Diamond to diamond+ question

Hello...I'm sorry if my question has been answered before.

My wife and I will be on the Grandeur from April 10th through April 18th. On this cruise, we will still be DIAMOND members. However, once we complete this cruise, we will become DIAMOND + members.

Then, we leave on April 29th for Barcelona, Spain, for our May 3rd, European cruise on the Vision.

From the time we complete our first cruise on April 18th, and leave on April 29th, will that be enough time for RCCL to have things in place and acknowledge that we are DIAMOND+ on our May 3rd cruise?

And, if we do not receive anything in the mail before we leave, will RCCL have our updated information when we check in at the port in Barcelona? Or, do I need to contact RCCL to get an update before we leave for Barcelona?

Thank-you for any help you can provide.

Dave

My wife and I will be on the Grandeur from April 10th through April 18th. On this cruise, we will still be DIAMOND members. However, once we complete this cruise, we will become DIAMOND + members.

Then, we leave on April 29th for Barcelona, Spain, for our May 3rd, European cruise on the Vision.

From the time we complete our first cruise on April 18th, and leave on April 29th, will that be enough time for RCCL to have things in place and acknowledge that we are DIAMOND+ on our May 3rd cruise?

And, if we do not receive anything in the mail before we leave, will RCCL have our updated information when we check in at the port in Barcelona? Or, do I need to contact RCCL to get an update before we leave for Barcelona?

Dave

Most probably you will be ok. It takes around 10 days for RC to credit your points.

Dave

Congratulations on your new impending status!

If there is an issue then Check in probably won't be able to help. Once onboard, if there is a discrepancy, then they can change your card onboard at the C&A loyalty Ambassador desk. They can look up your points. Don't bother with guest relations go direct to C&A representative.

I would make one recommendation. When you get back from your first cruise I would give it about a week if possible and call the crown and anchor desk. You get a larger selection of beverages to accompany your welcome aboard basket as well as a bottle of wine that can be delivered to either your cabin or the restaurant. I would hate for you to miss out on that. Requests need to be made in advance and it would probably be easier for you to do over the phone to make sure the request goes through being that close to sailing.

I agree you should call after your first cruise. I would only give it a few days. yes, I know that is not enough time to post on the website. But, I think that is enough time for the C & A rep to see the first cruise and manually update the information.

I would also take the SeaPass cards from the previous cruise to show the Loyalty Ambassador if necessary.

The SeaPass card from the previous cruise will not help since it will only show "Diamond" Status and not the total points. However, the Loyalty Ambassador can access your account and confirm that you have now qualified as a Diamond Plus.

Congratulations!

The SeaPass card from the previous cruise will not help since it will only show "Diamond" Status and not the total points. However, the Loyalty Ambassador can access your account and confirm that you have now qualified as a Diamond Plus.

Congratulations!

The seapass card from a previous cruise would establish that the guest has taken a cruise (and earned points) beyond what might show up in Royal's database, should the previous cruise be late to show up in that database.

Edited by clarea

Thanks very much to everyone that has helped me out with information concerning my questions. We are so darn excited, just to be able to cruise once or twice a year. We are not super rich by any stretch, but we save up on a regular basis because we love to cruise so much, and, this 13-night cruise to Europe has been almost 5-years in the making.

I will follow everyone's instructions about calling Crown & Anchor in advance, bring our previous Sea Pass Cruise Card, and get ready for a lot of fun.

Thanks again.

Dave