Email address Stein Kruse

Mar56

Stein Kruse was CEO and President of Holland America LINE from December 2004.

He is now CEO of the Holland America GROUP of Companies (HAL, Princess, Cunard, et al).

Orlando Ashford took over as President of Holland America LINE in December 2014

So, is there a CEO of Holland America LINE?

...you would be better off expressing your concerns in the form of a letter to Mr. Kruise . Gives specific dates, your specific concern, what you did regarding dealing with the guest relations folks on board and what you'd like done to rectify / compensate you for the situation that occurred.

I wouldn't advise anything to lengthily or anything that might be considered offensive.

Likewise, it's also nice to let Mr. Kruise know that you had a great cruise with no problems.

Whenever I've written him in both regards I've always received back a reply. His office assistant actually does the research on the matter at hand (i.e. contacts the ship, etc.), verifies my concerns if applicable and replies in a timely and a professional manner.

Best of luck.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

...you would be better off expressing your concerns in the form of a letter to Mr. Kruise . Gives specific dates, your specific concern, what you did regarding dealing with the guest relations folks on board and what you'd like done to rectify / compensate you for the situation that occurred.

I wouldn't advise anything to lengthily or anything that might be considered offensive.

Likewise, it's also nice to let Mr. Kruise know that you had a great cruise with no problems.

Whenever I've written him in both regards I've always received back a reply. His office assistant actually does the research on the matter at hand (i.e. contacts the ship, etc.), verifies my concerns if applicable and replies in a timely and a professional manner.

Best of luck.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Let me guess- Christine Ferris? Many of us have gotten replies from MS Ferris from "The Office of the President". When I asked a HAL person about Ms Ferris I was told "she is in guest services".

Let me guess- Christine Ferris? Many of us have gotten replies from MS Ferris from "The Office of the President". When I asked a HAL person about Ms Ferris I was told "she is in guest services".

Christine is an amazing person and a good friend. She is in Guest Relations. They have an agent that specifically handles all of the letters that come in to the senior execs. The execs read them, forward via interoffice as they feel is appropriate given the content and then it goes to the specific agent in Guest Relations handling those exec letters.

I doubt very, very much that any letter, email addressed to Mr Kruse is read by him. I can't imagine that he has the time or patience to do such work.

That's what Ms Ferris and others are paid to do, so pax might as well write to Guest Relations.

I doubt very, very much that any letter, email addressed to Mr Kruse is read by him. I can't imagine that he has the time or patience to do such work.

That's what Ms Ferris and others are paid to do, so pax might as well write to Guest Relations.

I've written several letters to the President's Office and have had responses from someone other than Ms. Ferris. I'd rather start at the top if I have concerns.

See my above. They are. They come down to GR stamped by his office, hand written comments for them to be interofficed to other areas as needed (for example a complaint about... a technical issue with the ship would copy in the VP of Fleet... it's initialed by him and then sent to GR for reply. The responses usually come from the rep tapped for exec replies but if someone were out of town they can have someone else reply

On the other hand, if you just send a general letter to the GR department your reply could be from anyone in the department

And I am referring to letters that are addressed to Stein Kruse... as in the envelope says it is to him. If you send an email to HAL Attn: GR and then start the letter "Dear Mr. kruse" it will go to the GR dept in general

Edited by InTheWASide

Christine is an amazing person and a good friend. She is in Guest Relations. They have an agent that specifically handles all of the letters that come in to the senior execs. The execs read them, forward via interoffice as they feel is appropriate given the content and then it goes to the specific agent in Guest Relations handling those exec letters.

This is a very informative reply. Thank you.

What you are saying does mirror somewhat my experience when I had a serious concern with Carnival Cruise Lines. I addressed my letter to Mr. Cahill (CEO at the time of Carnival Cruise Lines) and the Presiding Director of Carnival Corporation. I received a reply from the Senior Vice President for Marketing for Carnival Cruise Lines (my concern had to do with a marketing issue). In his response, he indicated that a more senior official than he directed him to contact me. I do think that the senior officers do find time to "hear what customers/shareholders have to say".

Edited by rkacruiser

I had the best cruise experience on the Eurodam in 2014. I wrote a letter to Stein Kruse and mailed it to the Seattle office. I had a personalized letter in response from Christine Ferris and the stationary and envelope was marked "Office of the President."

Letter was catered to me individually and was not an auto-reply. I was very impressed. It is reasons like this why I will exclusively cruise HAL. The rest of the lines are just not the same. I have learned my lesson.

Actually, whenever I've communicated with Mr. Kruise (and his office) it was a male personal assistant who contacted me. I've also had the pleasure to deal with Ms Ferris in both negative and positive capacities.

IMHO I believe the HAL customer service does quite well both on- board and by other available means.

Be well.

sover the re be p