Montego Bay Jamaica - What to do????

LCTXcruiser

Hello all,

We're heading out in a few days on another cruise. The last time we went to Jamaica I was less than impressed. We went to Margaritaville and swam, and the cabby all but threatened us that if we didn't pay him more he would just drop us off in the middle of town. We were constantly hit up by the locals wanting us to pay them to take pictures, etc.

So, this time around I thought maybe a Carnival excursion???? Safer and more enjoyable??? But when I look at the website, there's very few that have over a 4 rating.

We're on a budget so we'd like to keep it as reasonable as possible. Does anyone have any suggestions??? If not we'll stay on the boat and enjoy ourselves there :)

Contact Secrets Wild Orchid & get a day pass. We booked this through the ship, but you can do it on your own. It's about a 5-10 minute cab ride to the resort. It's all-inclusive, with pools, hot tub, beach, dining, bars.

I couldn't get the pics to upload here, but you can look at them on my page. They are under 2015 Carnival Magic vacation.

I suggest looking up Courtney Taylor Tours. You can google the name/title and you will find a website for him. I've gone with him twice while in Montego Bay and I'll be going with him again in September. He is very nice, very knowledgeable, time conscious, and very easy on the eyes!! On his website there are several different tour packages to choose from. Jamaica is very beautiful and has crystal clear water. Whatever you choose, don't stay on the and let the island pass you by! Yeah Mon! :)

We just got back from the Carnival Freedom... docked in Montego Bay (actually right next to it at the cargo dock but they shuttled us over to main port)

We did the Extreme Zipline through Carnival. LOVED it. Can't wait to do it again. Very fun, very safe, Guides are hysterically funny. You laugh so hard it is impossible to be scared. My first time ziplining, as well as my husband's. We both thought it was worth every penny. Even the bus driver (about 30 min ride) was fun and gave us a tour as we drove there, along with Jamaican slang lessons)

my video of the zipline: [YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE] Edited by ABQrobin

• 3 weeks later...

We are planning on doing the extreme zipline when we are there. If we did it in the morning, do you think we would have enough time to go to Margartaville for a few hours in the afternoon? I think we are in port until 6.

Best thing to do in Montego Bay is to stay on the ship and enjoy a much less crowded pool area . Jamaica is just not worth the hassle once you have climbed Dunn River falls .

In your opinion ...

Which differs from mine and a lot of other people.

Basically the equivalent of saying once you seen the Statue of Liberty there is nothing left to see in the U.S.

There is a lot to do and see. :)

Our cruise starts in Montego Bay, our flight arrives at 3pm and the ship leaves at 8pm! We would love to get a little taster of Jamaica but not sure if this is possible with so little time, does anyone have any ideas? We would be happy just to stroll around town/walk along the beach

• 2 months later...
Contact Secrets Wild Orchid & get a day pass. We booked this through the ship, but you can do it on your own. It's about a 5-10 minute cab ride to the resort. It's all-inclusive, with pools, hot tub, beach, dining, bars.

I couldn't get the pics to upload here, but you can look at them on my page. They are under 2015 Carnival Magic vacation.

How much was this place for a day pass directly through the all inclusive and not Carnival?

I'm not sure what the independent cost was at Secrets - one of my friends looked it up after we got back home. I want to say it was about a $30 savings to book directly through them. I just don't know if they make you pay in advance & what their refund policy is if for some reason you don't make port.