Do you still go to Meet and Mingle gatherings?

Yes. Good chance to put names with faces. I don't think they are as nice and fun as they use to be but like the door prizes.

SROSS...thanks for your quick reply. I actually forgot about the prizes...lol. Do you find some forums are more "alive" than others?

I also just saw that you are from Amarillo. I lived there in the 90's and worked for BSA Outpatient Therapy Center on the Canyon E-way (as least I think that is what the road is called...lol)

Jackie

Only been on one RCI cruise, but we went to the M&M. Partially, I was hoping to put some names to faces, but I was also hoping that my kids would meet a kid or two around their age (there were a number of kids on the cruise - Thanksgiving week). Unfortunately, no other kids came to the M&M, just adults, so that part was a bust. :(

Yes, it is a good diversion for a sea day and as others have said, it is an opportunity to put names together with faces while meeting folks in person. Sometimes we have had the opportunity to continue conversations about mutual areas of interest that have started on these boards.

Some folks get their knickers in a knot over the fact that senior officers don't show up. That is not an issue with us. The refreshments and the raffles are a nice touch, but the interaction with others is what we enjoy the most.

I was irked a few years ago while attending a Meet and Mingle on Independence of the Seas. Needless to say it is a big ship and we had a good size gathering. After the remarks by the Assistant CD (which were lengthy) and the raffle, he urged us to stick around and mingle and then proceeded to tell us that we needed to clear the room in ten minutes as it was scheduled for another function! "Here is your hat and coat, what is your hurry?":rolleyes:

Rarely, as they seem to be held at an inconvenient time for me. I've been to one or two throughout the years. I sign up so that the minimum number can be met, for those who want the event.

I sometimes try to go to any informal meet and greet that gathers the first afternoon.

Honestly CC is (Usually) such a small group of cruise passengers, we meet many more just socializing around the pool or elsewhere around the ship.

M

Rarely, as they seem to be held at an inconvenient time for me. I've been to one or two throughout the years. I sign up so that the minimum number can be met, for those who want the event.

I sometimes try to go to any informal meet and greet that gathers the first afternoon.

Honestly CC is (Usually) such a small group of cruise passengers, we meet many more just socializing around the pool or elsewhere around the ship.

M

Same here. Too many things planned at one time.

We go to the informal ones that the Roll call organizes at a bar usually on embarkation day. I find them more fun than the ship sponsored ones.

Not so much anymore to the ship organized ones.

Edited by molly361

Yes, it is a good diversion for a sea day and as others have said, it is an opportunity to put names together with faces while meeting folks in person. Sometimes we have had the opportunity to continue conversations about mutual areas of interest that have started on these boards.

Some folks get their knickers in a knot over the fact that senior officers don't show up. That is not an issue with us. The refreshments and the raffles are a nice touch, but the interaction with others is what we enjoy the most.

I was irked a few years ago while attending a Meet and Mingle on Independence of the Seas. Needless to say it is a big ship and we had a good size gathering. After the remarks by the Assistant CD (which were lengthy) and the raffle, he urged us to stick around and mingle and then proceeded to tell us that we needed to clear the room in ten minutes as it was scheduled for another function! "Here is your hat and coat, what is your hurry?":rolleyes:

We go to the M&M; we also go to the 'unofficial get together' set up via the roll call for embarkation day. Both give me the opportunity to put faces and names together.

The more interaction that is on the roll call, the better both can be. The ship organized M&M is very much affected by the staff member as you allude to. We had a terrible M&M on Allure, because the Activity Mgr running it -- made it a commercial for all the activities on board the ship, rather than a way for the cruisers to mingle. On our Jewel and most recent Indy cruise, the AM's did great jobs making it fun -- raffles and intro's and let the cruisers take over.

Edited by Paulette3028

I like to go. Bit of a laugh. Meet people off here. May win something.

For an hour or 2 of your time I don't understand some of the comments.

