Assistant CD/CD Dan

wobblybob74

Hello all,

When we sailed on the Grand on our first cruise back in 2010, there was a lovely chap called Dan on the entertainment staff. He was from Blackpool, UK and had a very dry sense of humour.

I was delighted to see him a while back on the television programme that concentrated on a Princess ship at sea (can't think what it was called) and on that show, he was trying to get a promotion. I can't recall what he was promoted to at the end of the show, but it was either Assistant CD or CD.

Does anybody a) understand what the heck I'm waffling on about? and b) know if he's still with the company and if so, which ship he's on at the moment?

As always, thanks in advance.

Hello all,

When we sailed on the Grand on our first cruise back in 2010, there was a lovely chap called Dan on the entertainment staff. He was from Blackpool, UK and had a very dry sense of humour.

I was delighted to see him a while back on the television programme that concentrated on a Princess ship at sea (can't think what it was called) and on that show, he was trying to get a promotion. I can't recall what he was promoted to at the end of the show, but it was either Assistant CD or CD.

Does anybody a) understand what the heck I'm waffling on about? and b) know if he's still with the company and if so, which ship he's on at the moment?

As always, thanks in advance.

Based on your description (very dry sense of humor) & city (Blackpool) that's Dan Appleby. He was the deputy cruise director on the Royal Princess when we sailed in October 2013. Not long after that I read that he had been promoted to cruise director but don't recall which ship although seem to recall that it was one in Australia.

Once I talked to Dan on the elevator and his demeanor was much different than his public persona...more relaxed. When we sailed with him he was engaged to be married to the performance manager in charge of the dancers on the Royal...Rachel...who lives in Florida & they planned to marry last month. My memory certainly isn't that good however that information is from the Patter that I kept. ;)

EDIT: Googled Dan & found this on their wedding site:

Dan is currently working as a Cruise Director onboard Diamond Princess in Australia and New Zealand, where he is in charge of the onboard entertainment.

http://dan-and-rachel-15.ourwedding.com/view/7252060184428393/17699746

Edited by Astro Flyer

Based on your description (very dry sense of humor) & city (Blackpool) that's Dan Appleby. He was the deputy cruise director on the Royal Princess when we sailed in October 2013. Not long after that I read that he had been promoted to cruise director but don't recall which shipped but the seem to recall it was one in Australia.

Once I talked to Dan on the elevator and his demeanor was much different than his public persona...more relaxed. When we sailed with him he was engaged to be married to the dancer in charge of the dancers on the Royal...Rachel who lives in Florida & planned to marry last month. My memory certainly isn't that good however that information is from the pattern that I kept. ;)

Yes, that's the chap! Thank you!

Good to know that he's now cruise director. I found him to be an excellent member of the entertainment team and any event, quiz or game show with him in charge was a pleasure to watch. Myself and my wife took part in the 'Mr & Mrs'-type game show (it was our honeymoon) and all of the contestants had some genuinely funny banter with him.

Thanks for you reply :D

Yes, that's the chap! Thank you!

Good to know that he's now cruise director. I found him to be an excellent member of the entertainment team and any event, quiz or game show with him in charge was a pleasure to watch. Myself and my wife took part in the 'Mr & Mrs'-type game show (it was our honeymoon) and all of the contestants had some genuinely funny banter with him.

Thanks for you reply :D

You're welcome & sorry about the typos as a result of using "voice to text" on my iPad that I corrected before the time limit expired. :o

That's for sure the correct Dan! We had him last summer on the Regal, and Ron Goodman announced he'd just been promoted to Cruise Director and would be starting that position the next month. Dan is HILARIOUS, and I hope he's our cruise director someday! And thank you for sharing that wedding website; it's fun reading their story. [emoji2]

Edited by cruisequeen4ever

That's for sure the correct Dan! We had him last summer on the Regal, and Ron Goodman announced he'd just been promoted to Cruise Director and would be starting that position the next month. Dan is HILARIOUS, and I hope he's our cruise director someday!

According to their wedding site he's on the Diamond in Australia & NZ and they should appreciate his dry sense of humor. :D

From the latest update to the Cruise Director list thread dated March 7

"Island Princess - Kelly Rose (February 19, 2015) (She stated that she will NOT be the CD taking the ship to Italy for it's refit leaving FLL on 3-21-15 but did not know who would replace her) Per DMCruiser - Dan Appleby will take over on March 21 Transatlantic"

From the latest update to the Cruise Director list thread dated March 7

"Island Princess - Kelly Rose (February 19, 2015) (She stated that she will NOT be the CD taking the ship to Italy for it's refit leaving FLL on 3-21-15 but did not know who would replace her) Per DMCruiser - Dan Appleby will take over on March 21 Transatlantic"

Correct.

We just received a letter yesterday from Princess saying Dan Appleby will be the cruise director on our March 21st Ta to Venice.