UPSALE! 3rd times a charm!

Thanks everyone! My mother really wanted a balcony, having never had one. We called to see the price difference 3 days ago and it was 800.00 more. Three days later the magical email appeared! Hope I can keep the secret! Lol! She is going to be shocked!

What a great surprise for your Mother! :)

Thanks everyone! My mother really wanted a balcony, having never had one. We called to see the price difference 3 days ago and it was 800.00 more. Three days later the magical email appeared! Hope I can keep the secret! Lol! She is going to be shocked!

good luck keeping it a secret. I caved to the upsell fairy and my TA who I think had a hand in her visiting and got the Neptune. It's an early 20th anniversary present for DH. I'm not good at keeping secrets and doing my very best. Hoping he won't notice the different room number or luggage tags :) And that he LIKES the surprise.

Kazu, the Neptune Suites are almost fully booked at this point. I know on other lines, when the final payment comes due, people drop off the radar. We have no experience with HAL so I don't know if that happens here or not. A TA told us that they only go up one category. When we booked, there were only A's on the Starboard side of the ship and we wanted Port. The difference in cost was only something like $500. I just don't know if it's worth spending that on the off chance that a bigger room would be available. I know as it stands now with their note on our file, we're probably not going to get an offer. I'm just plain confused.

Karen

DaveOKC - You're probably right. We know the location of our current assigned room and we're happy with it. I was hoping beyond hope that the upsell fairy would visit and offer something affordable for a Neptune. Pretty wishful thinking huh? We just couldn't consider the $16,000 additional cost that was being offered for this stateroom category when we booked. I have to admit that I have been spoiled by being in a much bigger room on a couple of other lines but that was also when the retirement fund was much healthier. The Vista will be fine but I guess I'll dream about that bigger room...... The cost of air on this cruise was what really helped make our decision on the type of stateroom. Australia isn't a cheap flight.

Karen

Kazu, the Neptune Suites are almost fully booked at this point. I know on other lines, when the final payment comes due, people drop off the radar. We have no experience with HAL so I don't know if that happens here or not. A TA told us that they only go up one category. When we booked, there were only A's on the Starboard side of the ship and we wanted Port. The difference in cost was only something like $500. I just don't know if it's worth spending that on the off chance that a bigger room would be available. I know as it stands now with their note on our file, we're probably not going to get an offer. I'm just plain confused.

Karen

they were nearly gone with us too. I took starboard. pluses and minuses with that.

We were in SS so it was one category if that helps but when I was on the P'dam the person in the PS had originally booked a BA category (verandah) so you can take that with a grain of salt.

I don't know if it's worth going up or not nor the truth to what you were told.

Do you have a good TA with connections? I think that's what it comes down to and how you decide what to do

I would only move up if that's where I wanted to be. There is no guarantee of an upsell and the category could sell out.

Sorry, wish I could help more.

good luck keeping it a secret. I caved to the upsell fairy and my TA who I think had a hand in her visiting and got the Neptune. It's an early 20th anniversary present for DH. I'm not good at keeping secrets and doing my very best. Hoping he won't notice the different room number or luggage tags And that he LIKES the surprise.

Congrats on the upsell - I'll bet DH will love the Neptune Suite as much as you will. The way to keep him from seeing the cabin number is to print off the documents and luggage tags and keep them in your purse. Zip tie them to the luggage the morning of departure while he's getting ready in the bathroom, and he'll never know the difference till he steps onboard. Happy early anniversary to you!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

good luck keeping it a secret. I caved to the upsell fairy and my TA who I think had a hand in her visiting and got the Neptune. It's an early 20th anniversary present for DH. I'm not good at keeping secrets and doing my very best. Hoping he won't notice the different room number or luggage tags :) And that he LIKES the surprise.

Good going! With all of the cruises you and Jose take, you deserve the best. Good luck with the surprise!

Diane

Congrats on the upsell - I'll bet DH will love the Neptune Suite as much as you will. The way to keep him from seeing the cabin number is to print off the documents and luggage tags and keep them in your purse. Zip tie them to the luggage the morning of departure while he's getting ready in the bathroom, and he'll never know the difference till he steps onboard. Happy early anniversary to you!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Thanks so much. I usually do that anyways with the boarding pass & luggage tags. It's the Visa bill I have to hide from him:eek::p

Good going! With all of the cruises you and Jose take, you deserve the best. Good luck with the surprise!

Diane

thank you Diane :)

Edited by kazu

Made it here safely but had in Houston a flight at 12:58 which ended up leaving at 5:45! So many people missed connections everywhere! They ended up getting another plane for us! But we are here and I see all the ships in port for today's sail away! We will enjoy tomorrow's cruise and our upgrade!

Happy sailing

Denise

Made it here safely but had in Houston a flight at 12:58 which ended up leaving at 5:45! So many people missed connections everywhere! They ended up getting another plane for us! But we are here and I see all the ships in port for today's sail away! We will enjoy tomorrow's cruise and our upgrade!

Happy sailing

Denise

Glad you made it. Let me guess........United airlines.

Glad you made it. Let me guess........United airlines.

Good morning Cruz chic!!!!!

Yup!

What a fiasco. But at the end all is well. Just received email from them and there is a link for us to go to and pic something as a I am sorry gift! Hope it is mileage points as an add on for us! Anyway hope all is well with you. Going to watch the sail away today which will be fun😄

Good morning Cruz chic!!!!!

Yup!

What a fiasco. But at the end all is well. Just received email from them and there is a link for us to go to and pic something as a I am sorry gift! Hope it is mileage points as an add on for us! Anyway hope all is well with you. Going to watch the sail away today which will be fun😄

Maybe they realize how many customers they are upsetting. I won't bore you with my sad story about United. The important thing is that you are there. So exciting you will be boarding tomorrow. Have a great day today. Jealous.