I can understand if you have a Spa booked, but normally you get the place and time before you sail.

I like to chill on vacation/holiday, what better way than chatting, making friends, real people instead of nicknames.

Worth a part of my time any day.

Kezz

We go to the informal ones that the Roll call organizes at a bar usually on embarkation day. I find them more fun than the ship sponsored ones.

Not so much anymore to the ship organized ones.

Same here. On my upcoming Oasis cruise the M&M is scheduled for day 2 at 10:00 am. I do not want to miss out on my first sea day by going to the M&M, because I have been to more than a few dull meetings.

We are meeting informally as a group after muster drill, and I am looking forward to that gathering... it is near a bar! :D

The title pretty much says it all. Do you still go to the Meet and Mingle Gatherings? Yes or no, and what helps make your decision?

Do you still participate in the Rollcall for your cruise?

If you do, then the Meet & Mingle is the "Time to Unveil"! :p

In my experience, I have found that EVERY M&M is what you (and the group) make of it. It seems the larger the number of Registered Guests, the more that the ship's staff puts into the party.

We have been to some that were barely the 25 minimum, and we have been to 2-hour sagas with over 250 people - and, of course, everything between. They are all an opportunity to meet new friends. ;)

I like to go. Bit of a laugh. Meet people off here. May win something.

For an hour or 2 of your time I don't understand some of the comments.

I can understand if you have a Spa booked, but normally you get the place and time before you sail.

I like to chill on vacation/holiday, what better way than chatting, making friends, real people instead of nicknames.

Worth a part of my time any day.

Kezz

Not too difficult to understand, the ship schedules other things at the same time as the meet and mingle. Our last meet and mingle was scheduled for day 1 at 5:30 which was during sail away and was also the time of main seating. We have had two meet and mingles scheduled at the same time as the captain's corner. Spa appointment would be easy to reschedule. Plus, our last four meet and mingles have had time changes from what was published prior to the cruise.

Do you still participate in the Rollcall for your cruise?

If you do, then the Meet & Mingle is the "Time to Unveil"! :p

In my experience, I have found that EVERY M&M is what you (and the group) make of it. It seems the larger the number of Registered Guests, the more that the ship's staff puts into the party.

We have been to some that were barely the 25 minimum, and we have been to 2-hour sagas with over 250 people - and, of course, everything between. They are all an opportunity to meet new friends. ;)

The question "Do you still participate in the Rollcall for your cruise?" sets up the rest.

The more I participate, the more I hope that others come to the M&M so I can meet them. I will be there, is my POV. It can be 30 minutes or longer, but it won't take so much time out of a sea day that I won't want to do it.....and hopefully meet some people who I have chatted with and with find some things that we all have in common and interest.

Elvis on Jewel did a great M&M (our first) -- it was a small group, and he had as much fun as all of us -- getting people to introduce themselves and doing raffles. Recently on Indy, Amy was great hosting the M&M and this was a much bigger group -- then one of the active members of the RollCall took the microphone and we all had more interaction....it still only lasted about an hour. Neither one of these, was about the ship or the ports -- but just about the cruisers -- how did you create your screen name or what were you looking forward to on board. We met some people we enjoyed the rest of our cruise with.....what could be more fun.

But a lot of how the M&M will go, does depend on the cruisers.

Same here. Too many things planned at one time.

Patti, I sure hope I get to meet you on the Panama Canal cruise since we will both be on it!! It is always great to meet new and fun people!

The title pretty much says it all. Do you still go to the Meet and Mingle Gatherings? Yes or no, and what helps make your decision?

I go to them all, If there was a conflict with this and something else I might consider the something else based on the feel of the roll call. The only conflict I had was with an upper tier party on the boardwalk of Allure at the same time as our roll call, but it was one of two of those type events. That 2013 roll call was epic (sort of a pun) and I was have been keel hauled if I didn't go. Had it been a conflict with my 2011 Allure cruise I might have skipped that one. It was a dead roll call.