Do you still go to Meet and Mingle gatherings?

I currently have 3 roll calls coming up.

I have met and made wonderful new friends thanks to cruise critic!!!

I am now all in for the roll calls, and am planning a scavenger hunt, slot pull, cabin crawl and gift exchange. Which will be a good time for all who come.. It is what you make it.

In my 3 previous cruises, they are slowing down now... I think many people now get their information from face book. And not coming to cruise critic as often as they used to. I personally don't even search for other groups on face book... I read different boards, but as far as specific sailings-- its only cruise critic for me for our meet and mingles groups.

On our last cruise there was a fb group set up and it was extremely lively for a year before the cruise. Everyone got to know each other and ask each other questions frequently. We did tons of events on the ship and are friends with a lot of the people now. It's a sign of the times, most ppl are on fb and check it daily, not cc. Adversely for upcoming cruise in April no fb page and roll call is very slow.

On our last cruise there was a fb group set up and it was extremely lively for a year before the cruise. Everyone got to know each other and ask each other questions frequently. We did tons of events on the ship and are friends with a lot of the people now. It's a sign of the times, most ppl are on fb and check it daily, not cc. Adversely for upcoming cruise in April no fb page and roll call is very slow.

How did you find that there was a FB page? Was it posted on here?

I much prefer cruise critic :)

It's recognized by Royal, but if interest dies...

We usually attend the M&M's. Some are pretty good and others are only so-so.

We attended one on the Vision on the Feb 14, 2015 cruise that was the worst one I have ever been to.

It was held in the Crown Viking lounge which caused problems because of the curvature of the lounge. We couldn't even see the people on the other side of the room or the cruise director who hosted the event.

Basically all that happened was that the cruise director handed out a few door prizes. He didn't even ask the winners to tell anything about themselves and made no effort to get anybody else involved. No gifts were handed out other than the door prizes. One lady asked about that and the answer the cruise director gave was "there was an issue with the gifts so there won't be any".

My wife took a gift for a gift exchange but nobody else had any with them.

After handing out the door prizes the cruise director left so at that point the M&M was over. From start to finish I don't think it lasted more than about 10 minutes.

my first meet and mingle was interesting first a bunch got together and met for the sail away. Then the next morning we had our meet and mingle and we had a gift exchange, but had a problem we had not gotten our invitation for the meet and mingle it had gone to another cabin which would have been our cabin, but we had switched to another cabin. The person who gotten our old cabin told me that our mail was there and that we should get it soon, but then she heard me talking aboit having a acupuncture session to another guest and when we got our invitation I fou on the inside that there was a note about getting a discount for the acupuncture session. So I went the next day to the spa to set up a session and was told that they do not offer any discounts, they felt bad and did give me a little bit of a discount. So I went down to customer service and told them what had happen and they said that some played a dirty trick on me. I happen to see the lady who was kind of in charge of our group and told her what had happened.

I go, depending on the time it is. If it is a sea day, I usually go. But they used to be so much better than they are now.

I will go next month on adventure as it should be our first day at sea. So will run up there while hubby stays at the pool with our loungers. I won't be gone more than 30 minutes but will run up there to see what is going on.

We attended one on the Vision on the Feb 14, 2015 cruise that was the worst one I have ever been to.

It was held in the Crown Viking lounge which caused problems because of the curvature of the lounge. We couldn't even see the people on the other side of the room or the cruise director who hosted the event.

Basically all that happened was that the cruise director handed out a few door prizes. He didn't even ask the winners to tell anything about themselves and made no effort to get anybody else involved. No gifts were handed out other than the door prizes. One lady asked about that and the answer the cruise director gave was "there was an issue with the gifts so there won't be any".

After handing out the door prizes the cruise director left so at that point the M&M was over. From start to finish I don't think it lasted more than about 10 minutes.

If Steve Davis was the CD, then he missed an opportunity to get to know some of the cruisers on the sailing and he failed to understand the purpose of the Meet N Mingle.

On the 3 Meet N Mingles I have gone to, I never heard anything about 'exchanging gifts' -- was something mentioned about that in your Roll Call.

Two out of the 3 Meet N Mingles, I attended were handled excellently by the staff member and each time it was the Activity Manager.

Some rollcalls have gift exchanges, others don't. Usually someone will volunteer to run the gift exchange and will keep track of a list of people who want to participate. We usually don't participate in the gift exchange.

As far as gifts from the ship to everyone, we have only received those small blue notepads on a string. We have never used any of the ones we have received and have actually stopped taking them.

Our roll call for April is shaping up to be a Few fun activities!!

We are doing a scavenger hunt, a poker run cabin crawl, a gift exchange and a slot pull!!!!

Can't wait! Always have a great experience and look forward to finally meeting people we have been chatting with