event, congrats on the wedding. :)

and to get back on topic, as someone doing 20 nights in a row on harmony (7-night med B2B with the 13-night transatlantic) free laundry would be at the top of my wished-for suite perks list for sure! :D

Thanks Karmacats.... Well they charge out the kazoo and you get very little in return, so we are looking to get married on the deck of our aqua suite 😀! And I just put the word out to see if there is an ordained minister on our roll call that might be interested in marrying us..... It's about 5k for not much and we have both been married before so would rather spend money like that on the honeymoon ;)

Thanks Karmacats.... Well they charge out the kazoo and you get very little in return, so we are looking to get married on the deck of our aqua suite 😀! And I just put the word out to see if there is an ordained minister on our roll call that might be interested in marrying us..... It's about 5k for not much and we have both been married before so would rather spend money like that on the honeymoon ;)

Just a thought but... if a friend or family member is going with you they can get ordained online. It's legal and it makes it special to include someone close to you in your vows

Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

At what point in the cruise were you planning on doing the ceremony? Assuming you want all to be legally recognized in the U.S., you would have to perform the ceremony while docked in a U.S. port with that state's license already procured. It becomes more challenging if you want to be married at sea, thus the cruise line's ability to charge an arm and a leg. We just got married in April on Adventure and we had looked into obtaining our own licence from the Bahamas and a properly certified officiant (again the Bahamas since all royal boats are flagged their). In the end we paid the cruise line. Congratulations and good luck with the planning!

Oh and you have to do shirts for the your group. The whole group wore their's on embarkation and we (particularly the bride) were practically celebrities for the entire cruise.

bf41de948e75648e16e14447cb500238.jpg

cd09d128f1dfd845f6beceeb52e0dd35.jpg

ebc2736b7febd00617f8126b64d5cd3b.jpg

We were fortunate enough to be in one of the Deck 9 Aqua Theater Suites for an Oasis cruise. That suite is all about the balcony! You will spend countless hours out there, watching the wake, watching the shows and Aqua Theater action, or just watching the world go by. We think Coastal Kitchen is a huge benefit of suites on that class, and you might want to take advantage of dinner in your suite, since you'll have plenty of space!:D

Clicking on any of the pictures should take you to the album. I took a lot of pictures of the suite!

Just booked one of these on the Harmony (2017) after seeing your images. Unfortunately, only deck 12 and 14 were left to choose from - thus they lack the Ponderosa size balcony area! Still trying to sort out what differences there might be in these cabins due to the Harmony being built with them, rather then being modified into them (for the higher decks).

Could you find peace and quiet out there (ocean side of balcony) on sea days? I'd like to have a place to just lounge/nap as desired - but was not sure about sounds from surrounding areas.

Thanks,

Tom

Edited by Tom-n-Cheryl

Just booked one of these on the Harmony (2017) after seeing your images. Unfortunately, only deck 12 and 14 were left to choose from - thus they lack the Ponderosa size balcony area! Still trying to sort out what differences there might be in these cabins due to the Harmony being built with them, rather then being modified into them (for the higher decks).

Could you find peace and quiet out there (ocean side of balcony) on sea days? I'd like to have a place to just lounge/nap as desired - but was not sure about sounds from surrounding areas.

Thanks,

Tom

Absolutely! We thought the ocean-facing side was just like any other balcony. Our favorite place though, was the loungers on the aft-facing part of the balcony. It was quiet out there 90% of the time, and the view and breeze were wonderful!

I hear ya! weddings are insanely expensive - i guess even on a ship! :D I second the getting-a-friend-ordained-online thing, if you don't find a minister on the roll call.

Just a thought but... if a friend or family member is going with you they can get ordained online. It's legal and it makes it special to include someone close to you in your vows

Congrats!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Yes, we have thot about that, thank you. , however wanted to see if we could find someone on our roll.cll possibly, no luck as of yet.

Absolutely! We thought the ocean-facing side was just like any other balcony. Our favorite place though, was the loungers on the aft-facing part of the balcony. It was quiet out there 90% of the time, and the view and breeze were wonderful!

Thanks !

Tom

Thanks !

Tom

You're welcome! I thought it was so unique and a lot of fun to be able to have a vast ocean view on one side of the balcony, but be able to see all the action from the other side of the balcony. Here are a few more pictures taken the morning we arrived in St. Thomas. They are all taken from basically the same spot on the balcony, so you can see how different your perspective will be depending on which way you're facing.

IMG_8698W-L.jpg

IMG_8707W-L.jpg

IMG_8658W-L.jpg

IMG_0529W-L.jpg

Edited by Cindy

At what point in the cruise were you planning on doing the ceremony? Assuming you want all to be legally recognized in the U.S., you would have to perform the ceremony while docked in a U.S. port with that state's license already procured. It becomes more challenging if you want to be married at sea, thus the cruise line's ability to charge an arm and a leg. We just got married in April on Adventure and we had looked into obtaining our own licence from the Bahamas and a properly certified officiant (again the Bahamas since all royal boats are flagged their). In the end we paid the cruise line. Congratulations and good luck with the planning!

Oh and you have to do shirts for the your group. The whole group wore their's on embarkation and we (particularly the bride) were practically celebrities for the entire cruise.

bf41de948e75648e16e14447cb500238.jpg

cd09d128f1dfd845f6beceeb52e0dd35.jpg

ebc2736b7febd00617f8126b64d5cd3b.jpg

Actually we are not sure at what point yet we will marry, but we do not have to get married in US port for it to be legal. We just need to obtain a license by where ever the minister is ordained and can marry anywhere at sea or on land. Of. Ourse not all.states are the same... but this is how it is for.arkanss and texs.

Actually we are not sure at what point yet we will marry, but we do not have to get married in US port for it to be legal. We just need to obtain a license by where ever the minister is ordained and can marry anywhere at sea or on land. Of. Ourse not all.states are the same... but this is how it is for.arkanss and texs.

Very Nice! Enjoy and congrats again!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Thanks Mark....... i would love to hear all about your cruise wedding :)! I love the tshirt idea, might have to steal that. What all did you guys do to make it even more special than already is? Guess we are way off topic here, if we need you can message me on facebook and discuss.... would really like to pick your brain on some details...

Thanks Mark....... i would love to hear all about your cruise wedding :)! I love the tshirt idea, might have to steal that. What all did you guys do to make it even more special than already is? Guess we are way off topic here, if we need you can message me on facebook and discuss.... would really like to pick your brain on some details...

Be happy to answer any question if it will help. By the way RC's wedding cake was much better than we expected. Don't have any idea what the would charge if it wasn't part of a package. But very good!

Mark A. Swisshelm on that other site.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2241964

Still just a few new little tidbits of info. :(

I agree but looks like we are just a couple weeks or so away from the official announcement. :) Based on pricing that I have been checking on suites for next summers family vacation, it looks like they have the new perks priced in....

I just saw this on a FB group and wanted to post it here:

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/9556e038#/9556e038/1

Whilst it's a brochure for Harmony of the Seas, page 7 has information about Royal Suite Class. I don't know any more information or how genuine this is but hopefully it's a start to information.

5ee646ec766eee286f9637250c5b7e1b.jpg

Edited by Cruisingthesuitelife

I just saw this on a FB group and wanted to post it here:

http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/9556e038#/9556e038/1

Whilst it's a brochure for Harmony of the Seas, page 7 has information about Royal Suite Class. I don't know any more information or how genuine this is but hopefully it's a start to information.

5ee646ec766eee286f9637250c5b7e1b.jpg

Interesting, I wonder how that will filter down to the lesser suites