Flights to Barcelona

Delta is non-Stop out of JFK. We are flying from Boston to jfk and then on to BCN.

Try using a search engine like kayak. You will be able to get an idea which airlines go to BCN and what stops are involved.

Air ligus and Canada rouge both go out of Boston. Air lingus tops in Dublin, Ireland while rouge makes a stop in Toronto.

Plenty of flights, hard part is deciding which one will meet your needs.

Sheal

My advice is to go a few days early, if you can. You do not want to be arriving on cruise day. Barcelona is fabulous, oh my goodness... we spent a couple days pre-cruise and then four more post-cruise. It is just phenomenal. I realize with you being on the East Coast already that it might be tempting to just take a red-eye or whatever but you will feel more rested and less anxious if you arrive a couple days early.

Have fun. :)

I agree with the previous posters, arrive at least 1 day early unless you use the cruise line airfare.

Kayak has :

6/4 JFK to bcn 399

Boston to bcn 456 ( 26 hrs yuck) 675 11 hrs

I have had good luck in the past with:

1800fly.com

onetravel.com

edreams.net

Hope this helps

Karen's

Don't know why the web sites didn't post

1800 fly.com

One travel.com

E dreams.com

Karen

They do not post as you are not allowed to recommend travel agencies here.

Depending on the cruise line, they can have their own air source, like choice air for RCL cruise lines that can have very good rates at times.

Booking this early is not always best a routes can change and inventory is variable. I have gotten some of my best European airfares closer in at times recently.

"Google flights" works pretty well too. gives you a bunch of the top carriers all in one shot and shows you the best days to fly. after you choose it links you directly to that carrier's website. just discovered it last week and wish I knew of it sooner lol

"Google flights" works pretty well too. gives you a bunch of the top carriers all in one shot and shows you the best days to fly. after you choose it links you directly to that carrier's website. just discovered it last week and wish I knew of it sooner lol

Google purchased ITA software in 2010. I had been using them for years and it has been a great resource. They are actually the software behind other reference price search engines as well, or at least they were.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked an NCL cruise out of Barcelona for April of 2016 and after looking at many flights we will probably fly out of Logan on Air Lingus the day before the cruise departs. Although things can change in a year, this flight leaves Logan at 6:16 pm and is 6.5 hours to Dublin. There is a 1.5 hour stop over in Dublin then a 2.5 hour flight to Barcelona arriving at 10:10 am.

How far in advance do you book your airfare to Barcelona?

Thanks for all the advice and info! We are also booked on a cruise from Barcelona (July 1, 2016).

Planning to fly in a 5-7 days early to enjoy Spain since we haven't been there and DD (7) loves her Spanish class in school. We would also love to visit Madrid.

Edited by aquarianne11

How far in advance do you book your airfare to Barcelona?

Thanks for all the advice and info! We are also booked on a cruise from Barcelona (July 1, 2016).

Planning to fly in a 5-7 days early to enjoy Spain since we haven't been there and DD (7) loves her Spanish class in school. We would also love to visit Madrid.

We are also sailing on July 1,2016 from Barcelona on the Celebrity Constellation. If you are on this cruise, come join us on the Constellation roll call.

I usually book my airfare to Europe six to nine months in advance. We are two people. I have been watching the airfare for 2015 to get a feel for price range.

My decision is do we want to transfer in the US or in Europe to get to Barcelona?

We have done it both ways.

After I book airfare ,I then book my hotel both precruise and post cruise. I book through their acutal web sites again after watching prices on various hotel web sites.

Edited by Azulann

We are also sailing on July 1,2016 from Barcelona on the Celebrity Constellation. If you are on this cruise, come join us on the Constellation roll call.

I usually book my airfare to Europe six to nine months in advance. We are two people. I have been watching the airfare for 2015 to get a feel for price range.

My decision is do we want to transfer in the US or in Europe to get to Barcelona?

We have done it both ways.

After I book airfare ,I then book my hotel both precruise and post cruise. I book through their acutal web sites again after watching prices on various hotel web sites.

Thanks for the info. No, we'll be on Carnival Vista.

Looking at 2015 prices as well. This is our first cruise embarking outside the US so I'm nervous about the airfare.

It is also summer vacation so looks like we won't be seeing a lot of discounts.

aquarainne,

My very first cruise was from the port of Barcelona. You picked one of the best port cities and easy port, ariport, city to navigate.

I do not expect any real bargains because it is the high season for air travel from the US to Europe,and you are traveling with family.

I have found lots of advise and help from the experts on Crusie Air Forum on Cruise Critic.

I also look at ITA web site and can find all the options from my home MSP to Barcelona on every carrier. It is a matter of how many connections, day of travel, and time of day that I need to figure out for myself then the price I can live with for the least hassle- free flight. I always chalked up my two travel days as something to endure....:rolleyes:

We have plenty fo time to figure this all out.

Cheers!

Patti

Edited by Azulann

We just booked our flights for our cruise last week and we sail in 6 months exactly, we booked the cruise about a year ago and the flights haven't fluctuated in price very much at all. We are flying SFO-LHR-BCN

the difficulty with coming from the west coast is that we don't get the benefit of a straight through to BARCELONA :rolleyes:

Booked our flights from Detroit to Barcelona yesterday...approx 150 days before departure. I've been watching flights daily for the last month and prices didn't change much but I was afraid they might start going up over the next month. I also didn't want to wait too much longer because I wanted to snag a couple Delta Comfort + seats for the transatlantic flights before they were all gone.

aquarainne,

My very first cruise was from the port of Barcelona. You picked one of the best port cities and easy port, ariport, city to navigate.

I do not expect any real bargains because it is the high season for air travel from the US to Europe,and you are traveling with family.

I have found lots of advise and help from the experts on Crusie Air Forum on Cruise Critic.

I also look at ITA web site and can find all the options from my home MSP to Barcelona on every carrier. It is a matter of how many connections, day of travel, and time of day that I need to figure out for myself then the price I can live with for the least hassle- free flight. I always chalked up my two travel days as something to endure....:rolleyes:

We have plenty fo time to figure this all out.

Cheers!

Patti

Thank you very much for the pointers. We are very excited about this cruise and can't wait to start planning. :)