Refurbished Royal Caribbean terminal in Galveston?

longhorn2004

Interesting that they are allowing diamond plus in suite lounge, I thought that this was going to be suite and pinnacle only.

Yes I thought so also , but in reality there is more room in Suite than in Diamond Lounge. Most space limitations are on long repositioning cruises anyway , so hope the new lay out works well for demands of D+ for home based loop cruises.

Edited by ssb

Yes I thought so also , but in reality there is more room in Suite than in Diamond Lounge. Most space limitations are on long repositioning cruises anyway , so hope the new lay out works well for demands of D+ for home based loop cruises.

I have seen concierge club packed in 2014 on Navigator, concierge said we should be able to find more room in diamond club once, but last year did not have issues, we will see when RCCL roles out more suite benefits if any of this will change, ( should make D+ in 2017)

I have seen concierge club packed in 2014 on Navigator, concierge said we should be able to find more room in diamond club once, but last year did not have issues, we will see when RCCL roles out more suite benefits if any of this will change, ( should make D+ in 2017)

Our past decisions on happy hours... have been made on who we are with and where we could sit, and not on where to celebrate based on status. :)

Do you have any pictures of the Diamond Club Lounge that you can post?

Same entry location by Big Bar down past.

Same size as Voyager Class

There is no outdoor Balcony behind back wall and old doors! It is being used for storage.

Diamond.jpg.6b4370c2ca77efafb210370dbd8b3c1a.jpg

1326081501_Diamond1.jpg.8fead9c42d6b6cf4f56b5a2d7c71b1d6.jpg

Edited by ssb

There is no outdoor Balcony behind back wall and old doors! It is being used for storage.

I'm disappointed to learn there is no outdoor balcony area. Maybe that will change by December. Thanks for the information.

Edited by JimAOk1945

I'm disappointed to learn there is no outdoor balcony area. Maybe that will change by December. Thanks for the information.

Will post photo of storage tomorrow!

Hopefully it is temporary? Wonder if outside deck diamond contiguous around back to suite deck?

Edited by ssb

Will post photo of storage tomorrow!

Hopefully storage is temporary?

Wonder if normal outside deck of diamond is contiguous around back to suite deck, as to why they closed it off?

Two more diamond

One of big lounge

797390442_Lounge14.jpg.5f7d90014a4c61e61bd81e15450c4aba.jpg

1976566930_Diamond6.jpg.5cbc55edba125dcc0d37f5d6b629c3d9.jpg

Diamond5.jpg.bd59353b37dd4ff961897438e38ff9e1.jpg

Edited by ssb

• 2 weeks later...

This was also the case on the Freedom. Outdoor seating was open on the Indy though.

When we were on Liberty last year before the refurbishment, the outside seating for the Diamond Lounge was closed due to installation of the new scrubbers. This may be finished by now.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

When we were on Liberty last year before the refurbishment, the outside seating for the Diamond Lounge was closed due to installation of the new scrubbers. This may be finished by now.

Margee

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks Margee

In the early 2000's both Carnival and RCL had two ships going out of Galveston. Not sure for how long though, at least a few years if I remember correctly.

Actually in 2004-2007 RCCL had two ships in Galveston. They were Rhapsody of the Seas and Splendour of the Seas. Around 2004 they also had a Celebrity ship there for a very limited time. I wish they would bring a Celebrity ship back because they are having some good deals being offered on their cruises lately. I would like to see RCCL offer Southern Caribbean or the Bahamas out of Galveston. I just cannot handle Mexico anymore.

Actually in 2004-2007 RCCL had two ships in Galveston. They were Rhapsody of the Seas and Splendour of the Seas. Around 2004 they also had a Celebrity ship there for a very limited time. I wish they would bring a Celebrity ship back because they are having some good deals being offered on their cruises lately. I would like to see RCCL offer Southern Caribbean or the Bahamas out of Galveston. I just cannot handle Mexico anymore.

I agree!!!

Terminal #1 supposily is one of largest in Us.

With larger terminal #2 and probable terminal 3 on Pelican Island near intercoastal, or on current port channel, there will room for a lot of ships. Then add that with Princess wanting back in Galveston, it will be a must for many available choices of varied itineraries be available for these lines to be successful and want to stay in Galveston.

Here's to hopefully this all happens.

Edited by ssb

ABC NEWS

US eases security for ships visiting Cuba

1227212_630x354.jpg

Updated 28 mins ago

WASHINGTON --

The Obama administration is making it easier for U.S. cruise ships, cargo vessels and even ferries to travel back and forth between the United States and Cuba with much less hassle.

The U.S. is removing Cuba from the list of countries considered security risks because of insufficient security in their ports.

That means U.S. ships that have visited Cuba won't be subject to onerous additional security measures before re-entering American ports. No longer will all ships have to be boarded by the U.S. Coast Guard, though the Coast Guard still can conduct random checks.

The announcement comes three days before President Barack Obama heads to Cuba for the first presidential visit in generations. Obama has been easing restrictions on U.S. travel and commerce in Cuba.

Keep checking back on this page to get real-time updates as this story unfolds. To get alerts for breaking news, download the abc13 news app for iPhone or Android. You can also get breaking news alerts sent to you by email

Edited by ssb

any update on new cruise terminal, we leave in a month??

Word is "by" May 1st . Hope your timing is right !

Maybe if you don't catch it on embarkation , you will on disembarkation.

Edited by ssb

Word is "by" May 1st . Hope your timing is right !

Maybe if you don't catch it on embarkation , you will on disembarkation.

We disembark on 5/1, we will see, might be booking a few more Liberty cruise while on board, should be ready for my following Texas cruise in 2017

We disembark on 5/1, we will see, might be booking a few more Liberty cruise while on board, should be ready for my following Texas cruise in 2017

We are also disembarking with George on 5/1. We already booked a second cruise on Liberty in Nov, but hoping to make a deal on something else for Fall 2017. Probably our first Mega Ship.

Thx for the update ssb.

Edited by WilsonFamilyNRH